Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Yup read the report meself.Fergie's qouted saying that we are looking at 2 or 3 players in the WC which is good news.:)

However I don't think we'll be getting the Lazio captain.If he does leave,then Juve or even Real's got a better chance of getting him.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I agree...true, very true......

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
He hasnt shown interest in moving anywhere, but Lazio opened an "Auction" on Nesta.

The price is 37.5 million sterilng,

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Well, there are many great strikers in the world. Same with midfielders. There are very few defenders of qualities nesta has. ;)

He's the most precious asset, Captain of the team, Born Laziali. If you ask me that price is way to low;)

Who really wants him, will pay the price.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For that money we could buy 2-3 class players... or (almost) 2 top defenders... Rio Ferdinand-Ayala or Thuram-Ayala... I certainly like the thought of Rio Ferdinand (23)-Ayala (29) alot more than only Nesta... Luckily the chances are small to get Nesta anyway, but I certainly hope Fergie isn't doing anything stupid and splashing out 30-40 mil for Nesta!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I dont agree that he worth that much as well, but he is the best defender and he is only 26 yrs of age.

If you really want to know what teams are offering, here some examples.

Juve has offered 19 mill pounds plus Davids and Zambrotta.:eek:
Juve has offered 30 mill pounds plus Zalayeta and Brighi, two young stars of italian football. Brighi was one of the best midfielders in italy this season.
Inter have 20 mill pounds plus Materazzi, which is a lot.

So, if Fergie is looking at Nesta, he should be expecting to pay a lot of cash and you can forget about other summer signings because as you know, man u do not liek to spend too much on players.

I would like to think that Fergie would go the smart option and buy say Ayala and Rio, or even Thuram. You have the defence to fix, not just one centre back.

btw, i thought Thuram had agreed already to join Man U.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
That is the thing:)

Any of the teams interested could buy two excellent defenders for that money.

Secondly, there is no guarantee that Nesta in ManU or any other team will be the same player that he is for Lazio;)

RE the price. Nesta is one of the "stars" that no matter what price you pay for him, it always pay off having him in the team. Did you hear Real complaining about the price they paid for Figo or Zidane, Lazio for Crespo, Inter for Vieri? There are exceptions (like Mandietta to Lazio) but financialy, these were all good deals. These players bring money to the team.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Ayala's the cheapest of the three mentioned above and was the best player among those three last season.:eek:I'd definitely want him to come over to United next season if possible.

Nesta would cost an astronomical amount of money and we need a couple of defenders rather than just one .So bring on Thuram and Ayala while Nesta can stay on at his beloved Lazio.;)

·
International
9,526 Posts
From what I saw in the France - Senegal game, Thuram looks past it. He was up field trying to attack, when the Senegalese countered. He didn't ever look likely to get back and cover. He didn't impress me much, mind you, the entire French team failed to impress really.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
well, why cant you just go for Ayala and say Rio.

Leave Thuram alone, so juve can have nesta, thuram, montero, tudor, iuliano and maybe even cannavaro next season :D

nah, all seriousness now, i cant see nesta join man u. he doesnt want to leave and go to england, so he has stated. and i think the only way you can get him is if Veron is in the deal, plus cash. although lazio owe man u money still from stam.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I think that we will only buy one defender because i can see Blanc signing a new contract (still undecided whether this is good or bad) and it will probably be Ayala which will do me just fine.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK, never mind, I just watched Nesta and although he didn't get the chance to do too much, he's definitely the complete defender. Good on the ball, tall (1.88), fast, strong, good positional sense, sign this bastard for 37 mil. ;)
j/k, but he is good, I must admit that. Totally different class compared to Rio Ferdinand and co.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
He's worth the money;)

His mistakes are extremly rare, but when he makes a mistake, it's a goal for the opponent;) That tells you something about his importance in the team.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
No defender is worth 37million.

Bring in Alaya and Thuram, Nesta is an Italian. Italians are expensive. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts