Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thursday 19:30

Tough game coming up. CSKA have lost guys like Jo, Daniel Carvalho and Dudu but still have guys like Zhirkov, Vagner Love, Akinfeev in goal, Caner and the Russian NT centre back pairing.

As for us, Lucius might be back. Other than that, probably the same team as from Sunday:

Timmer

Lucius / Tiendalli Bahia Hofland de Cler :scared:

El Ahmadi Van Bronckhorst
Fer Wijnaldum Biseswar

Makaay​

Prediction: 1-2 with them hitting us on the break. Obviously hope not but CSKA definitely are the strongest side in our group.

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, when he apparently was on the verge of joining Inter Milan.

Guess he must have missed his country of origin cos it surely can't be due to footballing reasons

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
I see from your Jong Feyenoord posting that Lucius went the full 90 minutes in the reserve team match this week. Will he start instead of Tiendalli, or will Tiendalli get the start?

I guess we'll see on Thursday night (early Friday for me).

Teak

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Theo's said in an interview that if it were up to him, he'd be in the starting line-up come Thursday lol and that he also doesn't like Gertjan Verbeek's fitness/weight lifting regime. Way to go Theo :rolleyes:

If anything Tiendalli deserves a chance now IMO even if I was calling on Lucius to come back ASAP when Greene was blundering at RB.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Lol this is the same situation we had when we had Vierklau, Chris Kanu and Mokoena were "competing" for a starting spot at rb :D (apart from the injured Nieuwenburg).

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
or Van Bronckhorst at LB, Tiendalli at RB and Lucius as a holding midfielder alongside El Ahmadi so nobody'd have to play in an unnatural position for them.

Obviously only an idea as we know that Verbeek'll stick with de Cler just like he's stuck with Greene.

I'd actually stick with de Cler but that I guess has to do with me liking him and still recalling his impressive performances from last season, more than anything :(

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Yeah, when he apparently was on the verge of joining Inter Milan.

Guess he must have missed his country of origin cos it surely can't be due to footballing reasons
Unfortunately Carvalho lost his shape completely and moved to Brazil to try to regain it (like Adriano for example).

PS. I'm seeing you have not mention Dzagoev in your starting post... Forgot him or you are thinking he will not be a danger?

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PS. I'm seeing you have not mention Dzagoev in your starting post... Forgot him or you are thinking he will not be a danger?
Never heard of him, that's why.

But now reading up on him, he seems to be the new kid on the block with his 2 goals against Super Depor. Great news for us :rollani:

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Cska four upfront will create problems to feyenoord but their defence isvery average to say the least.....

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
What kind of caloryfull food do you have in Russia then to make him lose his shape?
If his 'shape' is an issue, he could simply quote the famous comedian George Carlin (now dead), who said: "I'm in shape; round is a shape."

Teak

·
FM of the Year 2007
10,611 Posts
But now reading up on him, he seems to be the new kid on the block with his 2 goals against Super Depor. Great news for us :rollani:
I watched big parts of the CSKA - Depor game, and I have to say CSKA was quite impressive. Attackingly they seem very dangerous, with Dzagoev, Zhirkov & Vagner Love.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
That was hilarious :D

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Yes, Giovanni had 2 goals and 1 assist in the first half, but unfortunately it is 1-2 to CSKA! If Feyenoord can keep attacking in the second half they can probably put another one past Akinfeev, but they have to cut out the mistakes defensively!

I remember seeing Vagner Love before now. He runs into Hofland and then crashes to the turf like a truck hit him. Hahahaha...wimpy Brazilian. Great goal-scoring skills, but too much an actor. If he went to the English Premier League, the fans there would NOT appreciate the acting skills.

Teak

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Final score 1-3 to CSKA. Love scored another goal after a mazy run through the Feyenoord defense, proving that when he has the motivation he can run without falling down!

Biseswar just doesn't work for me on the left side. He NEVER tried to take it to the touchline. He ALWAYS cuts back inside. CSKA covered him with one defender who overplayed him on the inside, the side that Diego chooses. It is clear that Diego wants to be an inside attacker, but for the sake of the team it would be nice if he would try a few times to take the ball down the left and put in crosses from the left.

CSKA were double-teaming Wijnaldum on the other flank; shows how much respect the 17-year-old is getting.

De Cler and Tiendalli did well on the flanks. No mistakes from de Cler this match. Things are looking up for League play. UEFA Cup is out of the question, but the extra experience could help the youngsters.

Back to bed.

Teak

1 - 20 of 31 Posts