Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday 4th April 2002

Veteran Juventus defender Ciro Ferrara has warned Internazionale they need to reproduce this season's form next term to be considered a Serie A giant.

Juve lie in third place behind Roma and leaders Internazionale, who have 62 points.

"Juve have to play as well as they have this year consistently to be regarded a truly big team," said Ferrara.

The centre-back nevertheless tipped Hector Cuper's team to win Serie A. "The championship race is very equal but my bet is that inter will probably win it for the first time in 13 years."

But he refused to admit that the Bianconeri have been left in their wake. "Some journalists say that Inter have had a great season and that we've completely messed everything up but I don't concur.

"I don't agree with those critics who are saying that our squad isn't as strong as that of Internazionale or Roma. The difference is that we've picked up so many injuries. In Italy it's impossible to dominate for the whole season. A six-point gap at this stage is not a disaster."

Ferrara backed under-fire coach Marcelo Lippi to keep his job. "I know Lippi very well and I find it easy to defend him. I've worked with him and I know how he does his job."

G

·
He has a point and then he doesnt. Inter, if they win the title deserve it, everything is going right for them. Its just a shame Ronaldo will be credited for winning a title with out even playing, contributing or even being part of the squad, yet he will be the first celebrating. But then he makes a good point because no titles in the 13 years is pathetic!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
WHATEVER...:eek:

·
Registered
24,542 Posts
But then he makes a good point because no titles in the 13 years is pathetic!
Ok, if thats pathetic then what is 20 years without a scudetto. Juve 1905-1925!!!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
This is classic!

peruk said:
Yeh it's real easy to win a scudetto, just a snap of the fingers can do it for you. :rollani:
However some(just one team really) prefer to do it by flicking open the wallet, which has proven very effective. :D

I wonder how many 'tifosi' Juve would have if they won the scudetto 'just' every 13 years.

·
Registered
155 Posts
We really don´t want to be in Juve class, because they are way below us. Six points at the moment. :D

And we cannot sink to Juve´s class, ´cos we don´t buy expensive watches to referees. :yuck:

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Hey who wants to be in Juve's class???

A referee bribing team.........
A team that almost always sell their best players for profit
i.e. Vieri,Zidane,Vialli,Inzaghi,Peruzzi,etc2

Inter is in a totally different class........with or without the Scudetto this season......

·
Registered
46,535 Posts
peruk said:
LOL! That's pathetic? As Nacka said, Juve went 20 years without a scudetto.

But even that's not as bad as Milan going 42 years without ANYTHING! No scudetto, no CL, no Coppa Italia, no European Supercup...NOTHING! 42 years - that really takes the cake!

At least we had 3 UEFA Cups in our 13 years!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Sink to Juve class ?

Isn't that rather low ? We've taken 1 points in two mathes prior to this weekend, and effectively ruled us self out of contention. Or- that's what we would have deserved. Only other teams could let us back in.
What's with the watches thing ? That wasn't Juve- that was another team... who got 2 penalties in the last 3 minutes today to move one point closer to you.

Inter has themselves to thank today, because no matter if Beretta's goal was dubious- you should have done enough to win. Inter is still in the driving seat.

Ciao.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i thought at this stage of the season, inter would be more classier than juve as they are first, and still in europe etc... plus they havent got any injuries which is always a bonus for this time of the season.

but when people mention juve and its history, it makes me wonder why other teams would try to compare when they havent won as much juve.

inter is a great club, i like them, but juve are the giants of italy for a reason. 25 scuddies, 10 coppa italias, 2 CL, 2 Toyaota Cups, 3 uefas, 2 supper cups and the list goes on....dont mess with us in history.

also, this referees stuff is old now....roma has taken that limelight away from us now.

and the season isnt over yet, roma are looking shakey and assy, inter just lost, and juve have most players back and after a 4-0 win with del piero, trezguet and nedved all in form, anything can still happan.

would rather have Inter win it than roma, roma players are too up themselves!! eg. totti and candela

·
Registered
320 Posts
I would like to have someone explain me where Ferrara says that Inter are not in Juve class......

What is interesting in the articel is these lines:

Juve lie in third place behind Roma and leaders Internazionale, who have 62 points.
So what he says here is that Inter is AHEAD of Juve...

"Juve have to play as well as they have this year consistently to be regarded a truly big team," said Ferrara.
So, aparently Ferrara doen't consider Juve a truely big team...

The centre-back nevertheless tipped Hector Cuper's team to win Serie A.
Ok, what Ferrara says here is basically that Inter is FAVORITE to win the scudetto...

Isn't what he says that Juve isn't Interclass???

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
INTER 62
Roma 60
Juve 59

at this point this is all i have to say.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Ferrara needs to close his mouth and realize if he doesn't hurry up, He'll be late with his Juventus meeting with Collina or something, I am glad we aren't in Juve's class anyway. :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts