Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ferrari engineer: 'Kimi is joining us'
Monday March 06 2006

Kimi Raikkonen is joining Ferrari next season, that's according to reports in the Finnish press.

The McLaren driver has been linked to a move to the Italian outfit over the course of the past few months, however, neither side has been willing to confirm or deny the rumours. That is, until now.

According to a Ferrari engineer, who wished to remain unnamed, Raikkonen will be heading to Ferrari at the end of the season.

He revealed though, that the team is loath to announce it as they don't want to spark the sort of uproar that McLaren did when they announced a year ahead of time that Fernando Alonso would be joining them.

"The team (Ferrari) doesn't want to make an early announcement and make the same mistake Ron Dennis made by announcing Alonso as their race driver for 2007," the engineer told a Finnish newspaper.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
ahahaaha. I found an article countering this but I don't have it at the moment. Will post it up as soon as I retrieve it.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kimi likely 'to stay with McLaren'
Thursday March 09 2006

Although F1's rumour mill has Kimi Raikkonen moving to Ferrari next year, the Finn says he's actually more likely to stay with McLaren.

Speculation about Raikkkonen's future has reached fever pitch ever since McLaren announced that World Champion Fernando Alonso would be joining them in 2007.

And while most believe the Spaniard's arrival will herald Raikkonen's departure, they could be wrong.

"The truth is that I have not yet signed with anyone," he told the SID news agency.

However, when the time does come to make a decision, Raikkonen revealed that he's more likely to "stay with McLaren, rather than go somewhere else."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts