Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talk about rapidly changing your mind! Last week he was all happy and everyone was talking about that he is definitely staying...

But now after today's loss he says he's had it. The fans cursed him and threw some lolypops at his direction during the game. And he is very pissed with the management too, he wants to bring in a complete french training staff for next year and they don't like the idea at all.

So looks like the **** is out, I can't say I am unhappy. The results overall are good but most coaches would pull the same out of this amazingly well financed squad. Bring Uri!

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
I always said that Israeli fans don´t have patience with their own team, but i must admit that Fernandez hasn´t shown anything special this season and if it wasn´t for the Beitar players skills they wouldn´t be in a better position. His sometimes arrogant attitude makes his image get lower with the fans. It will be better for Beitar if he leaves IMO, the only issue is to see how the foreign players will react dpecially Leroy, Fernandes and Aganzo.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I'll agree that the guy is completely nuts, but the fans are being very unfair towards him. One day they love him the next they they curse him and France....theres no patience! Every Israeli fan wants their team to win win win and never lose ever, but there is no such thing.....no matter where you go in Europe every team (even Chelski) must lose.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
The guy was bad news from the start. He can go to Spain and lick himself for all i care. The man came from Qatar and even in Qatar where he should have been a superstar...he managed the team really poorly. He even punched that Iraqi player for no reason.

Lets just let him go. The guy came in the wrong foot and we'll leave in the wrong foot.
He and Gadymak have to understand that you cannot have a team with 100% foreign players. You gotta scout domesticly and also find the right foreigners.... Afek is a problem..so why keep him? Frankly we need to exapnd and see where we can find great israeli players hopefully :)

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
kingboris2 said:
I always thought he was overrated, he didn't do a better job than canaan
i agree. And with only 5 games in charge Beitar played attractive football thing that Fernandez didn´t manage to do and Caanen had the fans respect even being a not very known manager.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
berko said:
i agree. And with only 5 games in charge Beitar played attractive football thing that Fernandez didn´t manage to do and Caanen had the fans respect even being a not very known manager.

Caanen never had credentials, but had the love of the fans.
If i were arkady i would have brought him back to Beitar!
He really did alot of good rather than harm....

But he was a little fish in a pond with big fishes who really didnt even see him, let alone ate him up...

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Kappa21 said:
Caanen never had credentials, but had the love of the fans.
If i were arkady i would have brought him back to Beitar!
He really did alot of good rather than harm....

But he was a little fish in a pond with big fishes who really didnt even see him, let alone ate him up...
He was doing fine in Beitar and it would be better to keep him there instead of getting Fernandez which was actually a marketing reason for Gaidamek to put him there. But now it seems that with the statement that Fernadez won´t continue, Shum and Grant are back on picture and serious options to sign with Beitar.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like this was just a weak excuse, apparently the real reason behind this is some demands the management refuses to give, and we all know that there have been several clashes in past and present between Sheklar and the 'French group' which is basically Salmon and Fernandez.

There are some rumours Fernandez is headed back to PSG so maybe this is his way of making his way out possible.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW the rumours have began and there are talks about us wanting Grant. Another funny rumour claimed that if Grant comes he'll bring Avi Nimni back to Beitar with him.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
BTW the rumours have began and there are talks about us wanting Grant. Another funny rumour claimed that if Grant comes he'll bring Avi Nimni back to Beitar with him.
yea, i was watching shidur yashir with that guy Einstien, and he was talking to the agent of Avi Nimny and it seemd like it was true, but both played it down.

Frankly, i dont want to see Nimny in Beitar. He is not good anymore.. Him and Berkovic are really sucks, though Berkovic scored today, which is good to see....

They both need to go to teams like nazrit illit and hapoel kfar saba where they might be needed...

But Grant might be a good call. Though i really want to see Shum in Beitar. He would do a better job and atleast stop the row between 2 camps on one football club

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Kappa21 said:
yea, i was watching shidur yashir with that guy Einstien, and he was talking to the agent of Avi Nimny and it seemd like it was true, but both played it down.

Frankly, i dont want to see Nimny in Beitar. He is not good anymore.. Him and Berkovic are really sucks, though Berkovic scored today, which is good to see....

They both need to go to teams like nazrit illit and hapoel kfar saba where they might be needed...

But Grant might be a good call. Though i really want to see Shum in Beitar. He would do a better job and atleast stop the row between 2 camps on one football club
Nimni at Beitar? Unlikely. He is near to end his career and he will do it at Maccabi Tel Aviv, also Loni is in trouble with the fans and releasing Nimni would cause him serious problems. Also he has past his best form and Beitar has good midfielders.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
berko said:
Nimni at Beitar? Unlikely. He is near to end his career and he will do it at Maccabi Tel Aviv, also Loni is in trouble with the fans and releasing Nimni would cause him serious problems. Also he has past his best form and Beitar has good midfielders.

Loni needs to finish up with MTA. Honestly.
He wants to leave, and he wants to wait til he makes the ultimate amount for the team..

its like u sell a property. Its not what the real estate says..it was what the person buying the house wants...
and weather he want 20,000 or 20,000,000 will have to be resolved immedaitely...

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Nimni won't be at Beitar, and he said it today after the Haifa-MTA game. Him and Loni were both in the studio and Loni said Nimni is welcome for another season and Nimni says he always prefers MTA, its his club.

Now here's the problem at Beitar. You have a manager who is crazy, and doesn't seem to be happy with anything. he believes that solely with 4 or 5 good foreigners he can take this team to Europe and actually succeed....thats a terrible mistake. Then you have Gaidamak and the fans which are constantly getting on his back requesting result result result a second after the guy game to the club. Fans want results and Gaidamak believes that if he throws money at Fernandez then it guarantees success......Fernandez does not seem like a good manager, and i don't know if PSG would want him back (they aren't doing too well but i don't think they're so desperate that they have to call him back). Someone needs to realize that all the money that Gaidamak is giving the club needs to go to building a strong youth club. Look at how many domestic players Beitar tried to get or atleast thought of getting, but they couldn't get them because most of those players were playing at Haifa and Haifa isn't willing to let go of these players (and if they are theyd let dem go to europe)

as for Grant, he doesn't fit Beitar! I hate that guy....just look at him, he looks like an overgrown retard who doesn't know how to speak. He's too defensive and i want to see Beitar attack with the skilled attackers they have, if they have 2 good strikers like Aganzo and Asulin and he plays a 4-5-1......then what the hell will happen with either strikers? This will be a disasters

1 - 15 of 15 Posts