Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
This ibne is going to have a great year with you guys. He has his Alper now and will most likely start with Salih as well. Like I said our team crushed every opponent in possession and passing in 99% of games we played last year. I think the only team that might have beat us is GS at TT Arena een that I'm not sure about. The only thing is we couldn't score (the second half of the season) you guys have the friggin money and the forwards to get the job done. He's such a little weak puppet though, perfect guy for you as he's a well known aziz slave as well.

·
Registered
637 Posts
no self-respecting coach would ever accept a 0.5 + 0.5 year contract :D

seriously though, if you're going to make such a short-term move like this, why not go for Denizli?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Not like he's going to get an offer from overseas so I dont get how it's a "short term" move. If he succeeds he stays on, simple as that. Better than signing him for 3 years and then get rid od him after a year and having to pay him out. Im pretty sure every club in TSL has had to pay a coach out in the past 5 years so they can get rid of him. I didnt want Ersun, but the one year deal is fine.

·
Master Debater
20,651 Posts
no self-respecting coach would ever accept a 0.5 + 0.5 year contract :D

seriously though, if you're going to make such a short-term move like this, why not go for Denizli?
Because Ersun is a lot better? I have a feeling he's going to ride this contract out and then be given a longer term after.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Because Ersun is a lot better? I have a feeling he's going to ride this contract out and then be given a longer term after.
If as you claim the reason is they think that he's a lot better or he's the best candidate for the position, they only offer him a one year deal? don't buy it.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
I'm sure Lucescu is on the cards as well, he said he wants to come back to Turkey at some point.

·
Master Debater
20,651 Posts
If as you claim the reason is they think that he's a lot better or he's the best candidate for the position, they only offer him a one year deal? don't buy it.
If we knew for a fact Fener was considering Denizli and then did a compare and contrast on the two, then I would be able to answer your first question. But unfortunately I wasn't in the board room that day.

To your second question. One of two things must happen in Turkish football. Either they have to learn from their mistakes and start having more patience with coaches. Or they had to make it a matter of principle and start giving out 1 year contracts for the first year. Looks like perhaps Fener might be the first club going that route, with others soon to follow.

Or, like you're alluding to, they gave Ersun a 1 year deal because they don't have much faith in him from the get go. That we can't know, we can only speculate.

Either way my personal opinion is that Ersun is a very smart move on the part of Fener.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
He's not my favorite but anyone who takes charge in a time like this must have a plan or a vision. With Aykut it was just to ride it out. With Ersun maybe it'll be a little more than that?

·
Registered
637 Posts
If we knew for a fact Fener was considering Denizli and then did a compare and contrast on the two, then I would be able to answer your first question. But unfortunately I wasn't in the board room that day.

To your second question. One of two things must happen in Turkish football. Either they have to learn from their mistakes and start having more patience with coaches. Or they had to make it a matter of principle and start giving out 1 year contracts for the first year. Looks like perhaps Fener might be the first club going that route, with others soon to follow.

Or, like you're alluding to, they gave Ersun a 1 year deal because they don't have much faith in him from the get go. That we can't know, we can only speculate.

Either way my personal opinion is that Ersun is a very smart move on the part of Fener.
Well, as far ast the Turkish options, I think it's pretty safe to assume it was between Denizli and Ersun since Denizli said "Aziz baskan benim sartlarimi iyi biliyor." Or the more likely scenario seems to be the one Graves suggested. Aziz knows he can't control Denizli, Ersun prob a different story.

·
Master Debater
20,651 Posts
Well, as far ast the Turkish options, I think it's pretty safe to assume it was between Denizli and Ersun since Denizli said "Aziz baskan benim sartlarimi iyi biliyor." Or the more likely scenario seems to be the one Graves suggested. Aziz knows he can't control Denizli, Ersun prob a different story.
I had no idea Denizli had been making such statements. Either way I think Denizli is a relic. Ersun will do well for Fener.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
I'm sure Lucescu is on the cards as well, he said he wants to come back to Turkey at some point.
It's times like these I miss warabee's posts about Lucescu watching from his telescope in Donetsk :howler:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts