Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fernando Torres warned about the situation of the team:
"If we keep playing this way, we'll miss Europe. The points lost against Espanyol are missed at the end. Last season, we finished out of Europe because of a goal or a point and, this season, if we keep playing this way, it's going to happen again. Blaming the referee is unfair, we're the only guilties. Maybe it's more important winning than playing well, although it is for sure that, if you play well, you normally win. Next Sunday, we have a match at home and we're convinced of the victory"

About the solution, "If I knew it, I would have done something. Maybe at home we feel supported and away we miss it, I don't know why, but the truth is that we're losing matches like the one against Espanyol that should have been won".

"The standings are breaking, some teams go up and others go down, one year ago we remained in the middle, in noone's land and we didn't achieve our objectives. So this team we have to plug to the top positions and, if we do not want to stay behind, we have to improve our game"
In Spanish
http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20041130/NOTICIA184397550.html

------------------------

Torres is right, since Atlético came back to Primera, it's always the same story. The team plays awful, especially out of the Calderón. They play like a small team, too defensive and boring. Torres is the only one that shows to be a step over the average. Disappointing Atlético.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,891 Posts
All due to lack of quality in the wings. The right wing is very weak and we need a quality signing who can deliver it consistently every week. Our playmaker Ibagaza is there in the doctor's room everytime. Comes in and plays a good match and then goes back to his medical seat. It is not about the support , it is only about the quality and mentality of the team. Torres excels well only with a support striker and surprisingly Ferrando does not let Salva play from the start.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brs said:
All due to lack of quality in the wings. The right wing is very weak and we need a quality signing who can deliver it consistently every week. Our playmaker Ibagaza is there in the doctor's room everytime. Comes in and plays a good match and then goes back to his medical seat. It is not about the support , it is only about the quality and mentality of the team. Torres excels well only with a support striker and surprisingly Ferrando does not let Salva play from the start.
Well, it seems that Gonkjaer is going to sign today, so they reinforce the right wing... atlhough I don't know if this is enough. Also the DM seems very week, there's no a good DM who can play properly the ball.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,665 Posts
Gronkjaer a reinforcment? I doubt it, but hey, he makes the squad bigger though.;) The defence looks pretty solid (don't like Franco though) with Perea being a real bargin, but you need to improve with atleast one new winger a solid DM and someone who partner Torres up front. It's shame that you didn't snatch Tevez and Ibagaza's problems with injurys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,891 Posts
Gronkjaer will be an improvement over the people we have for the right midfield. Novo never did anything there and Jorge sucks big time ....

DM is not the problem..Luccin is back from injury and once he finds some form, should be good and Sosa & Colsa are pretty ok.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Robban said:
Gronkjaer a reinforcment? I doubt it, but hey, he makes the squad bigger though.;) The defence looks pretty solid (don't like Franco though) with Perea being a real bargin, but you need to improve with atleast one new winger a solid DM and someone who partner Torres up front. It's shame that you didn't snatch Tevez and Ibagaza's problems with injurys.
Compared with what they have anything is a reinforcement. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,600 Posts
torres has reason........it is very good suprise to hear he say this things, he is very mature niow and want atleti to be best team in primera again !!

who this gronkjaer?!?!?! i want players like team of doblete in 96.......not one player with no name !!! best players in mercado only for big teams.....


aupa atleti !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,618 Posts
Gronkjaer would be a good signing, no doubt ... we just need a striker and a leftwinger and confidence and than THIS team is able to play under the TOP 4 !!!

No doubt we have great squad but we need luck and confidence!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,056 Posts
Guys, just FYI... Jesper is a left winger. He usually doesn't play well on the right although he did get a couple of cracking goals for Chelsea, the problem is I doubt he meant it.

I'd really like it if Owen doesn't start to get a starting place with Real, for him to go to Atletico on loan. I'd just love to see how defences cope with Torres and Owen running at them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,618 Posts
Well we also need a left winger ... so no problem on that ...

Topic Owen:

He won't come and noone wants him to come!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62,100 Posts
|-Husky-| said:
Topic Owen:

He won't come and noone wants him to come!
LOL

We don't even want him... take him! Take him I say!! :frustrat:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,618 Posts
No no no

We don't want to get your CRAP all the time ...

We took Rodrigo that must be enough ffor the next 5 years!

KEEP you Owen ... sell a few jersys and get a few pressarticles ... BUT PLEASE don't let him into the Calderón!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
No more loans, specially from el trampas.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top