Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fergie: Season starts now

Sir Alex Ferguson is looking on the festive period as the end of the beginning as his Manchester United side gear themselves up for their long run at Premiership glory.

Throughout his managerial career Ferguson has always maintained it is only when the new year arrives that you can really tell who will be involved in the title shake-up.

The Scot will not be revising his opinion this year, meaning the Red Devils must maintain their recent impressive form over the four-match Christmas programme to ensure they are in a position to apply pressure on top two Chelsea and Arsenal when the action really starts to hot up later in the season.

"I don't regard Christmas at the peak of our season but it is the start of the run-in," he said.

"I have always looked upon it as an important time because by the time we get to the new year, we will have a far better idea of who is going to be challenging. The pleasing thing from our perspective is that we are hitting form at the right time.

"What we have to do is maintain that through the period we are going into now, right up until we play Tottenham on January 4.

"After that, we have an FA Cup game, so that is an ideal time to assess where we are and how the whole league is looking. Hopefully, we will be right on the leaders' tails."

Despite being nine points adrift of Chelsea at present, history suggests United can claw most of the deficit back over the second half of the campaign.

However, with Jose Mourinho's men not showing any sign of slipping up so far, it could take a lengthy winning run to pull the Red Devils back within touching distance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://itv-football.co.uk/Teams/Manchester_United/story_138142.shtml
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

for me its total Crap !

I support manutd ...and I know he is in trouble that’s why he is playing with us! :broken:

I used to respect this man before ,, but after purchasing Djemba Djemba ! No man he is a coach not a businessman like wenger ! :thmbdown:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts