Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Darth Maul
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sir Alex Ferguson last night admitted that he has tried to sign Luis Figo - the Portuguese star, who could wreck England's European Championship dreams.

Kevin Keegan's dismal outfit go into action against the fabulous Figo in their opening match

And after the near disaster in Malta - Fergie's warning will send shivers down theirs and a nation's spine.

The Manchester United boss admitted: "I have sounded out the possibilities but have concluded that a move doesn't look feasible.

"Players in Spain have powerful buy-out contacts written into their contracts. Our understanding is that with Figo the sum involved is £40m (€64m).In practice, because of that clause, it would be impossible to construct a deal.

"But that doesn't lessen my excitement over what he can bring to the game, or my concern the damage he can do to England if he is not dealt with as a very special menace,” he added.

"He has a knack for holding the ball and seeking to beat a man.

"But he must never be left on a one on one situation. Nobody I have seen recently is better able to cause havoc among defences."

Keegan will be deeply aware that the deadly Figo threat will have to be handled by wrong-sided Phil Neville or Aston Villa rookie Gareth Barry.

------------------
Glory Glory MAN UTD
My MUFC Site : www.www.manutd.4ever.cc
My E-Mail : [email protected]

·
Registered
662 Posts
Yea I highly doubt that Figo will come to United...this summer anyway. But it is certainly an exciting proposition to think about.
Yea and I can see him scoring to eliminate England from Euro 2000. :p

------------------
-=KilledInAction=-

1 - 2 of 2 Posts