Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greek club AEK Athens are interested for the 33 year old Ferrara and haved made a move to sign him if not buy him loan him for a season. This may happen because Ancelotti has expressed that the player is not in his plans for the season.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I don't think Ciro is interested in joining a greek club, there are plenty of small clubs in Italy who would love to have him. Maybe he just decides to go home ( Napoli ) .

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
AEK can offer him European football and better wages than a small Italian team.Napoli is an option for sentimental reasons.

Anyway,I dont think AEK has any interest in Ferrara.Prepably stupid rumors of the italian press.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
But they cannot offer him the competition.
You are probably right, this is probably only a stupid rumor, but it can also have been published by a greek newspaper, it doesn't have to necessarily be an itlian one. :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Actually AEK can offer him a challenge for the title,even the Greek one.I think he would take that over a relegation struggle with Perugia or Bari.And also its the money factor.

No,its not Greek press.I live in Greece so I would know it :).Greek newspapers do report this but its like that "Italian paper Gazzeta/Corriere/Tuttosport/Il Messagerro reports that AEK wants Ferrara...",clear? :)

F

·
0 Posts
This may happen because Ancelotti has expressed that the player is not in his plans for the season.

After a good season, getting a call for gli Azzurri in Euro 2000 and being the #2 captain, I seriously doubt that Ciro is not in Ancelotti's plans.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Uhh, Ciro not in Ancelotti's plans? Kinda doubt it, he's an excellent defender with hell of alot more to offer. "Napoli is an option for sentimental reasons." Amo says. Well, he started his carrer there you know. He says himself that he would like to finish his career in Napoli. I'd rather play for Napoli than AEK.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Ramy,thats exactly what I say.He started his career at Napoli and he is in love with the team.Sentimental reasons!

Napoli is a team with ambitions,thats why they can lure Ferrara.But there is no doubt that AEK is a better team.

This discussions is meaningless anyway,Ferrara will stay at Juve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts