Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
59,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Ajax facing our sister side Sunday lunchtime with them also losing to them 2 or so years ago after an Elmander special I think and the official confirmation of the news that Jozef Kiprich is now going to work for us again as a scout :cool:, we might have another great week, if we take our 3 points.

Willem II will be tough though. THey showed that they're good finishers against NEC last week and the return of the lost son Jatto Ceesay (who's in one game done more than UTrechts lost son imo) will make them dangerous down the wings with Bobson on the other side.

Ghaly will be out for us unfortunately after injuring himself yesterday with Egypt so it'll be interesting to see what Ruud does. Good to see Castelen back into some form last night though and Kuijt was especially good at holding the ball up imo against te English.

Kalou should be back but I expect LAzovic to retain his place after last weeks good performance whil Hofs should keep his place imo despite Ono being back. The other spot in the centre of midfield will be hotly contested though imo with 3 possible candidates in Ono, Paauwe and Pardo. I actually expect Paauwe to start actually as he apparantly has trained hard according to Ruud and he also is more of a DM than the other 2.

Team I expect to play btw:

----------Babos-----------

Ostlund-Saidi-Gibbs-Pascal

Castelen-Hofs--Paauwe-Goor

-------Kuijt---Lazovic--------

·
Registered
40,672 Posts
This match will show if we're actually thinking about doing something before the season ends, or if we just had a fluke last week.

I think your team is spot on, Ghaly to be replaced by Patje and Lazo to get another chance after his convincing performance last week. Since Bahia seems to be doing so well, I'd give him a shot instead of Gibbs, just to see how well he does in comparison. Since Gibbs isn't much of a footballer, but more like a NFL kicker from what I've seen so far. His defensive skills however are very solid.

Hopefully we bag the 3 points and move on to our clash with Sporting with some renewed and justified confidence. :)

·
Registered
59,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The team's been made public. Got the team right bar for 2 positions. Basto will start instead of Pascal who'll be on the bench and Babos hasn't made it after suffering some freaky injury near his eye. Lodesijks will start instead of him.

Ono isn't on the bench as I read his recovery from his operation hasn't been so swift. Pardo, Leonardo, Kalou, de Graaf, Malkovski and Zuiverloon are the other benchwarmers alongside Pascal btw.

Now no time for cock-ups with Heerenveen and co all winning yesterday. 3 points please :cool:

Hope for one that especially Castelen will keep his good form from last week and Wednesday against England !

·
Registered
59,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and who are you going to be rooting for? :D

Excelsior for me and also cos of Johnny Metgod. Shame he isn't doing so well as expected :(

·
Registered
40,672 Posts
Tough question, on the one hand there's Sparta's great history, the colours and their passionate fans, on the other hand there's a good buddy of mine (not playing BTW) and Excelsior's link with Feyenoord.

I'll go with Sparta since they have a realistic shot at promotion. :)

Lucky escape for Feyenoord just now, good going ref. :D

·
Registered
59,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just been a way for a bit and it's 2-0 :happy:

Was it deserved btw looking at the balance of play?

Penalty for us now btw :D lucky one apparantly

·
Registered
59,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Don't give a stuff how they come. 3-0 :shades:

Kuijt on 18 for the season.

Hope we play this out calmly with the game on Wednesday coming up. I'm getting confident btw that we won't lose too heavily at least vs Sporting away (maybe 2-1 loss) and that should give a good enough chance for us to turn them over at home. Lets hope.

now 4-0. :eek: WE're slaughtering them. Nicky Hofs!

Good to hear Castelen is retaining his good form btw

·
Registered
40,672 Posts
And Kuijt converted it, 3-0 the score! :)

The commentator wasn't very positive about our play untill we started scoring. But who cares right? :cool:

And there it is, 4-0, NICKY HOFS! :D

·
Registered
59,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Varkevisser ! :D

do you know how he's been doing for Excelsior in general btw? is he Feyenoord level ? it'd be great if we were to have a young talented 3rd goalie as back-up behind Babos and Aerts next season

·
Registered
40,672 Posts
I havent actually seen all the highlights but whenever I did watch Varkevisser never seemed the problem. He's a decent keeper whom I've been watching ever since his A days, always considered a talent but when he turned pro never seemed able to fulfill his promise.

Also nice to see so many other Feyenoord players involved: Artz, Bandjar, Van Driel, Curth, Holman etc. Hopefully we'll see some of them playing for the first team some day.

·
Registered
59,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Read Curth might be lured by clubs from his homeland as his contract runs out in the summer. Hope not as he sounds like a decent talent. Hertog scoring for Excelsior, he must be the oldest player for them. Heard his name often along the years. I think Sparta will equalize though since they're pressuring Excelsior more.

As for Feyenoord, sounds like we're not planning on letting go of the gas pedal. 5-0 :D now after Lazovic unegoistically passed to Kuijt who apparantly was in a better position :cool: and Kuijt hit the crossbar before too! either Willem II are really playing like amateurs or we really are playing well. Guess we'll see later in Studio Sport :D

Leo Leo Leo Leo :strong: ideal time for him to make his comeback now!

·
Registered
40,672 Posts
5-0, DIRK KUIJT!

Lazovic praised by the commentator for assisting Kuijt unselfishly when he could have made the shot himself. Seems like he's finally become part of the team. :proud:

·
Registered
59,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
6-0 :howler:

Hofs again:proud: monte will be cursing now wherever she is :pp

Castelen and Hofs in form. Just hope we can at least keep this up till Wednesday as you never know with us :(

and he's back. Leonardo in for Goor :strong:

·
Registered
40,672 Posts
Wally said:
Hofs again:proud: monte will be cursing now wherever she is :pp
:D

Unbelievable, is this the same Feyenoord that we've been watching the last 2 months? :eekani:

Also very glad to have Leo back, hopefully he'll either get an assist or score one himself to immediately boost his confidence. :)

·
Registered
59,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
7-0 and on the scoresheet Bruno Basto :howler:!

what a win! and thanks Gullit for making this one of the craziest seasons I've ever come across as a fan! :D lose one week to some loser outfit then win with scores of like 6-0 and 7-2.

Shame for Varkevisser! sounded like he was a wall but it just had to happen in the end :( 1-1 at the death. your pal Ronnie Nouwen must be gutted!

·
Registered
40,672 Posts
Yep, the Portuguese rock adding his first for Feyenoord!

Leo's performance reminded the commentator of the old days, so I can't wait to see the highlights. Othe than that, great overall performance, extremely convincing result and bring on Sporting! :fero:

Too bad for Cor, he was clearly MOTM, but in all fairness Sparta deserved to score.

PS I like how you added the scores, as long as you don't add them with a negative result. :D

·
Registered
59,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Drulo said:
PS I like how you added the scores, as long as you don't add them with a negative result. :D
I hope a Portuguese fan will see them and will shiver in his boots when he's sees it :pp

nah but in all seriousness Sporting obviously will be another kettle of fish and our defence will definitely be tested with Liedson and Viana, but we definitely have a realistic chance now with our midfield and attack clicking but lets discuss that another day. Time to enjoy this result :D

Clean sheet too today btw. :thmbup:

Anyways my mood is one that I won't even boycott Ajax tonight :D and even though they'll no doubt be shown first, I can't wait for studio sport !

1 - 20 of 34 Posts