Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
It all depends on whether Selcuk and Caner are going to play - Bekir is given since Yobo is at AFCON - and whether Stoch and Krasic are benched.

Wysyłane z mojego HUAWEI U8815 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
I don't either. As discussed before, he is much much better than Stoch when it comes to tracking back and defending. And his performance earlier this season in the European games was pretty impressive.

But a game like this we should not have to defend too much, we should be attacking the whole game.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Imo it stems from his "failure" to settle in as a leftback at Galatasaray. Caner is a much better footballer then players as Selçuk Sahin. I really don't care for the term kazma, mainly because it gets overused. People call any player a kazma if they dislike him and/or if he did not live up to their initial unrealistic expectations.

Caner was a huge talent when he was at Manisaspor and went to Russia, then when he came back a lot of fanboys expected him to be something he's not. Further down the line he was missused in a -- for him -- unnatural position, just like Ugur Boral before him (who till this day still get's missused in that position at Besiktas, and gets a lot of hate for not being worldclass at it).

People need to learn the value of utility players, guys like Ekrem dag who can play in virtually any position on either wing are amazing to have in your team. He got hate from everyone though... friend and foe alike. Always shitting on him because he wasn't a great left/right back. Well duhu, the guy is just filling in the role because there's not better alternative.

These kind of players are of great value to any squad, they might not be the best backs out there but it sure as hell beats putting a slow CB there that has no idea how to stick to the line.

Ugur Boral, Caner Erkin, Ekrem Dag hell even Sabri... they're all players that have their uses. The problem is that fans have such unrealistic expectations of them just because they play for their club and therefore should be fantastic.. or whatever it is people think. I was always pleased with Ekrem and I'm sad when he left because I knew he was a very usefull player that always gave 100 %.

I have the same opinion on Ugur Boral now, people hate on him because of his defensive errors but what do you honestly expect from a Left Midfielder/Winger who's just playing there because the main LB is injured?

The only reason I feel people should be annoyed with these types of players is IF they are costing a talented youngster a spot in the first team. Sadly everyone thinks that players from their youth academy are talented... it's not because someone plays for Besiktas/Fenerbahçe/Galatasaray's youth team that they're the type of player who can handle the level required to play for such a club. 9/10 youngsters end up in an Anatolian club, most of the time not even in the Süper Lig. It's time that people realised that. For every talented player with the potential to play for the first eleven of their respected clubs you've got 20 guys that will at best be a sub for Mersin.

And this isn't just a Turkish thing, I mean, look at Ajax's youth team... so many players end up somewhere like Go Ahead Eagles or MVV or whatever... the main thing that players take away from their times at big club' youth academies is tactical training, technique training and all these things that they get thought at a young age. However you can't teach talent.. of course these guys have a basic amount of talent but that often gets severely exaggerated. I just used the example of Ajax to show that even if you've got great youth working, that doesn't mean every player ends up being a star. For every Muhammed Demirci there are 20 Mehmet Sedef's.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jesus Razzerian...

Im sure you have insightful posts, but i just can't be bothered to read your dissertations half the time. I must be getting old :moan:

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
He lives in boring Belgium, he has no life. That's why he writes an essay every single time he has something to say.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
The guy posts quality every single time. I guess I'm happy to read his posts cause I'm sick and tired of reading "selcuk sahin sucks" post after post lol.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Imo it stems from his "failure" to settle in as a leftback at Galatasaray. Caner is a much better footballer then players as Selçuk Sahin. I really don't care for the term kazma, mainly because it gets overused. People call any player a kazma if they dislike him and/or if he did not live up to their initial unrealistic expectations.

Caner was a huge talent when he was at Manisaspor and went to Russia, then when he came back a lot of fanboys expected him to be something he's not. Further down the line he was missused in a -- for him -- unnatural position, just like Ugur Boral before him (who till this day still get's missused in that position at Besiktas, and gets a lot of hate for not being worldclass at it).

People need to learn the value of utility players, guys like Ekrem dag who can play in virtually any position on either wing are amazing to have in your team. He got hate from everyone though... friend and foe alike. Always shitting on him because he wasn't a great left/right back. Well duhu, the guy is just filling in the role because there's not better alternative.

These kind of players are of great value to any squad, they might not be the best backs out there but it sure as hell beats putting a slow CB there that has no idea how to stick to the line.

Ugur Boral, Caner Erkin, Ekrem Dag hell even Sabri... they're all players that have their uses. The problem is that fans have such unrealistic expectations of them just because they play for their club and therefore should be fantastic.. or whatever it is people think. I was always pleased with Ekrem and I'm sad when he left because I knew he was a very usefull player that always gave 100 %.

I have the same opinion on Ugur Boral now, people hate on him because of his defensive errors but what do you honestly expect from a Left Midfielder/Winger who's just playing there because the main LB is injured?

The only reason I feel people should be annoyed with these types of players is IF they are costing a talented youngster a spot in the first team. Sadly everyone thinks that players from their youth academy are talented... it's not because someone plays for Besiktas/Fenerbahçe/Galatasaray's youth team that they're the type of player who can handle the level required to play for such a club. 9/10 youngsters end up in an Anatolian club, most of the time not even in the Süper Lig. It's time that people realised that. For every talented player with the potential to play for the first eleven of their respected clubs you've got 20 guys that will at best be a sub for Mersin.

And this isn't just a Turkish thing, I mean, look at Ajax's youth team... so many players end up somewhere like Go Ahead Eagles or MVV or whatever... the main thing that players take away from their times at big club' youth academies is tactical training, technique training and all these things that they get thought at a young age. However you can't teach talent.. of course these guys have a basic amount of talent but that often gets severely exaggerated. I just used the example of Ajax to show that even if you've got great youth working, that doesn't mean every player ends up being a star. For every Muhammed Demirci there are 20 Mehmet Sedef's.
This part I don't agree with. I expect a player to improve himself throughout the year or keep a certain standard. For example, Ugur Boral has had amazing games for FB. He had 1 game, I think vs Sivas?, where he scored 2 goals and played like fat Ronaldo. He was excellent but how many games was he horrible? Alot. Now if we look at some other players, like GG, he is more consistant. Its not bashing the locals, its bashing their mentality or whatever their problem is.

And its not like these guys never got a chance either. Some Turks are good and consistant some are not.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I don't know how to feel about this game. I know we're going to lose.....I just hope it isn't a historic loss! Our squad has been decimated by Yilmaz Vural in this transfer window.

If Fener doesn't win....you might as well call this season off!

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The guy posts quality every single time. I guess I'm happy to read his posts cause I'm sick and tired of reading "selcuk sahin sucks" post after post lol.
Definitely not discouraging him. Just don't have the patience anymore to read that stuff, its more of a self-realization.

Selcuk Sahin blows my nuts. :D

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why the **** did you use the picture of Kezman in the opening post, Cenk? :googly:
haha i have no goddamn clue. Im living in the past man, stuck on some guy from 06 man.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Definitely not discouraging him. Just don't have the patience anymore to read that stuff, its more of a self-realization.
I also have similar problem myself...

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I don't know how to feel about this game. I know we're going to lose.....I just hope it isn't a historic loss! Our squad has been decimated by Yilmaz Vural in this transfer window.

If Fener doesn't win....you might as well call this season off!
What's with the loser talk bro? Just go out there and play the best damn anti-football you have ever played in your lives. :strong:

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Galatasaray lost :yes: , are we actually going to take advantage of this with iKoot's pussy ass 1 striker system with 5 foreigners thinking it's smart not to start all of them??? Probably not... we'll draw at best if we play our usual slap, smash, punch style.

Bush league football coming up Sunday.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts