Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my opinion, he is underrated by most other than Madrid supporters. Was a great marker, penalty-taker, great leader & had a great header.
Although he played for RM, I have tremendous respect for him. How does he compare with the likes of Nesta et al?

In my opinion, he was better than Cannavaro, Desailly, Stam, Thuram (as a CB) & just below the level of Nesta. What do you think?

·
Administrator
53,557 Posts
Saying he is underrated in the same post as you saying he was better then brilliant defenders like Canna, Thuram and et al, doesnt make inzy bit of sense.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I think this is a very controversial opinion.:) For instance, it easily can be argued that Thuram and Cannaro are better players than Nesta, they'll be remembered as such for sure...

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
People tend to remember him by his last two seasons in which he looked totally lost out there with the occasional good game or two but the fact of the matter is that he's probably Real Madrid's best defender ever and was a rock in the back in his day. Not only that but his distribution from the back was just brilliant and scored plenty of goals (was the leading NT scorer for years before Raul took over) and his leadership was tremendous, a damn shame in the manner Florentino kicked him out of the club after all what he did for us. He deserved way better.

I miss those fights he had with Rivaldo :proud:

·
Administrator
53,557 Posts
Anyone saying he was better then Nesta is a frigging lunatic. Which means you ampersand.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
He can be compared to Nesta since he is a CB,but this guy was different.He played in game building role from behind as CB/DM and had a great mentality making his players work their socks off for him.

He did FKs.Penalties,shoots and basically was the leader on the pitch.A bit like Roy Keane.

Nesta is defo a better defender than a lot of defenders out there but Hierro was more than just that.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
If only he'd replicated his Bolton form for Real Marid he'd be considered a true great.
Campo and Hierro only really shone in the true footballing atmosphere of the pantheon that is the Reebok. :proud:

Raul and Guti will be next I imagine.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Looking arrogant is even easier for you Cacini.
Anyway i've seen them and can think in perspective. Thuram had a better career than Nesta, sorry if you dont like it.
No need to apologize.

My point is this: I'm not saying it's impossible to argue it, it is. But it can be done 'easily'? No, son. It'd have to be the most impressive argument of your life to convince me.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
No need to apologize.

My point is this: I'm not saying it's impossible to argue it, it is. But it can be done 'easily'? No, son. It'd have to be the most impressive argument of your life to convince me.
There is no need to convince you at all, as your individual opinion doesnt matter, just like mine, there is no written dogma somewhere that "Nesta>Thuram" which i have to disprove for you. And i'm talking about the mass opinion in the future and for that we need a little time to decide if im right.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
There is no need to convince you at all, as your individual opinion doesnt matter, just like mine, there is no written dogma somewhere that "Nesta>Thuram" which i have to disprove for you. And i'm talking about the mass opinion in the future and for that we need a little time to decide if im right.
Fine. Then until further notice, let's just agree that I'm right and you're not. Let me know what that changes.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.