Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Veteran defender Ciro Ferrara has signed a one-year contract extension with Italian giants Juventus.

The club are set to rejuvenate their defence over the summer but the 37-year-old will remain in the squad.

"I’ve already signed the contract which will keep me here until 2005," said the stopper. "All that is missing is the signature of (director general) Luciano Moggi."

The Juventus rearguard has been heavily criticised this term but Ferrara still has the faith of the Bianconeri board.

"I’m happy because this shows that the club still believes in me and my ability," he added. "I can still be of use to this side."

Ferrara has been at the Stadio Delle Alpi since his 1994 move from home town club Napoli. And he expects many of his teammates to remain despite speculation of a mass clear out.

"I don’t think there will be a revolution in the summer and I believe that boss Marcello Lippi will also remain," he added.

Ferrara will stay with Juventus when he finally does retire. He has already agreed terms to work as a club official.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
great news. i'm so happy its him and not someone else in our defensive unit. i'd like to have ferrara as back up to our young stars which hopefully join this summer.

a great player indeed!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Good news indeed. Ciro will be a bianconero forever! I see him moving within the organization, and taking on a different roll when his playing days are over, just like AlessandroDP.

:star:They are both Juve legends :star:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Great news!

He still has alot to give for the club. His presence is very important for the team. And afterall, he is our best defender! ;)

Forza Ferrara! A loyal servant under the Old Lady.

·
Registered
522 Posts
sure, it's good news, but i do hope the management has plans to sign NEW young players....:howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Nyuka said:
You may disagree, but I think he might be called symbol of Juventus.
He is...He keeps performing well in the defence...I can't think of any occasion he really underperformed.Someone we can trust is always needed.Milan has Maldini,Roma has Totti and we have Ferrara...They are all symbols of their clubs:)

·
Registered
819 Posts
No, you're not.
:D :howler:

Hey, I didn't stay he should *start*! However, who would you have rather seen play at the WC - Iuliano or Ferrara?

Who would you rather see warm the bench in Germany this summer - Iuliano, Legrottaglie or Ferrara?

I know which one I would pick :strong:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts