Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Fener fans,

Is it true that Fenerbahce have over 25 million fans in Turkey? I visited Istanbul once and I saw nowt but Fener jerseys everywhere (not a single sight of Gala / Besiktas fans :D

When I asked a Fener fan about it, he simply replied: We are the people's club! ;)

Your views please :)

p.s. What is your position in the Turkish league right now?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Don't forget there dedicated internatioal fan base whom are made up of mostly turkish nationalist as well as people like me :D

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Welcome to the forum, BerberPride:)

Right now, we are in second place in the Turkish League, and we will qualify to play in the Champions League.:)

I think that it is possible that we could have 25 million casual fans in Turkey. Almost everyone supports one of the big three teams, and as far as I can tell, we are a bit popular than Besiktas, and we were more popular than Gala, at least until they won the UEFA Cup:rolleyes: :D.

So I think it could be possible. And I know we have gained some popularity because of all of the international players we have;)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
In turkish Soccer history.........do Gala, Bestikas and Fener usually win????

It kinda sounds a little redundant, but somehow, you look at teams and you say yourself, "man, they won more leauge championship than your own age!!!!" :)

The only place i would say that a team never won so much is in the FRENCH LEAUGES! I hate them alot, and i have only 1 team that i like, but holy molly....no one is better than anyone there.

Same with the Italian leauges in perspective. I gurantee you when Batistuta and the fooker mr. Totti leave ROMA, there nothing! :) there gonna get relegated like Fiorentina! :crazy:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Yes, Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, and Besiktas are the three most successful teams in the Turkish League. They have all been victorious many times.

But I don't think Fener will have more titles than my age....but we are close:D

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
remember, Bestikas lost to HAPOEL TEL AVIV in this year UEFA Run :)

hopefully, as a sign of repsect......the Fener fans woed us, instead of them! :)

What is the biggest stadium in Turkey?

·
Registered
336 Posts
surprisingly kappa the biggest stadium's don't belong to the big three clubs,

there's the new olympic stadium in istanbul which seats about 80,000?? i think, is this one completed yet people?

then there's the previous biggest one in turkey, it's in izmir!?!? why izmir i don't know! it's around 70,000 capacity.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Fenerbahce_2000,

Surprisngly enough, the top 3 biggest teams in Israel don't have the biggest stadiums in Israel. :( I think Turkey is just like Israel.

Our biggest stadium to date is the Ramat Gan Stadium, which can house about 52,000 people. That stadium is our National Stadium and is for Friendly, Euro's and World Cup Games. Although, one of the biggest teams in Israel which is Maccabi Tel Aviv, once used it, but not anymore, since the cost was high and the show-up's of fans were low.

Other than that, Hapoel's Tel Aviv stadium is the Bloomfeild stadium which is in Yaffo (a municipal of Tel Aviv) and that can house around 20,000 people as well. And yet, this is a very old stadium in deed, it was built around 1956, by some Canadian guy! :)

Than you have Maccabi Haifa's Stadium that is North in Israel which is also very old, and that can house around 19,000 people. It is very similar and alike to the one that is used by Hapoel, though it is in the north.

Lastly, we have the Teddy Stadium in Jerusalem. This has the Capacity of 23,000 and is one of the newer stadiums in Israel. It was finished in 1991, with only 15,000 seats. and now there in the talks to renovate the stadium again and make it into a 45,000 seater. Hopefully even make Teddy stadium, which is in Jersualem, israels capital....the NT stadium....

Also; Israel, like Istanbul was betting on the olympics. They hoped to get it in 2014 or 16....And if people took israel seriously than we would renovate virtually all of our stadiums including our biggest one from a 52,000 to maybe a 100,000 at the most! :)

but thats a long shot away.

In brief; Israel is not the best place for Stadiums. Unlike other places like Holland, Belgium, France and Germany. Israel doesn't really care much for the Stadiums. But if you want to talk sports arenas talk to Huseyn player who plays for Maccabi Tel Aviv basketball... He says that the Arena in which Maccabi plays is SO professional that, it is like playing in the NBA :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Damn, Riza I never knew that:eekani:

Thanks for the info:)

·
Registered
201 Posts
fenerbahce_2000 said:

there's the new olympic stadium in istanbul which seats about 80,000?? i think, is this one completed yet people?

then there's the previous biggest one in turkey, it's in izmir!?!? why izmir i don't know! it's around 70,000 capacity.
IZMIR ATATURK STADIUM was built to host 1970 Mediterranean games in Turkey. When Karsiyaka was in super league, it was used to host Istanbul teams due to large fan base of Istanbul teams. Also Goztepe and Altay (other Izmir teams) rarely use it.
It used to be 80,000 capacity before they installed seats. Now it is down to 70,000 with regular seats. World record for highest attendence for a 2. league belongs to Karsiyaka. Karsiyaka hosted Goztepe back in 1980 and that game created 80,000+ attendence. (Game ended 0-0:depress: :depress: :depress: )
Usually noone likes that stadium because you have to rip your :ass: to sing songs. It is too big.

·
Registered
201 Posts
fenerbahce_2000 said:

Since this is a Fener forum, I will be glad to inform you guys that, record in Turkey for attendence belongs to Karsiyaka with Fenerbahce game with 69,000 also. There is no game else close to this attendence. (Do not get confused with ticket income record, it is paid attendence record.) 2. Record also belongs to Karsiyaka - Fenerbahce with 67,000. Both from Ataturk stadium.
Reklamlari izlediniz,hoscakalin :D :D :D

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Thanks for the post:) I never knew all of this Turkish stadium trivia:D

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Since this is a Fener forum, I will be glad to inform you guys that, record in Turkey for attendence belongs to Karsiyaka with Fenerbahce game with 69,000 also. There is no game else close to this attendence. (Do not get confused with ticket income record, it is paid attendence record.) 2. Record also belongs to Karsiyaka - Fenerbahce with 67,000. Both from Ataturk stadium.
I remember that game, we won 7-2.:tongue:

Sorry for KSK, but that season we were beating everyone like that:cool:

·
*the drum drum*
43,000 Posts
Kappa18 said:
In turkish Soccer history.........do Gala, Bestikas and Fener usually win????
These 3 clubs have the most championships, but Trabzonspor has won a few too ;)
They where a very good side during the late 70's and 80's :)

Other than these 4 teams, no club has ever won the League Title :eek:
The unfortunete thing about this is that I don't think I'll live to see any other teams win the championship :rolleyes:

BTW, Fener's stadium is among the biggest now that it is 62 000 capacity ;) Well, soon to be 62 000 :D

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
thats odd.

In israel, we also have the same, but in Israel many other teams have one as well. I know that there are some teams in the Premier leauge that still needs to win a state cup or a leauge cup, but....a majority one.

THe most wins came from Maccabi Tel Aviv who have the most wins ever. So many wins that i think the 50's or 60's belond to them... 10 wins in a row, i think.

Than there is Hapoel Tel Aviv, which were good.

Maccabi Haifa had there stint in the 1960's, lost it, got it at the end of 1970's, lost it, and maintainted in the 1980s and 1990s. They were one of the most lethal teams to ever come out of Israel. Revivo played there once and so did Berkovic and they were both on the same roster, that was one FREAKIN' NASTY ROSTER...... No one harldy ever scored on them :(

Then Beitar Jerusalem came. There good, but they fell and also there city rivals had also a couple of wins! :)

what i can say is that ALL OF THE TEL AVIV AREA SOCCER CLUBS (MAJOR ONES) have won something in the past ;)
EVEN SHIMSON/BEITAR TEL AVIV! THIS TEAM WAS SOOO GOOD..BACK IN THE 1940's-1960's, after they fell :(

they even won a AFC CUP (EQUIVALENT TO A UEFA CUP)!!!!!!!!! :)

ISRAELI SOCCER HAS ITS WAYS!!

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Yeah, that really is incredible, isn't it Tolga?:eek:

I wonder which team has the best shot to break the streak...either Antep or Gencler maybe?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Aragon said:

I remember that game, we won 7-2.:tongue:

Sorry for KSK, but that season we were beating everyone like that:cool:
Well, I do not remember that game, I had severe memory loss for that day :D All I can remember is Yilmaz Vural :eek: :eek: was our coach. And you know what happens if Yilmaz Vural coaches. :skull: That team basically turn their :ass: and let everybody in :D :D :D

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
All I can remember is Yilmaz Vural was our coach. And you know what happens if Yilmaz Vural coaches. That team basically turn their and let everybody in
That guy is amazing. I don't know which team he's working with rigt now. All I know is he worked most of the teams in the superleague and many teams in the first division:tongue:

He couldn't finish the season with the team he started:D

He somehow has an adrenalin effect on the teams, when he starts working with a team, team starts winning consistently for 3-4 weeks, then the magic disappears;)

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts