Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read coverage that some players don't get used to the new ball.

I don't know why FIFA always likes to introduce a new invention on such an important occassion. It happen in 94 and 98 and this time they do it again. I don't like the fact that players' performance is affected by this kind of 'unpredictable' factor. Shouldn't FIFA try the ball out on some small tournaments first?

In 94, Ireland's keeper lost an embarrassing goal because of the new ball.

In 98, Roberto Carlos failed to make even one decent free kick, again because of the new ball.

Let's who will be the victim this time.

·
Registered
181 Posts
As much as I know FIFA announced it early enough so that UEFA,.. could change the regulations this season.

Anyway I hope it will improve the scorers performance in this WC since it is lighter, faster and more elastic.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Well that isnt the only stupid thing that FIFA does, the referees are more strict so we will see more sending offs. Sure it adds to the drama but it can spoil games and it isnt much fun if youre a supporter of a team that has a lost a player.

·
Registered
36 Posts
whoops! i duplicated this thread...i agree with you all, they should test it on smaller tournaments before the give the nod for the World Cup.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Leslie Santos said:
I read coverage that some players don't get used to the new ball.

I don't know why FIFA always likes to introduce a new invention on such an important occassion. It happen in 94 and 98 and this time they do it again.
You don't know why (ching ching ching) or you wish they wouldn't? ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts