Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

You remember those footballs most Saudi kids used to play with, the kind you find at your local baggala stacked in a giant basket or net. They're canvas balls, rubber coated on the inside, and covered with glued-on hexagons. Cheap and mass produced, those balls were great to play with but didn't last long. In no time the hexagons start peeling off or the ball starts to leak air or just plain explode. They were light with good bounce and very easy to do dribbling and tricks with. They were very popular with Saudis. I don't know about you guys, but I've always got the impression that people preffered them to proper synthetic leather footballs. I remember many times when sombody brings a match ball to a game in the 7ara or in a mazra3a and people will play with it for a few minutes, then switch back to the cheap balls because they prefered it.

Anyway, my main point is that these new fevernova balls sound closer in ball dynamics to those rubber balls than the older match balls: they're light and bouncy. Yet they have the qualities of a match ball: long range, fast pace.

Most Saudi players grew up playing in the 7ara or school yard with the cheap balls, so those new balls might be well suited to them.

At least that's my theory. I might buy a fevernova ball just to test out how similar it is when dribbling and juggle with it, and thus back up or torpedo my theory. What are your views?

N

·
0 Posts
Sure i remember those balls. They still have them at most local Baggalas. They're usually red or blue hexagons and after a few weeks the material and color on the outside of the ball is all eroded away. Then it's starts peeling off or someone shoots it on a sharp object and you have to buy another one. Terrible quality, but damn fun to play with. And i agree it's because they aren't as heavy or hard as synthetic leather balls and thus easier to cross, run and dribble with.

Now i'm all nostaglic about my younger days. :cap:

I don't know about your theory, besides the NT would use proper balls to practice with not cheap stuff like that. :D It's certainly a long shot but check out the fevernova ball and tell us your conclusions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts