Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I doubt he is highly rated on here.

In the past few months particulalry for big games, Fernando has been deployed in the holding rold just in front of the defence in favour of his usual RB position. The trasformation has been amazing.

I was one of many Rangers fans who wanted him out at times but he wasn't the problem it was D!ck Advocaat.

He has been awesome in the last two games against Celtic marking Lubo Moravcik and Stilian Petrov out of the games completely.

Everything has transformed at Rangers since our exit to Feyenoord so don't read anything into that game.

Even Bert Konterman has improved playing in midfield(As far away from defence as possible) ;)

I think Ricksen could and should become a regular in the Oranje side.

Before you comment if possible try and watch a video of the Scottish FA Cup Final. You'll see exactly what a good player fernando is turning into.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I've always thought of Ricksen as a great player, and I was therefor a bit surprised of reports (at the time of the Feyenoord game) how disliked he was at Rangers by the fans. But I'm glad to see it's turned out OK. I don't know about Ricksen becoming a regular in Oranje, we have better players on each position he can play.

OT;What's this thing with Rangers players and how they think it was not a fair result against Feyenoord. We were far better over the two legs. I suggest you rewatch the games and then try to give an objective opinion. If you stick with your opinion OK, but I cannot imagine.

BTW: I wasn't that familiar with Lovenkrands before, but he's truely a terrific player. Do you know if he's a starter in the Danish line-up?

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have watched both legs twice & highlights too, both free-kicks in the De Kuip were blatant attempts to con the ref and they worked so good on you. But if the ref had been smart it would have been Rangers v PSV. This is an old argument now but all I can say is any team who can beat Inter over 2 legs deserves to hold the trophy.

Lovenkrands SHOULD be a starter however hye has only just become a regular at Ibrox in the last 5 months so he has only just been called up to the NT.

He will start at the WC I think and opposition should watch out as I doubt they know much about him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts