Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Sturm-Masoe presser!
The big WBA world middleweight title fight between puncher Maselino Masoe and technician Felix Sturm is almost here. The clash takes place on Saturday at the Color Line Arena in Hamburg, Germany. The fighters met face to face Monday at a prefight press conference. "I respect Felix Sturm and have studied videos of his fights," said the champion Masoe (26-2, 25 KOs), who arrived in Hamburg a week ago. "He is a challenger to take very seriously. We will offer a great show to the public. His home advantage doesn't interest me, because I won my title by knockout in America against a Don King boxer, Evans Ashira. Felix has substantially more pressure than me because here in Germany he is a big favorite. Whoever keeps their nerve leaves the ring as a winner and that will be me."

Sturm (24-1, 11 KOs), who arrived in Hamburg on Sunday, stated "I prepared perfectly with my coach Michael Timm and I will implement all we have worked on. I am happy to be able to finally get back into the ring again. I was world champion, then the title was stolen from me. I'll become world champion again and nothing and nobody can stop me!" The fight between Sturm and the 39-year-old Masoe Masoe was originally scheduled for November 2005, but was delayed after Sturm suffered an elbow injury. "That was a bad experience for me," said Felix. "All the more pleased I am about the fantastic preparation which now lies behind me."

In the other world title fight, Wladimir Sidorenko (18-0, 6 KOs) defends his WBA bantamweight crown against Ricardo Cordoba (27-1, 18 KOs). Also, high explosiveness is expected in the heavyweight clash between "The White Tyson" Ruslan Chagaev (19-0-1, 16 KOs) and Vladimir Virchis (20-0, 17 KOs). The winner of the duel of unbeaten stablemates will propel one of them a giant step closer to a world title shot. Altogether the card includes eight fights spanning the entire spectrum from the skillful bantamweights to hard-hitting heavyweights, so once again fight fans in the Color Line Arena will experience a big night of boxing. Promoter Klaus-Peter Kohl of Universum Box-Promotion expects a full house on Saturday night. Approximately 7000 tickets have already been sold. Tickets

2 weeks to go before the next big blockbuster, Ratman vs Toney but a pretty decent fightcard coming up this weekend between the man who in my eyes beat de la Hoya, Felix Sturm and the puncher from kiwiland Maselino Masoe. Never seen him before but seeing his age and style, it seems he could be a Corrie Sanders type of fighter who'll need to do it early. Should be interesting

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody? :sigh:

ah well the fight wasn't that much of a classic either. Sturm as expected was the better boxer and he did his job but it would have been nice had he gone for the KO when it was clear that Maselino had no chance of winning on points.

Good news is that there's talk of an Arthur Abraham - Sturm unification fight in the summer :thumbsup: now that should be some fight to watch! :shades:

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Yeah sorry, I caught a couple of rounds but even before it started this fight never done anything for me really.

Sturm showed his good defence and stiff jab from what I saw. Nothing much more expected really and I want to see him with the elite of the division.

Read the reports of the Abraham fight. Probably the biggest domestic clash in Germany for a while. Should be great, id like Abraham to win as I enjoy watching him more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts