Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big game coming up on Sunday. Our first real test against a topper from the league after our run of 9 or so straight wins and as Ajax have a hard game coming up on Saturday night away against Heerenveen where they like us haven't done too well against lately, this could be another chance to close the gap on them for the consolation prize of 3rd spot.

Gullit should have a full squad to pick his starting 11 from but I think if he was to make a change, it perhaps could be Ghaly for Hofs.
So what do you reckon'll happen? will we see AZ play us off the park? see them counter like against Shaktar away? or will it be a repeat of the cup game ? :cool:

I for one got hope as the ref will be none other than friend of the forum, Roelof Luinge :proud: :D and under him we've won 3 and only lost 1 against AZ and he's often been consistant in sending off Barry van Galen so I'm going for a 2-1 win for us with K2 scoring and Luinge doing the job he's best at! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
40,685 Posts
Roelof is de vriend van Rotterdam! :D

Huge match, if we want to have any chance of finishing third, we'll have to win this one. I don't think it's impossible, although I doubt they'll get redcarded twice this time, perhaps once though. ;)

I'd keep the lineup the same, let Hofs battle it out in midfield, bring in Ghaly if he isn't succesfull. Perhaps Bosschaart on the left in defence, I trust him more defensively than I do with Basto. But the rest of the team should remain the same.

Looking forward to this match. I think we'll win this 3-2 with Kuijt, Kalou and Gibbs scoring. :stuckup:

·
Registered
59,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah yeah forgot about Basto :eek: man, he was a pile of poo last time out :( shame as I thought he was starting to adapt, but you never know with Gullit. He kept on with Mtiliga and Paauwe too for like half a season :rollani:

My preference would be Ghaly cos of his physical prescence but it isn't one I'd really mind about as Hofs can do a job too. Hopefully he'll wind up a few too on Sunday :D

·
Registered
59,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lodewijks is out so Babos will definitely start for this one while Matthijsen is a doubt for AZ. :cool:

so I guess the only question marks for Gullit will be Basto/Boschaart for LB and Hofs/Ghaly for CM.

Come on Feyenoord :fero:

·
Registered
40,685 Posts
Bosschaart and Ghaly both started today, I've been enjoying the weather so I haven't followed it. But we're up only 4-1 at the moment and it's as good as over. :strong:

3 times SALOMON KALOU and Romeo Castelen.

Let's see any team in Europe do this against mighty AZ! Oh and Ajacieden, we got you now!

·
Registered
40,685 Posts
Great match by us, 4 very nice goals, could have been double the score, but I'll settle for 4-2. We now have the 2 topscorers in the league and we're third!

Babos looked secure in the rare situations when AZ got in front of the goal, their second goal however was scored through bad marking by our defence. All in all a very impressive win against a side that hasn't lost in the league since August last year!

It seems our guys are actually capable of competing with the best (na de winterstop) and if we manage to keep our best players, I don't see why we can't challenge for the title next season. :cool:

·
Registered
59,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahhhh these are the days you just love being a Feyenoord fan, listening to us totally outplay AZ on the radio in the garden with a good book in your hand :cool: to then see it on studio sport later!

Definitely the performance of the season so far and what a game for SOLOMON!!!! :strong: Kuijt, Castelen and also Ono were :thumbsup: while I'll also like to mention Boschaart who I think did well at LB. Looked better going forward than Basto ever did and definsively on a whole, you got to have more trust in him too. I hope he'll continue the good work as it'd be a plus to see a local boy in the team and not to mention like said before, a potential Oranje LB since the other guy people been mentioning for Oranje to perhaps stand in for Gio, Tim de Cler basically got torn to pieces today.

All in all a great win which could have actually been by even more (6 or 7 at least imo) and it puts us 7 points behind AZ. Looking at their schedule (2 tough games in the UEFA cup, Ajax uit next Sunday and more tough games) they can definitely drop points so it ain't totally out the question even though I'd say our chances now stand at 20 % of getting 2nd place and we course too have tough games coming up but with this form, you can only look forward to the next games. Such a shame though it's taken so long :sigh:

and a last couple of things, I think it'd be best to stick for Babos for the next few games as he did his job today and looking to the future. Furthermore if Ono were to go I think Barretto would be an even better replacement than Boutahar. Great passer! and what a game too vs Groningen!

and btw Drulo are you still 100 % anti-Gullit ? :stuckup: :pp

·
Registered
40,685 Posts
Didn't really follow the entire match, but did catch Bosschaart's assist to Kalou, so hopefully we've found a solid leftback. Also I agree with you on Baretto, the guy is not only a solid player, he also has a great shot.

Don't expect AZ to completely collapse, so I'm just glad we're now third and hopefully we at least hold on to this. Also yes, I'm still anti-mr peas-for-brains.:D

Baz, without Hiddink you'd be nowhere, so just pray the good man doesn't ever leave. ;)

·
Registered
59,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He started the game against AZ, his first one he's started for us since he injured himself before your friendly against Belgium! and in the game against AZ he didn't start so well (some dodgy passes, perhaps lack of match practice) but it didn't take long before he improved and the rest of the game he played much better! :)

Haven't heard or read anything about him getting offers from bigger clubs btw and I don't think he will leave Feyenoord in the near future. Our 3 main stars Kuijt, Kalou and Castelen were being linked to moves to big clubs but no Ghaly yet I'm pleased to say as a FEyenoord fan

·
Registered
51 Posts
i know but i dont know if he played good for feyenoord or not ??!
ghali when he play for el ahly in egypt he was the best player in egypt and he play in atourement with egypt U-21 in Qatar and he win the best player of this tour. and after it he had alote of offers from top clubs like arsenal , barcelona , dortomund , PSG , feyenoord , ..
finally he accept offer from feye. cause mido said to him its good to open his europe career in aclub like feye ..
but i think that ghali is not in his top form since he play for feyenoord ??!!
i didnt know why ??

·
Registered
59,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm happy with him so far. I think he made the right choice coming to Feyenoord as he'd get regular first team football here and the pressure at clubs like Barcelona to perform immediately is much bigger than here. Ghaly has all the attributes to become a very good midfielder with his skill and physique but tactically he can still improve. He can sometimes be caught out positionally and sometimes he tries to do things the difficult way instead of the easy way. He can definitely learn to improve that here in Holland and it'd probably be best for him to stay here for at least a year or two more before being really ready and setting his sights on the big clubs in Italy, Spain or England.

·
Registered
51 Posts
yes i know and i hope that feyenoord will play in CL the next season cause it will be agreat chance for him to prove his abilites

1 - 16 of 16 Posts