Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is happening with Fernando Navarro? Does he play for Barça B or does he just sit on the bench every game? He played a whopping total of 2 league matches this season! He's a left back right? Well with Gio and Sylvinho in front of him, how is he supposed to prove himself? I used to think he was pretty good, but now I don't know how he plays anymore :( What will become of him? He is 22 years old btw.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Yes, he's a LB, although he played a match against Shakhtar as CD, if I'm not wrong. He doesn't play for the B team anymore, he's always in the convocatories. The last thing that I know is that Mallorca wanted him on loan last winter, but Rijkaard didn't want to let him go, due to our injuries. I don't know what is going to happen with him next season.

The problem is that he's a typical LB, he doesn't attack as much as Rijkaard wants from the full backs.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Van Gall had full faith in him with his second stint in charge, putting him in a lot of games wit a three man defence Puyol-------- F. De Boer --------- Navarro

The guy wont feature much and i guess he'll move on in the summer, hes a great professional tho, u can see hid delight and joy when the team scores and wins games from the bench

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm getting a bit tired of the loans. Barcelona should just sell. Make some profit.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
He can function as either a left back or centre half. IMO he looked pretty good in the past and I felt he was alright going forward. A bit strange he doesn't figure a bit more or that we haven't loaned him.

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
he was injured, and then loaned to Albacete last season, and he did good with them if I'm not mistaken, and we just got him back as back up for our 2 LB Gio and Sylvinho, and I think we should give him a chance to play, and he isn't that bad as a LB.

either we give him a chance to play, or sell him out, no more loans.

Visca el Barca :strong:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I saw him with Albacete and he's not that good anymore. After the long term injury, I think he was a year injured, he's not been the same. I had confidence in him before but now I don't think he has much to offer in Barça. It's sad because it is all for an injury.

·
Registered
564 Posts
NAVARRO is not suitable for barca..........
he is very weak and when i see him i remember some old bad days :skull:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Couldn't break into the Albacete team, so I don't think he will ever sustain a first team poistion with Barca, except if he develops tremendously in the coming months, and we now that won't happen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts