Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan to be suprised...Roberto Carlos FK winning goal in final:pp

Forza and hail Fenerbahce

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Hopefully they upset Chelsea, but honestly, I can't see it. They won at home because of the fans, but in Stamford Bridge it will be a whole different story.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Damn you, Overclass, stop jinxing them!
Now Fener will be lucky to escape with 3:0 loss.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I hope Fener wins the CL. Back in Istanbul I lived a stonethrow away from the Fener stadium. Although I am not a fan by any means, I wish them well and they appeal to me more than the other clubs remaining in the CL.

An early goal at Stamford Bridge and then I don't see Chelsea get the needed result. If Chelsea scores first it's a different story, but I think as soon as Fener would score an early goal they're almost sure to go through.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
The first half yesteday was all Chelsea........Fenerbahce Midfield struggle a lot,chelsea could have made the second before ht.

Fenerbahce needs to score in England,if that happens the tie will go to the wire,till the last secs...extra time i guess.

·
Master Debater
20,955 Posts
Fener will take it on penalty kicks. Ballack will be the goat for the last PK miss.

You heard it here first.

·
Registered
67,692 Posts
Fener's a good team byt they won't match up well against Man United for example if the two were to meet in the final.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
Bravo Chester !!!!!!!! :jester:

(Maldonado for those that do not know Colo-Colo Fans Slang)

·
*the drum drum*
43,002 Posts
What I find most refreshing is that finally we have a Turkish team winning fans over rather than gathering haters as they progress.

Not that I've agreed with the notion, but in past it's usually been about the dirty, aggressive, lunatic Turks that people wanted to see losing. This time around we're hearing the words "refreshing", "positive", "attractive", "attacking", to go with people thoroughly enjoying their experiences in Turkey rather than talking about how they feared for their lives in the stadium or things along those lines.

I wonder if Tommy Smyth has jumped on the bandwagon yet after beating the team down into the dirt at the start of the season, I hope not.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
With the win last night, Fenerbahce have gone further than any Turkish team in the CL. Considering past performances in the European campaigns, Fenerbahce have done enough to permanently leave a mark in history. But wow, would it be amazing to have a trophy to show for all this! :happy:

And I couldn't agree more with what Seytan wrote - Perhaps more than the results, I'm proud of the way the Fenerbahce supporters have greeted visiting fans, shown a positive style to their approach to the game, and helped to erase the (sometimes unfair) stereotypes of Turkish stadiums, Turkish hooligans and Turkish football. :proud:

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
The atmosphere in their stadium was PHENOMENAL. For that alone I want to see them in the semi-finals playing against Barca in their own stadium. THAT'S what I call support.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
In the semis they'll play the winner of the Arsenal - Liverpool tie, I think.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
With the win last night, Fenerbahce have gone further than any Turkish team in the CL.
Didn't Galatasaray reach the semis once?

·
*the drum drum*
43,002 Posts
It's a technically correct and incorrect statement.

Galatasaray have made the semi-finals of the European Cup. Since the inception of the 'Champions' League' with it's new format and everything else, two teams have made quarter finals, Galatasaray in 2001 and Fenerbahce this season.

But he is correct in a way, because in it's current format Fenerbahce is the only team to make the quarter finals. Infact, the only Turkish team to win a tie in the knock-out stages (beating Sevilla). When Galatasaray made the quarter finals, the Champions' League was using the old system where there was two group stages (last 16 made 4 groups of 4).

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
It was indeed the EUROPA CUP I, in 1990.

We reached the quarterfinals by passing the group stages twice like Seytan mentioned, but we we're eliminated by a far stronger side, Real Madrid. We managed to beat them at home with 3-2 after we were 0-2 down thanks to our fans but we got trashed away with 3-0.

If fener would make it to the semi's, they would become the first turkish club that makes it of the semi's of CL. But it would be a HUGE suprise if fener would manage not to get beat in SB, Chelsea even managed to dominate most parts of the game in Istanbul, but in other hand fener showed some good football in away games too, just not against the teams that were of Chelsea's level.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts