Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Alex De Souza & Emre reaching the end of their careers there retirement will result in one of the biggest changes in years.

What path do you think Fener will take and do you think Kocaman is right man to do this?

Personally I think Kocaman will switch to his preferred 4-3-3 formation getting rid of the need for an Alex type playmaker and instead invest in a decent defensive midfielder and a midfield dynamo to replace Emre and Baroni.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
TBH both of them don't cut it anymore. Alex is so on/off and Emre is just unstable. But they are the 2 players, apart from Stoch, who are able to create. Its so obvious without Emre the midfield collapses.

I am looking forward to the post Alex FB in particular. We will need to do a few transfers to fully adjust, but right now nothing on the team is solid. Once we solidify a certain area (either attack, midfield or defense) things should fall into place. I still expect a top 4 finish but maybe not a championship for a few seasons. We shall see. But if we sign players like Sow, Yobo and Stoch it is the right direction.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TBH both of them don't cut it anymore. Alex is so on/off and Emre is just unstable. But they are the 2 players, apart from Stoch, who are able to create. Its so obvious without Emre the midfield collapses.

I am looking forward to the post Alex FB in particular. We will need to do a few transfers to fully adjust, but right now nothing on the team is solid. Once we solidify a certain area (either attack, midfield or defense) things should fall into place. I still expect a top 4 finish but maybe not a championship for a few seasons. We shall see. But if we sign players like Sow, Yobo and Stoch it is the right direction.
Emre is turning more and more insane as each day passes by but he is still a quality midfielder.

And Alex is Mr consistent, for 8 seasons he's had over 10 goals + 10 assists.

I'm wondering if they may decide to keep Dia and use him on the wing?

This summer transfer window could prove to be very important for Fener. I think they should invest in a young player to replace Emre and a pretty well experienced defensive midfielder. If they act wisely this could set Fener up nicely for the future.

Also I hope the Kocaman-Stoch situation is resolved, Stoch has the makings of a world class player and I feel a 4-3-3 formation would suit him more.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
We need much better players though. We need someone who is a bit better than Topuz. Topuz is fine for the lig but for the CL he is not. He is to basic - we need another player who can create chances. We need a better RB. GG is horrible. Yobo needs a new partner in defense and we need 1 solid DMF. Emre can play if he needs to. I would rather beef up the defense before anything else.

·
*the drum drum*
42,490 Posts
Without them we're 15-20 points behind where we are with them.

I trust the board will put aside the required funds to sign as great a replacement as they can for Alex, but I don't trust that they'll be able to find anyone who can even come close.

BTW, I do wonder how lazyPro purposes to make so many changes, getting rid of three of the better, more experienced Turks with foreigner restrictions as they are.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
Yobo's still on loan isn't he? Is Ziegler going to be fully transferred?

GG is having a bad season, but when we have the best Turkish RB in a world where quality RBs are lacking, we can't afford to replace him. I'd like to see us get Hasan Ali. Not as a replacement for Ziegler (if we don't transfer him), but to give us the option to open up a foreigner spot.

I think we have good depth on the wings and up front. For this summer I'd want just Hasan Ali, a CB (Turk or foreign), a very good DM and a solid CM (we already have Gokay as Emre's replacement) that can play in both Emre's position and the spot next to him. Alper Potuk would have been nice, but...

·
Registered
8,299 Posts

I trust the board will put aside the required funds to sign as great a replacement as they can for Alex, but I don't trust that they'll be able to find anyone who can even come close.

BTW, I do wonder how lazyPro purposes to make so many changes, getting rid of three of the better, more experienced Turks with foreigner restrictions as they are.
You can play Bekir as a right back and he'll do better than GG. GG is so poor in defending that his mistakes are leading to goals. Worst case scenario you have to play with Orhan or Topuz.

We've beaten the Emre situation to death. Everyone here knows how highly I rate him, but he is getting out of form and he is loosing the plot as usual. I wish he would be more professional but he can't. Its one thing to be like Volkan(a koyu fenerli and a taraftar) and one thing to be like Emre(just want to do the absolute best for your team and loose it).

Zico, last year's team was perfect. It was a really good balance between solid players and creative ones. Guys like Santos and Lugano were scoring. Niang and Semih were both between 10-15 goals. Alex had 25 or so. This year this team has become very plain and stale. If a guy like Topuz/Cristian/Serdar/Ziegler/Selcuk will play then we need the creative guys to step it up or sign more of them. I have nothing against Topuz but we need to up one if we are to succeed. We've seen the end result this year.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

I don't think Kocaman wants a replacement for Alex, I think he wants to change the system to his preferred out and out 4-3-3 formation.

The thing about Alex is that he's a special playmaker and represents a style of football in which they are few quality replacements in that position

The ideal replacement for Alex is Ganso, a much younger traditional playmaker playing a role similar to him. However, unless Fener splash out SERIOUS money and do a good job convincing him its unlikely they will be signing Ganso.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Zico
I think Fener should look domestically or to signing Turks from Germany. Alper Potuk & Soner Aydogudu for the midfield, Gokhan Tore is awesome in a 4-3-3. Hasan Ali Kaldirim is an option, also Besiktas defender Atinc has alot of potential.

Defensive midfield is something that really needs to be sorted out first in my opinion, I really don't think Baroni is worthy of Fener...

Times like this make you want to punch Daum, he rejected Gokhan Inler and forced what would have been the greatest Turkish defensive midfielder ever into not only not playing for Fener but not playing for the Turkish NT.

Inler would be perfect right now but there's no way Fener is signing him.

I think Diarra would be good.

Zico
To replace Alex does not mean to replace him like for like.

It may well be that they invest in a striker partner for Sow, or a right-sided Stoch etc.
True and there aren't many players around that can offer what Alex does in his position.

I don't think Fener will struggle much attacking wise in a 4-3-3, Stoch wide, Sow upfront. The other side needs strengthening if Dia leaves. Someone like Tore would be very exciting!

But Fener needs to strengthen the midfield, they a good passer, a dynamic defensive midfielder and hard workers to press hard and close down space. IMO Fener's biggest weakness this season has been in the midfield, its too easy to counter and go through the midfield esp with Baroni there.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
The way they 'presss' even a guy like Bilica - Lugano would be able to create plays from the back. Hence the reason why Lugano would boot up every ball last year because he would get pressure. But this team still has not learned that for some reason. Countless amount of games has proven this. And this one isn't a shot at Alex, if he doesn't press then someone else does it for him, but no one does. So we basically give them a freepass untill they get to the centre half. And then we wonder why we loose possession when GG and Topuz combine on the right side? Hmm let me think..because one of them is too weak and the other one doesn't know what to do with the ball so they get pressured.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts