Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this would be a good place to discuss the performance of current and potential Fenerbahce players participating in Euro 2008. It will be interesting to see if these players help or hurt themselves for next season by the end...

Just copy/past the part below to build a cumulative scorecard.

Cumulative ratings after round 1:
Volkan - 8
Aurelio - 7
Kazim - 6
Semih - 6
Tumer - DNP
Ugur Boral- DNP

Potential Fenerlis:
Emre - 5
Melvut - 5
...more to come

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Volkan has redeemed himself after years of humiliation and in my eyes he is already a world class keeper - 9
Aurelio - 7 - He did run his ass off and try his best, even though he commits way to many fouls.
Kazim - 5 - He has potential as he shows glimpses of it at the Euros. But he played crap offensively ad didn't even play defensively.
Emre - 6 - He played good considering he has been on the bench for almost an entire season.

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
I think we should bench tuncay play arda and keep kazim on for our match vs switzerland, kazim was the only person on the field with a creative spark and actually crossed a few decent balls into the box...

I don't know why everyone is being so hard on him

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
I'm still curious why Kazim got a bad rep among everybody in this first game. If anything he was the only spark that got anything going. At least he got me to cheer after he made some moves, otherwise I was quietly sitting the whole time.

Volkan was fine in the first match. He made that incredible save on Ronaldo's free kick. Maybe he could've done better in terms of rushing out and charging the player on the 2nd goal, but realistically it was going to go in after a chance like that.

Aurelio held strong.

Emre was fine too, people are complaining about him as well. He was running back and battling for the ball on defense for godsake. As I said before, him and Aurelio paired up in the midfield for Fenerbahce will be great.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Kazim had some nice moves even my friend was like hey who is that kid he's not bad on the ball

·
*the drum drum*
42,883 Posts
Apparently Emre is thinking of doing 21 days of paid military service after Euro, which means he'd get that hassle out of the way but miss a chunk of the pre-season at Fenerbahçe.

I'm afraid we'll only see about 15 matches from him next season. But at this rate all I can say is it'd serve you f*ckers right :finger: to the board and it's 'honourable' president.

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
Maybe he could've done better in terms of rushing out and charging the player on the 2nd goal, but realistically it was going to go in after a chance like that.
volkan played that perfectly bro, he had it covered as best he possibly could, it was an impossible save to make, emre the idiot asik deflected it with his wreckless tackle. I'm willing to bet volkan makes the save there if that idiot doesn't deflect it in

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From Wednesday:
Volkan - 9
Aurelio - 7
Kazim - 5
Semih - 8 (How much longer is this guy considered an alternative, and not the choice?)
Tumer - 5 (Harsh pitch conditions made it impossible for him to be effective, hence the halftime substitution.)
Ugur Boral- DNP
Emre - DNP

Potential Fenerlis:
Melvut - DNP

Cumulative ratings after round 1:
Volkan - 9 (Becoming world class now that he seems to have gotten over the young ego thing.)
Aurelio - 7
Kazim - 5
Semih - 7
Tumer - 5
Ugur Boral- DNP
Emre - 5
Melvut - 5

·
*the drum drum*
42,883 Posts
Semih scored the goal and was the right choice for the conditions seeing as the ball had to be played off the ground, but he committed so many stupid fouls that I wouldn't give him too high a rating.

He killed a few attacks and gave the Swiss a free-kick or two in dangerous situations, and was lucky not to be booked. If conditions aren't wet, I'd definitely start with Nihat - Tuncay against the Czechs and keep Semih on the bench again.

Volkan's doing great, but I'm still waiting for him to make one incisive f*ck-up, he'll have to go a whole year without doing that to convince me :D And his two best saves were making up for his bad positioning as much as anything (Ronaldo's free-kick and Hakan's shot from the edge of the area) - both times he took a step in the wrong direction. Still great saves though.

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
semih is a wingers dream come true, his simple pass offs to hamit were so useful, he has great vision and is very affective even when he's not scoring...

I agree tho Tolga, I think we keep the super sub as a super sub.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah Volkan Ah!
Just when he was on the way to being one of the stars of this tournament, his idiot tendancies came to the surface! :rollani:

He's now go a 2 match ban, and a lifetime of a reputation to overcome...

To you room!

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Clearly there is some double standards going on. Why would Schweinsteiger only get a one match?

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Volkan looked more sexy with that short spiky hair (no homo)

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Forget "Semih for President"

....Semih for King of Europe!

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
who would have thought Semih, Ugur and Kazim all starting in the semi's of the European Championship. Ugur and Semih scoring. :proud:

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
**** the "world class forward" our board keeps talking about, Semih is our world class forward...

I don't want any striker in the world starting over Semih, not pato, not henry, not torres, NONE, **** them, Semih :proud:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts