Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1057 Posts

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fenerbahçe Basketball

Our women team in basketball have managed to qualify for the Final 4 in FIBA Euope Cup by liminating the russian team Nadezhda Orenburg in 2 games.

Fenerbahçe: Şaziye İvegin 22, Esra Şencebe, Ivona Jerkovic 8, Nilay Yiğit 2, Şükran Albayrak 2, Nalan Mete , Müjde Yüksel 6, Nazlı Güler, Serap Yücesir 9, Melike Bakırcıoğlu, Korona Longin Zanze 22, Marie Ferdinand 18

1. periyot: 27-13
2. periyot: 17-14
3. periyot: 19-15
4. periyot: 26-23

·
Registered
983 Posts
Also Mens' European League Quarter Final Draw is : Fenerbahçe - Besiktas... :D

We will have the home advantage :D , but this means another Turkish team will be in European League Final 4.. Also I hope Efes or Ulker can make it trough the Final 4 so it will be a great year for us in basketball..

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Its interesting that on the Women's basketball kits they have the three stars the football team won. I guess thats become part of the common logo, but a bit strange to me...

Good luck to the squads, spreading the greatness of Fenerbahce across Europe...

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree about the three stars.....it has nothing to do with the basketball teams...:D

And im not sure if our men's team will have a chance against besiktas because two of our starters, Chris Booker and ömer Onan, are injureed for these games. Considering we dont have the best depth in our squad i see Besiktas as te favourites...

·
Registered
983 Posts
It is OK but you know Besiktas are not as good as before. Besiktas may be the favorites but looking at our European maches, a determined Fener could get over Besik with the help of fantastic supporters.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
2 years back-to-back is a good performance by the Queens of the Basket :D

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Lion Killer said:
Also I hope Efes or Ulker can make it trough the Final 4 so it will be a great year for us in basketball..
Efes lost to AEK with a buzzer. They are going to be facing Benetton, and Ulker beat Cibona.

Efes was really unlucky, I believe this year both teams have a chance for Final Four. :star:

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Our board has started the proceedings to build a 7,500 capacity basketball court. For this project they will use a project that has been brought from the USA.

Anlayacaginiz....bu yönetimi durdurmak biraz zor! ;)

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Cengo said:
Anlayacaginiz....bu yönetimi durdurmak biraz zor! ;)
Ibrahim Kutluay announced that he will be happy to join Fenerbahce and Aydin Ors if the management agrees to build a team for championship at year 2007 :thmbup:

Why wait till 2007, I think we should get him back next year. While he still could perform :neutral:

·
Registered
983 Posts
If they are building a basketball stadium with 7500 capacity,this means they will build a team whe can fill it :D

So Next year we can talk about the huge basketball transfers :D

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Lion Killer said:
If they are building a basketball stadium with 7500 capacity,this means they will build a team whe can fill it :D

So Next year we can talk about the huge basketball transfers :D
IMO Fenerbahce should play in Euroleague.

If they can manage to be a team of that magnitude :sweeteye: ULEB may consider giving a chance to Fenerbahce.

Basketball fans deserving a better team :shades:

·
Registered
983 Posts
I think if Aziz Baskan wants, ULEB will beg us to play, Or should i say NBA ? :D

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aragon said:
IMO Fenerbahce should play in Euroleague.

If they can manage to be a team of that magnitude :sweeteye: ULEB may consider giving a chance to Fenerbahce.

Basketball fans deserving a better team :shades:
You can only play for the euroleague if you are invited......just like efes Pilsen and Ülker because Türkiye is no member of the ULEB.

But Fenerbahce has clearly shown this year what they have achieved with a limited squad. We havent had a decent #5......our 3 americans are average (Chnris Booker, Trevor Harvey and Marc salyers). Our Turkish players are not so good either with the exception of Ömer Onan, Erdal Bibo, Rasim Basak and Baris Güney.

The best player in the team is by far Damor Mrsic who has single handedly saved us in many games.

But even with this squad we managed to beat Efes Pilsen, besiktas and lost to Ülker in the last minute after have had a lead as big as 18 points...:(

Now Ömer Onan and Chris Booker are injured (2 of our starters) which means we wont have much to say against besiktas imo.

But with a decent #5 and 2 better americans for the next season we surely would rock this league.

btw, the Turkish league is currently one of the 5 top leagues in Europe.

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Cengo said:
But with a decent #5 and 2 better americans for the next season we surely would rock this league.
American players we can get, but we should try to get some players from Efes and Ülker. Like Tutku, Serkan Erdogan, Fatih Solak. They are not using those players as much as they should anyway.

I watched the game against Tuborg. We really have a problem on painted area after Booker's injury. Is the transfer time over?

Because without a real center, we don't really stand a chance against teams like Efes, Ülker or even Besiktas. :eek:

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We could never get serkan erdogan from Ülker....he is their top scorer!

And Tutku acik is their second point guard.....but i did see lots of potential in Türk telekom. Their three Turkish starters (dont recall all names) ,Cevher özer (PF), Cüneyt Erdem (PG) and one more, are great Turkish players.....if we could snatch davenport from them as well....we would hit the jackpot...:)

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Cengo said:
We could never get serkan erdogan from Ülker....he is their top scorer!
If they get Ibo back from PAO we may have a chance;)

·
Registered
983 Posts
We must get ibo back from PAO, also we can get anyone, why not, you know : money talks.

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Lion Killer said:
We must get ibo back from PAO, also we can get anyone, why not, you know : money talks.
In that regard, with the money spent on Anelka, We could have been challanging Europe's top 5 team. :scream:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Absolutely :D And if we are bulding a brand new 7500 seated stadium, this means we will challenge for the title of Europe ;)

1 - 20 of 1057 Posts