Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Felipao is starting to show what he came for.
The doctor had baned ROnaldo from taking penalties (probably because of injuries) and hten Ronaldo went to practice penalties with Dida and Rogerio.

FElipao started souting at Ronaldo and told him to run around the pitch. Ronaldo as revolted and din't give any interviews!

It's probbably the first time ROnlado has been spoken like this in the BRazilian NT since 1996! Good to see that he is not so overprotected.

PLus he din't do crap in the training game, let's see if he will capitalize on the game!

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
I'll sub Ronaldo - Big Phil

ULSAN (Reuters) - Ronaldo has been reprimanded by Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari for failing to do his share of marking and warned that his reputation would not save him from being substituted.

The former World Player of the Year recently scored his first international goal for three years, but Scolari has told the Inter Milan striker he has defensive duties as well.

'He still has a bit of difficulty in responding to the request to mark the opposition when they are trying to play the ball out of defence,' Scolari said.

Ronaldo, who is returning to full fitness after being sidelined for over two years by a succession of injuries, was still not at his best during Saturday's practice match between the first team and the reserves, said Scolari.

'Ronaldo is getting better on the physical side and on the technical side but he still lacks rhythm,' added Scolari.

Scolari said that if Ronaldo was off-colour during a match, he would substitute him rather than keeping on the field in the hope that he could produce a match-winning minute of genius.

'I will not wait for the end. If I have to change the team, I will. My job is to do what is best for the group.

'No name is so big that he can't be substituted and I'm not going to spare A, B or C. If I have to take a decision, it could be the goalkeeper or the left winger, but I will take it. We have plenty of good players who are not in the team.'

Scolari, whose team face Turkey in their opening game in group C on Monday, has confirmed his team, with Juninho being brought in as a second attacking midfielder.

The team will line up with Marcos in goal, Lucio, Edmilson and Roque Junior in the centre of the defence, Cafu and Roberto Carlos on the flanks, Emerson, Juninho and Ronaldinho in midfield and Ronaldo and Rivaldo in attack.

But Scolari admitted he was not fully happy with Saturday's practice.

'We can never be 100 percent happy, there's always a little bit more the players can give,' he said. 'We had some problems creating chances and with the finishing as well.'

·
Registered
390 Posts
this is great now hes startin to put "moral" into the camp, i dont usually agree felipaos tactics n i dont like his stubborness, but now hes doin what he was brought tto the NT to do, make brasil play like men so that they dont pu$$y out like they did against France, felipao is beginnin to do **** right now also by puttin a more offensive formation, only change necessary now is roque jr n then we r ready for the WC
n ze is edmilson gonna play as a volante or not? some places say we gonna play a 4-4-2 wit two volantes (emerson n edmilson) n other well stick wit the 3-5-2 (wit edmilson as 3rd defender, n emerson as sole volante)...

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Udud,
Look, the only time Felipao used 2 playmakers using 352 formation he put Edmilson as a volante. That was a against Veenzuela.......ok VEnezuela are crap , but nothing went by Emerson and Edmilson......... sort of remembered the old Mauro Silva & Dunga parternship of 94!;) SO in reality it was not 352 but a 442. It's nortmlly that packed bunch of defenders that he puts in the pitch. If he had Klebrson still on the team, it might have happened what occured in the Yugoslvia game, were the opponent just defended and we only had 1 single play that had game vision....Ronaldinho Gaucho! If he really puts Edmilson more in midfield , we will play 442 and look more like a real BRazilian team, looking for goal! But a good thing that Felipao is doing is to mark the "saida de bola" of the opposing team. Remmeber our second goal against Catalonian side was like this....Ronaldinho Gaucho tackling the defender and having an open goal to score!!!

I think he will start putting Edmilson as a defender, but as Turkey are gonna play only in counter attacks, he will evenetually forward Edmilson to mark more the Turkish midfield and let Emerson a bit more "loosly" around the pitch....if he can do that!:confused: :rolleyes: :eek: The guy can't run to save his life!

BUt Udud, with Edmilson marking a little bit mor e forward , the only 2 positions that i owuld like to change is:

Dida for Marcos
Polga for Roque Jr.

Then we have the best team of the world cup!;) (and that's not bull!);) :tongue: :cool:

·
Registered
390 Posts
if this works itd be great but id really be more confident if we had a solid team n knew exactly how we'd be playin by now
but luckily we were fortunate to get stuck in this group so we have the luxury of testing...
n my changes would be

Julio Cesar for Marcos
n Juan for Roque Jr.

:)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well,
If i could bring new players in , i would definlity get Juninho Pernambucano too Juninho Paulista's palce. Felipao only now noted that he din't do an excellent call up. THat position is only for 2 players: Juninho Pernambucano or Ricardinho...nobody else can touch it. as both of them are not there...he has to go with J. Paulista!

We got 4 easy game until the quarter finals. THe other teams are already getting hammered. France have to win all games to be champions...Argentina in similar position.

Germany, Italy and us are in better conditions..... hopefully we will save on cards and injuries. While most teams of Group F will come out with loads of cards and proabbly injuries, pluys the mental stress of tough games!

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
That's some good analysis you made there Ze and I agree for the most part. Juan for Roque Junior and Juninho Pernambucano for Kaka would be my two moves. I'd also bring Baixinho back but enough about "the greatest" eh, perhaps Edmilson may play more forward then he has most of the time but I doubt we'll play a normal 4-4-2 untill Big Phil changes his mind halfway trough the tournament and it'll make a big dramatic save for our World Cup and we'll hammer each and every team! :D

Back to the subject, Ronaldo is getting some major pressure from Scolari and let's hope this brings out the best in them but it's just a fair warning from Scolari, nothing more & nothing less.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Udud,

What did i say before the Emerson cut??? Tha the guy had seen his mistake. Now Emerson is out and Ricardinho in.

I'm starting to read well Felipao's mind!;)

Gilberto SIlva in the place of Emerson........ and if we keep the 352 formation, expect Ricardinho to be a starter in the 3rd game against Costa Rica!

CORINTHIANS RULZ!!!!;) :cool:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
R9 needs to show some power!

I'm glad Ronaldo is getting yelled at now, while there's still time. His reecent performances were not very inspirational, and I agree that he should go to the bench if he doesn't improve. Edilson or Denilson, or even Luisão, should get a chance if the Hairless Wonder continues on his erratic form. ;)

I don't think Ricardinho will be ready for the 3rd game against Costa Rica, because of the time-zone difference. But hey, it wouldn't be the first time I was mistaken...
:rolleyes: :D

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
garrincha,

I think he will be ready for the third game...... within 2 to 3 days he should already be used to the time.

Remember, it's just not to sleep in the first day!;) :D

Will we win the World Cup with a Corinthians base team??

Probably

Dida, Vampeta, Ricardinho, Edilson, Luizao......and even Rivaldo!;) :cool: :cool: :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts