Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local press are touting Gareth Barry to be a long term solution to solving United's problems at the back. Gregory, however, may have different ideas. Barry has just signed a five year contract with Villa and Gregory is not keen on losing a third star to Man U (following the Yorke and Bosnich switches over the past two years.)
After supposedly missing out (for the moment anyway) on Sol Campbell and most likely Marcel Desailly too, Frank De Boer looks an attractive proposition, especially considering his international appearances with United's very own Dutch hardman, Jaap Stam.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I do think Gregory would be pissed if he lost another of his main players to Man Utd and I'm doubtful that about how well he could fit in considering his young age. Frank De Boer seems like a good buy, but if you think in age terms, we wouldn't know how long he'd last. It is an interesting prospect though to see how well Stam and De Boer would work together at the heart of United's defence, as I see it as the main problem for United as well as the goal-keeping merry-go-round. Hopefully that's over with Barthez at United now! Let's just wait and see!

Glory Glory Man Utd!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts