Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's better?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Must be all on par :undecide:
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Wenger is the best of course, he has spent less than Tottenham and most other clubs in the top half since he has been here and is still competiting well.

can the other two say that ? I think not, in fact i know not. :pp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So in your opinion Wenger wins hands down :stuckup: Who would deserve 2nd position and why? :undecide:
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Ferguson is 2nd so far because he's won many titles.

I think Mourinho is still behind Curbs and others til he wins his 1st title at least.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jern Lizardhous said:
I think Mourinho is still behind Curbs and others til he wins his 1st title at least.
Will that be this year? Could he possibly win CL too :undecide:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Why is Wenger the best?! Everyone goes on around saying he's spent less, but don't forget that when Fergie came to Old Trafford, he hardly had much to spend. He earned all that transfer fund due to the recongnition the club gained and the finances they got AFTER the initial success and league titles. THe base of his team then later on was from the youth team. Beckham,Scholes,Giggs,Gary Neville, Butt. Then later on thanks to just a lil good marketing UNited's finances grew.
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
zainali said:
Why is Wenger the best?! Everyone goes on around saying he's spent less, but don't forget that when Fergie came to Old Trafford, he hardly had much to spend. He earned all that transfer fund due to the recongnition the club gained and the finances they got AFTER the initial success and league titles. THe base of his team then later on was from the youth team. Beckham,Scholes,Giggs,Gary Neville, Butt. Then later on thanks to just a lil good marketing UNited's finances grew.
well he broke the British transfer record for Keane and Pallister in his first few seasons so he must have had a bit to spend, he also laid out a fortune on others like Choko and Parker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So it appears that not everbody agrees that Wenger is the best :undecide:
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Diavolo said:
So it appears that not everbody agrees that Wenger is the best :undecide:
of course they do, it's just that some try to create illusions because they prefer to be blind. :thmbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jern Lizardhous said:
of course they do, it's just that some try to create illusions because they prefer to be blind. :thmbup:
Are you kidding me or is it true :stuckup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
well he broke the British transfer record for Keane and Pallister in his first few seasons so he must have had a bit to spend, he also laid out a fortune on others like Choko and Parker.

But then again, there was only a difference of what a few thousands of pounds during that time's transfer records.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,099 Posts
Domestically - Ferguson (8 league titles from 12)
European-wise - Mourinho (both Fergie and Wenger have massively underachieved in europe)
Style Of Play - Wenger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,223 Posts
Why is Wenger the best?! Everyone goes on around saying he's spent less, but don't forget that when Fergie came to Old Trafford, he hardly had much to spend.
And thats why he was on the verge of being sacked for being cack and couldn't take his side above a City team comprised of mostly youth players...

...THEN he was given money.

~ The Green :rolleyes:ne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Should a team need a trainer to start everything from scratch, who is the better option?
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
zainali said:
But then again, there was only a difference of what a few thousands of pounds during that time's transfer records.
few thousand was a lot of money them, Fergie was always the big spender with Liverpool and then Blackburn, what Wenger has done with the budget at Arsenal is similar to taking Villa to three titles. :thmbup:
 
1 - 20 of 118 Posts
Top