Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thincking of which team would you choose if you get Felipao's probable team, against his probable rejects of the world cup.

Felipao's team:

1. Marcos

3. Lucio 4. Roque Jr. 5. Edmilson / Polga

2. Cafu 8. G. Silva 7. Emerson 6. Roberto Carlos

10. Ronaldinho Gaucho

9. Ronaldo 11. Rivaldo

Felipao's probable Reject:

1. Julio Cesar

2. Leonardo 3. Juan 4. Antonio Carlos 6. Serginho

8. Juninho Pernambucano 5. Vampeta

10. Kaka/Juninho Paulista 7. Felipe

9. Franca 11. Romario

I prefer the rejects team:)

If you compare postion by position, although its tough due to formation, we have:

JC x Marcos: Julio Cesar is a better keeper than Marcos, specially at his current moment

Leonardo x Cafu: Leonardo is a better player, although Cafu's experience beats him.

Lucio x Juan: Lucio is better

Antonio Carlos x Roque Jr. Both are unreliable, but if i had to choose one, it would be Antonio Carlos

Roberto Carlos x Serginho: Overall RC is better, however Serginho has much mkore skill and ability than RC....I give it to RC as opponent's respect him more

Emerson x Vampeta: Vampeta any day, much more complete player, vision, speed, skill, emerson only wins in the tackling department

Juninho PE x Edmilson: Juninho Pe any day, although they are in different roels in the team

Felipe x G. Silva: Again different roles, and different type of players. Gilberto Silva is a classical DM... and i like him a lot, and Felipe is one of my favourite players......it's gives joy to the eyes seeing him play. TOugh call as they have different roles

Kaka x Ronaldinho Guacho: BOth superb players, Ronaldinho took a while to mature himslef as a player, and Kaka's football in the last year has grown a lot....it looks like he is a 24 year old playing and not a 19. It's very close but i would give it to Kaka.

Franca x Rivaldo: Rivaldo is known across the globe, and Franca is a modest but superb center forward.....if i had to pick between the 2, i would choose Franca

Romario x ROnaldo: Different types of center forward, the 2 best in the world, but i surely do know who would i ask to kick the ball in the last minute to score a goal in order to save my life....and that would be ROMARIO! ;)

·
Registered
390 Posts
yo but what criterion u usin? not on the startin team or not gon to the WC?
cuz i think (and hope) Julio cesar is gonna go to the WC, n juan n vampeta still have chances of makin the team also i believe, but wit felipao u never know (actually u always know that hes gonna choose not the most qualified but the one he likes the most)...
i agree wit the comparisons u made
but also there are some other notable absences but i dont really remember which they are now, so ill jus post again later

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
2 Questions what team does Silva play for and is Franca still in brasil and out of contract at the end of June?

Because if he is and my team lazio dont try to sign him I will go crazy. We want to sign Tomasson from Feyenoord :rolleyes: I would much prefer Cardetti but if Franca is a bosman hes my numbre 1 chioce.

·
Registered
390 Posts
franca is gonna go to leverkusen right after the WC, they already have a contract
n gilberto silva plays for atletico-MG who r lookin to sell him now,before WC in case he flops there, thety could sell him now for a prettygood market value n the usual teams r interested (inter, milan...)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I was wondering, is Elber going to be in the WC squad? I seem to remember that he already played quiet some games for Brazil. Does Solari consider him to be too 'European' or am I missing something?

Thank you :)

ADRIAAN
_______

·
Registered
407 Posts
I don't think Giovane Élber will be in the seleção... Last time he was called, it was for the Copa, where he didn't want to go because Hoeness of Bayern told him so...
so, he can stay at Bayern and do everything they want him to do...

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no chance of Elber going to play for Brazil. He is considered a "desertor" by Felipiao by not attending the Copa America and not showing up for the friendly against Panama!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
What a shame to keep Romario - Elber and Jardel at home..... makes you think :(

I realize that Jardel might not be suited for the system, but he would be great benchmaterial IMO. If all hope is gone, just put him on and let him do his thing. He's the most European Brazilian dude I have ever seen, but he does have a certain talent, that some of the other strikers who were called up don't seem to have ( I am baseing this on your comment on certain strikers)

What are your opinions on both Elber and Jardel?

ADRIAAN
_______

·
Registered
390 Posts
i think elber is a great striker n i would like to have him on the NT.. bundesliga has been great on him, i like how he plays always fightin n never givin up, n i think his game is almost complete... but yeah he did prioritize bayern over selecao, n that pissed felipao off royally
while jardel on the other hand is a smartass, slacker, n can only finish n no offence to the portuguese league but the defences there arent known to be the best, n thats why he scores so many goals...
today he said that maybe he sould stop playin n scorin goals in order to be called to the NT makin an obvious allusion to ronaldo... what a d!ckhead

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
Elber is a great striker, he proves this in Champions_league against $-clubs like Real Madrid year by year, last year he scores against them twice, this year he assists two goals. But I'm sorry he isn't the best option for Seleçao.

My WC team should be,

.........................Rogerio............................
.....................Lucio.....Edmilson...................
..........Cafú...............................R.Carlos.....
.........................Emerson...........................
............Ronaldinho...........Zé Roberto...........
..................................Rivaldo...................
................Edílson.....................................
...........................Romário.........................

2nd half,

Ronaldo, Denilson, Juninho/Kaka.

very attacking, the way it should be :cool:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Ze Roberto and Amoroso both deserve a spot on the team, Romario too. If Scolari adds those three players in Luizao, Junior, and take out a striker. :googly:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Elber and JArdel have had there cahcnes for brazil and really none of them did well.....specially Elber who had more games and under differen managers and the only thing he really did was score a hat trcik against Ecuador in a 5x1 trashing back in 98. Apart from that he never done nothing. Jardel is the same thing.

In my opinion they might score a lot for there clubs and might be very good players(specially elber) but when you have Ronaldo & Romario why are you gonna want to put Jardel & Elber!???:confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
368 Posts
França- Romário ia the atack rejected by Fellipao...it´s relly better than the attack of the team..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts