Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my brazilian friends......

Can anyone tell me something about this Felipe from Vasco Da Gama?

His reputation in Brazil, playstyle, position, positives sides, negativ sides etc etc.....?

Thankz!!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
This was written by Zé! (Hope u don't mind that I pasted it here)

Felipe (Atletico-MG) - One of the most talented Brazilian players and probably the most rebel. His best friend is Pedrinho (quite calm lad) and his other best friend is Edmundo! Can play in many positions, and is brilliant in all of them. His problem is his personality. He is not playing for Brazil because of that. As his talent is so huge, and his ego is even bigger, he normally holds the ball more than necessary to start making his personal show to the crowd, just to demonstrate to the audience that he can humiliate his opponents while dribbling them. Hopefully with time, he will mature himself and get that spot that is waiting for him in the Brazilian national team for so long.....but hopefully in midfield! Nobody can make a short dribble like this guy in the world of football! Probably only Romario! Has won the Brazilian championship in 97 and 2000 (din't play), Libertadores 98, Rio State in 97...and been runner up in zillions of tournaments with Vasco, the club he was born and bred. Has also played for the pigs.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
This guy is superb. He's more mature now since i wrote Rafael's post. Soon he will be in a bigger European club. He can unlock any defense with one simple pass (it may look simple, but it really is not!);) :D

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I know I ve had a couple of silly fights with some of you brazilian fans.....but today my friends you guys deserves some credit. This guy you have sent us....Felipe......simply beatiful player. Just saw him in a pre game with Gala.....and he was superb...great vision....one of the best dribblers I ve seen......his creativity was just unbeliveble....and last his one touch passes...perfectly landed on the teammates foot....every time. Thanks my brazilian friends for raising such a nice talent. His personality...I am not worried about....Senior Terim is an expert of handling that kind of players....he will shine in the CL this year and hopefully you can see when he playes around with Riquelme in the quaterfinals versus Barca at nou camp....hahaha.

Thanks again

Maestro!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Maestro,
Thenhe will only stay one season with you guys, cause with his football and personality he will simply destroy Barcelona and then Real Madrid will have to sign him for 100 million dollars!;)

They could have gotten cheaper, only if thye had searched the brazilian market better, like you lot did;)

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Hey if Real Madrid are gonna make another world record transfer and pay $100 million after this seasom for Felipe then that is fine with me but I hope he stays at least for 3 seasons. Also Fabio Pinto is a very talanted youngster he is scoring a lot of goals, he scored 1 goal in the first friendly and a hat-trick in the second friendly we have done so far and he is very fast and a good dribbler as well but Fabio Pinto won't make it to the starting 11 yet we have too many good players Felipe though definitaly will as he is our new #10.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
The special thing aorund Felipe is when the whole stadium thinks he is gonan pass the ball and he decides it to keep it ( remembers Denilson).

then he stops the play, put his hand in his hips and calls his marker for the dribble. If he gets past it's ok, if not he will throw his body at his marker and call for a foul. If the ref does not give the foul he will complain for about 2 minutes.....but anyway it's a joy to watch his football, specially when he "calls" the marker to try to get the ball off him! Simply CLASSIC;) :cool:

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hahahhahahahaha....great stuff Ze Da Fiel.....I´m looking forward to see that calling!!!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I really wish this Felipe was around and playing in Gala 2 seasons ago when we had the best team with Emre, Okan, Umit, Taffarel, Unsal, Jardel....and we had replaced the old numero 10 Hagi with Felipe, that had been awesome.

Ze, lets see how this season turns out and hopefully he will stay and show his skills to the european audience.

Thanks for all info guys...

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can give you one already....Galatasaray had their trainingcamp i Austria and played 3 matches i think....Do I have to tell you who the star was?

I mean this guy, is he something or is he something!!! You gotta love this man cause their is NO way you can hate him ;)

Tell me something more about him, Ze Da Fiel, something he did in the Brazilian Leaugue that was awsome....

Ciao

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
A kung fu kick in Gallardo of River PLate back in 97....... then Edmundo was sent off together with Felipe and then in the second half the game ended!;) :D :D
typical scenes of Sao januario:fero: ;)

He's brill. Does anyone has such a perfect slow dribble in the world as him??? the answer of course is NO! He is brill in left back , defensive midfield or even attacking midfield!

He's given loads of brilliant passes for Romario..... and Vasco will miss him a lot!;)

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He really posses a magnificent left foot....

The role he is going to have in Galatasaray is more like a free-role behind the strikers...

As lot of european teams have witnessed, Galatasaray play a very pressing footboll, I really hope you see that pressing some time, Ze da Fiel, cause it´s really chocking, believe me.....

So I wonder, how do you think this guy will work when pressing the opponents as Galatasaray do?

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
wow. simply fantastic!

i am watching him right now and these are my opinions of him.

i can tell u that with our coach terim, he will be the biggest name in european soccer in 2 years. he is fantastic. i ve never seen somone dribble so easily since maradona and superb passes.

i just wonder why he did not play in world cup. he could even replace rivaldo.

i just cant wait till the season starts and hasan sas. balic and felipoe playing together in midfield.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Is this the same Felipe that almost signed for Roma 2 years ago?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Yeah, the same Felipe

Yeah, it's the same guy. 2 years ago Roma gave up on him apparently because of two bad games.

Felipe had already signed a pre-contract with Roma, and a couple of Italians came to Rio to observe him first-hand before finishing the deal. Everything looked set for the transfer. They arrived in Rio just in time for the Rio state championship finals. Flamengo - with Juan, Adriano, Athirson, Gamarra and Petkovic - defeated Vasco, Felipe's team at the time. Felipe wasn't in a good time personally, his family was going through some problems and it reflected on him; he lost his temper on the second game of the finals, and his performance suffered.

And even though his previous two years at Vasco had been simply brilliant, the Roma guys decided he wasn't worth it. They cancelled the deal after Felipe had gone to Italy - and FIFA recently fined Roma and they had to pay a couple of millions to Felipe.

Roma's loss, IMO. But what are you gonna do? He didn't play well when the Roma guys were watching and everything went down the drain. Tough.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts