Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if this is official, but if not, I think it is very close to being official. Fenerbahce have signed Gilberto, a midfielder who starts from time to time on the national team, including in the World Cup.

I think that this makes the Almeyda transfer less likely. His transfer fee has increased to 20 million dollars, while Gilberto was transferred for only 9 million.

I am not sure how we got him for this cheap, but somehow it happened.

He is a 25-year old defensive midfielder, who played for Athletico MG in Brazil last season:)

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Gilberto Silva hasn't been so impressive in the World Cup so far than many other Brazil players but definitely a great signing for Fener ;)

·
*the drum drum*
43,000 Posts
As soon as I heard the rumours about Gilberto, I watched him carefully...
He played average against both Belgium and England...But he did start, so he must be a top player ;)

Of all the Brazilian midfielders (excluding the obvious names) I've been most impressed with Kleberson when he comes on...

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have so many Brazilians now, and two of them are world-class (or near it):eekani:

All we need to do now is sign Kaka and/or Kleiberson and we can be the Brazilian league champs:D

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
I am not sure if this is official, but if not, I think it is very close to being official.
I won't believe if I don't see in official webpage;)

A Brazilian NT starter, why not?:cool:

·
*the drum drum*
43,000 Posts
Theres no 'official' link to the player as yet, but I think we are after him...

From what I've heard, Yildirim (or one of his workers) has recommended him to Lorant as a candidate for the midfield role with Johnson...And now Lorant is doing his research on the player :)

The advantages of getting Gilberto rather than Almeyda are:
-Gilberto is taller, stronger, and younger.
-Gilberto would cost around £4m, while Almeyda would cost around £10m+
-We wouldn't have to give Rapaic away for this transfer...So later on we could sell him for a profit :D

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
The advantages of getting Gilberto rather than Almeyda are:
-Gilberto is taller, stronger, and younger.
-Gilberto would cost around £4m, while Almeyda would cost around £10m+
-We wouldn't have to give Rapaic away for this transfer...So later on we could sell him for a profit
From what I've seen from 45 minutes of England game his style is similar to Okans.

I would definitely prefer him to Almeyda. Almeyda might be a great player, but he's not the last great player. He should know that;)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I read that Lorant gave up on Almeyda and he wants Gilberto. The papers say Fener has agreed with him and he will sign after the WC. Let me rephrase, the papers said "Lorant does not want Almeyda because of his unwillingness to come" so who knows maybe it could have happened, but I think Lorant made the right call.

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
, the papers said "Lorant does not want Almeyda because of his unwillingness to come" so who knows maybe it could have happened, but I think Lorant made the right call.
Totally agree:cool:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And with Gilberto instead of Almeyda, we will have one less guy who is obsessed with dribbling the ball;)

Maybe we can work out a transfer to send Rapaic to Brazil, in exchange for Gilberto:tongue: :D

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gilberto was really getting on Yildiray's nerves yesterday, in the match. He was playing mind games with him too, and Yildiray almost snapped at him.

I wonder if he is always like that. He could be useful at irritating the stars of other teams;)

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Gilberto was really getting on Yildiray's nerves yesterday, in the match. He was playing mind games with him too, and Yildiray almost snapped at him.
Just like Okan ha;)

·
*the drum drum*
43,000 Posts
He reminds me of Patrick Vieria :eek:
Strong, athletic, very hard tackler, and very good man marker...

And since he's in the Brazilian NT, he must be just as capable as Vieria ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
He's better than viera. he finished off beckham all throughout the game. he finished off yildiray and hasan. he's tall, strong, fast, quick, very athletic. i heard he scores with his club team AM. i wish we could sign him. but it's not the case anymore.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
renegade master said:
He's better than viera. he finished off beckham all throughout the game. he finished off yildiray and hasan. he's tall, strong, fast, quick, very athletic. i heard he scores with his club team AM. i wish we could sign him. but it's not the case anymore.
very funny saying hes better than vieira

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know if he is in that class yet, but he may be in the near future. he is a top defensive mid, the best in Brazil at 23, so if he progresses at a steady rate, he could definitely be one of the best in the business.

I hope he gets to show his talent with us. Where else has he been linked?

·
*the drum drum*
43,000 Posts
If you go by WC performances, he is definitely as good as Vieria...
He stopped the playmaker of each opposition team, and also held the midfield together in a way similar to how Dunga used too...

So far, I think only Valencia are our real rivals for his signiture...

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you go by WC performances, Ilhan is better than Trezigol:D
But I see your point, and hope that we can outbid Valencia.

I don't think he will come for 7 million dollars now though.

·
*the drum drum*
43,000 Posts
He probably will...
Its not a case of outbidding Valencia for the transfer fee, but rather a case of outbidding them with higher wages and bonuses...;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts