Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wat up guys!!!
after a lucky win against the riverside... we are up against the Turkish champion... Lets start the discussion ..... I have not seen Fenerbache play but any team which knocks out Sevilla demans respect... so what do u guys think will be the score line.. :)

Carlos is fit to play ....

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Is Petr Cech fit to play?
I hope so!

I think it will be a very entertaining match and I think we will have lots of opportunities to score. If the breaks go our way I can see us winning 3-1 or else I could see it being 1-1. My prediction is 2-1 Chelsea

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Grant waits on star duo for Fenerbahce tie

Chelsea manager Avram Grant is prepared to wait until the last possible moment before deciding whether key duo Frank Lampard and Petr Cech will fly to Istanbul to prepare for Wednesday's Champions League showdown with Fenerbahce.

Lampard missed Sunday's 1-0 victory over Middlesbrough because of sickness, although he was able to watch the match at Stamford Bridge from the stands.

Goalkeeper Cech has been sidelined by an ankle injury picked up on Champions League duty in the previous round and his deputy Carlo Cudicini almost gifted Middlesbrough a goal with a mad rush from his line yesterday.

Grant said: 'Lampard was very sick and he didn't even come to (the training ground at) Cobham. If he can be available, we will take him on the plane and we will see about Petr Cech at the same time.'

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
I hope so!

I think it will be a very entertaining match and I think we will have lots of opportunities to score. If the breaks go our way I can see us winning 3-1 or else I could see it being 1-1. My prediction is 2-1 Chelsea
I say Carlo should start this game even if Cech is fit; I don't think him comming without match practice will be the best at this stage of the CL.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Fenerbahce always score at home, but ofcourse we need to stop u from scoring which is not our best side. this cl we let 3 goals in at home, 2 r own goal from Edu.

how is chelsea's defending from set pieces, that is our major weapon. Free kicks, corners and even throw-ins we score from.

But our RB is out, and is back up not have match practice, that is where chelsea go the most.

wat is chelsea's weaknesses?

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I say Carlo should start this game even if Cech is fit; I don't think him comming without match practice will be the best at this stage of the CL.

I know, I was thinking that to. But he's a keeper, he does pretty much everything in training that he faces in games. He goes up against Drogba, Sheva, Anelka, Lampard, J Cole and Ballack's best shots every day. But the crossing and dealing with balls in the air and coming out to recover are things he could show a little bit of rust which is risky, I agree.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Fenerbahce always score at home, but ofcourse we need to stop u from scoring which is not our best side. this cl we let 3 goals in at home, 2 r own goal from Edu.

how is chelsea's defending from set pieces, that is our major weapon. Free kicks, corners and even throw-ins we score from.

But our RB is out, and is back up not have match practice, that is where chelsea go the most.

wat is chelsea's weaknesses?

Our set piece defense has been awful lately. Usually we manage ok but it has caused us some stressful situations of late.

Our weakness is a lack of fluidity passing. Build up is slow and catious and uncreative through the middle of the park. But Fener don't pressure the ball as hectically as English sides so we will probably be dangerous passing along the ground as well as our strong suit, through the air. Our RB position is also our weak link but our defending as a whole is very stout.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Againt tottenham 3 goals out of 4 were set piece, riverside(boro) hit the bar twice in set piece.i m scared when it comes to set pieces, in mourinho's era we never used concede a goal in a set piece.... Bt times have changed....

·
Registered
17,505 Posts
a draw will be just fine for us....

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Our set piece defense has been awful lately. Usually we manage ok but it has caused us some stressful situations of late.

Our weakness is a lack of fluidity passing. Build up is slow and catious and uncreative through the middle of the park. But Fener don't pressure the ball as hectically as English sides so we will probably be dangerous passing along the ground as well as our strong suit, through the air. Our RB position is also our weak link but our defending as a whole is very stout.
3 of our 5 goals vs. Sevilla came from set pieces. and since ur RB position is weak, that give us big advantage since our left side with R.Carlos + Ugur Boral(completly took Alves out of game in both games) will dominate it.

i hope lampard dont come, i have bad feeling about him.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3 of our 5 goals vs. Sevilla came from set pieces. and since ur RB position is weak, that give us big advantage since our left side with R.Carlos + Ugur Boral(completly took Alves out of game in both games) will dominate it.

we might play Essien like e did againt tottenham!!!!

·
Registered
10,439 Posts

whoa whoa whoa....whoa, buddy. Yes Ugur Boral played brilliantly in both legs and yes, Alves and the other RM who is very good but can't think of his name were taken out the game, but there is absolutely no way your "dominating" that flank. Joe Cole is of a different cloth and he will see to that. He'll keep Carlos and Boral busy :D

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
1-1

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
whoa whoa whoa....whoa, buddy. Yes Ugur Boral played brilliantly in both legs and yes, Alves and the other RM who is very good but can't think of his name were taken out the game, but there is absolutely no way your "dominating" that flank. Joe Cole is of a different cloth and he will see to that. He'll keep Carlos and Boral busy :D
nice, that side should be a great matchup then :thumbsup:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts

Joe Cole can't make up for Belletti or whoever else you decide, getting space on your left is a piece of piss, just Fener need to use it better than we did or the ridiculous Downing did.

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
drogba is going to be looking into the stands wishing chelsea's fans were as good as Fener's...

Fenerbahce games are usually very exciting, but a boring opponent like chelsea might change that, chelsea is obviously the stronger side, but Fenerbahce is pretty damn good at home, I really can't predict a scoreline...

·
THE
14,123 Posts
When Drogba or any other player would look at you and then at me, I'm sure any of them would choose me as their fan.

On Carlo v Petr, if AG has to see till the end if Petr is fit or not, play Carlo. Petr ain't fit then.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
:howler:
Are you sure kat there are certanly alot of gay footballers around

1 - 20 of 173 Posts