Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ferrara set to quit Tuesday 28 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus veteran Ciro Ferrara will retire from the game at the end of this current campaign.

"I am still under contract with Juventus but once this season ends I will hang up my boots," he admitted. "However, I will then begin a job as a club official for the Bianconeri."

The former Italian international stopper, who is now 37-years-old, has enjoyed a majestic career.

Born in Napoli, Ferrara made his Serie A debut for his home-town club in the 1984-85 season.

He won two League titles at the San Paolo before winning five more at Juventus following his 1994 move to Turin.

channel4

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
He's going to take up modelling. :howler:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Schumy said:
He's going to take up modelling. :howler:
Why not? Not only good looks matters. He has a fine presence and loads of charm actually. He also has a nice voice, he was the least ridiculous signing 'Il mio canto libero'!

Capello should field him for the last game at Delle Alpi, a fully packed one for the circumstance hopefully.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Steph! said:
Why not? Not only good looks matters. He has a fine presence and loads of charm actually. He also has a nice voice, he was the least ridiculous signing 'Il mio canto libero'!

Capello should field him for the last game at Delle Alpi, a fully packed one for the circumstance hopefully.
Good looks=Ciro! :howler:I was joking of course,He actually does have a nice nature and would be great as some sought of ambassador or coach.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Above all else... Ferrara is a model professional, a model defender, a true great. Both as a man and as a Juve player :proud: :star: .

Hopefully he will end his carrier on the field with a big triumph. He deserves nothing less after a carrier as immense as it has been.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
He's won something like 7 Scudetti absolutely phenomenal,I'll never forget he was part of that famous Italia 90 team.Ciro una leggenda che non ti dimentico mai.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Defenitely a legend. He only represented 2 clubs in his career( Napoli, Juve) and he played with great player like Maradona, Careca, Zidane and Del Piero. Ferrara was among the best markers in the world at his prime, athletic and always on the right place. Now at the age of 37 it's time to retire and when his contract expires in June I'm sure he will.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Even Maradona himself admits Ferrara is a great defender.

I read it somewhere forgot where.. :)

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Antzh said:
Even Maradona himself admits Ferrara is a great defender.

I read it somewhere forgot where.. :)
Thats right. Maradona said that Ciro was the best defender he has known.

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
Good memories with Ferrara. Slowly slowly the old generation will be hangin up their boots. :frownani:

Who's next, Conte? Pessotto? I wonder if Juve will ever have more players in the future that will emulate their successes and accomplishments. :proud: :hopefull:

I want to see more modest-player-turned-hero/legendary in the future. :proud: :heart:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Ciro a true legend and Bandiera and the epitomy of a real club man,An excellent speaker as pointed out I hope he remains in football in some sought of capacity.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Rhizoid Conte is already retired. Remember the shot he had against Milan that hit the post in the Champions League Final. That was the best shot of the game, outside the box on the run. It was nice.

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
Zangari_Italia said:
Rhizoid Conte is already retired. Remember the shot he had against Milan that hit the post in the Champions League Final. That was the best shot of the game, outside the box on the run. It was nice.
Oh...I've been cut off from the football world since september :stress:

Yeah, but my favorite Conte moment was when he scored that vital goal vs. Olympiakos in Athens. It was Carletto's 1st game in the CL for us.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts