Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...As the first ever female ref in a second division match in Israel.

After 4 years as professional referee (including International games) female referee Rachel Cohen has been promoted last week and was in charge of the Liga Leumit match between Acco and Rishon Letzion on Friday. Cohen had a good game according to reports, despite the boring match. ;)

Promoting female referees is very normal in Europe nowadays. I clearly remember a female lineswoman in a CL match some years ago.

I'm looking forward to the day we will see her in Ligat Ha'AL. Good luck to her and the other female ref's out there. :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
There was an item on her last night on the Channel 1 wrap up show. Actually she looked like a good referee considering that it was her first game. Both teams said that she did a very good job. It was also mentioned that she may get a chance to work in the first division depending on her progress. All the best to her and let's hope that Eyal Berkovic (and his mouth) retire before she referees a first division match ;)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
congrats to her and best of luck, today Liga Leumit, tomorrow Ligat Ha'al, and next week UEFA CL. Always a good idea to promote femal referees

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Wow! This is really good.
LIke the NBA where female referee are there.

I just hope she is not trampeled and stumped at by the players and fans for making whacky calls.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts