Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Star Player
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I begin? Where do I begin?

Excepting two or three members like Yasir and zico, there aren't many around here who was watching our club win the European Cup 20 years back. Thus, it would not be an exaggeration if I said that last night was probably the biggest night for most of us in here as Liverpool fans. Yes, we have already won the UEFA Cup few years back and that night was unforgettable too. But ultimate greatness in European football is not credited to the UEFA Cup champion but rather the one who wins the CL.

And to think that we, yes WE THE LIVERPOOL FANS, are just one step away from witnessing that incredible thing to happen to our club for the first time in our lives is quite unimaginable, isn't it?

While I wouldn't want to predict a sure victory against Milan or PSV in the final, the very fact that we are in the CL final makes me believe that we are back in the circle, the circle of a handful of great clubs that play in the semis and finals of the top competition year in year out, the circle that we once belonged to but then disappeared for 2 decades.

Last night, in the 2nd half when our defenders were fighting their heart out to frustrate the Chelsea attack time and time again, I was fearing the worst to happen. Being a football fan who has never witnessed much glory for his teams, I am an absolute pessismist. After Argentina lost to Brazil in the Copa America final when they were leading till the last 15 seconds of the game, I had stopped taking results for granted. As the saying goes, "it ain't over till its over". I kept on fearing that sooner or later Robben or Lampard or Drogna or Kezman or even Terry will sneak in and score the goal that would break our hearts.

And then the 4th official said "6 minutes". The commentator echoed my feelings, "Where did that come from?" SIX MINUTES? Is he out of his mind? And finally when the ball reached Gudjohnsen's feet and I saw Dudek in no position to stop a goal-bound shot, my heart skipped a beat. That was it. Had Gudjohnsen scored, I would have said to myself that it was just a game of football anyways and life is a lot more than football just to console myself. But while it is true that life is a lot more than football, the defeat would have been inconsolable.

But Gudjohnsen missed. And Liverpool lived on to go on to the next step in its reutrn to its former glory. And so do we Liverpool fans live on to support our team another day.

Come on, sing with me....

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone.

:proud:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
utopia said:
While I wouldn't want to predict a sure victory against Milan or PSV in the final, the very fact that we are in the CL final makes me believe that we are back in the circle, the circle of a handful of great clubs that play in the semis and finals of the top competition year in year out, the circle that we once belonged to but then disappeared for 2 decades.
You would do well to reach the Champions League next season. :)

But Gudjohnsen missed. And Liverpool lived on to go on to the next step in its reutrn to its former glory. And so do we Liverpool fans live on to support our team another day.
:confused:

Gloryhunter.... :rollani:
 

·
Star Player
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zack said:
You would do well to reach the Champions League next season. :)
Time will tell :)
Zack said:
:confused:

Gloryhunter.... :rollani:
Fortunately I have dealt with enough no. of posters like you over the years not to fall for the bait and start defending myself :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
130 Posts
Zack said:
You would do well to reach the Champions League next season. :)


:confused:

Gloryhunter.... :rollani:
whats the matter manc boy no one talking about ya no more :happy:

ah well you still have the LITTLE fa cup to play for pffffffffffffff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,663 Posts
Zack said:
Gloryhunter.... :rollani:
A ManU fan from Singapore calling someone a glory hunter :rolleyes: oh the irony!!!

Everyone in Singapore supports ManU, why didn't you support Man City or Newcastle? because ManU get all the coverage thats why
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,123 Posts
I would have watched the Heysel final but I only saw the tragedy unfold and figured they wouldn't play it so I went out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,384 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
A ManU fan from Singapore calling someone a glory hunter :rolleyes: oh the irony!!!

Everyone in Singapore supports ManU, why didn't you support Man City or Newcastle? because ManU get all the coverage thats why

Hahahahaah... SM mate....I am from Singapore...and "Who the Fcuk are Man U?"

A recent survey was done by a local newspaper here and it showed that Liverpool are the better supported club here....and what have we won for all these years except for some 'micky mouse' cups ???

So who is this scummer calling glory hunters????? hahhahahahaha truly pathetic...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,663 Posts
B*O*S*H* said:
Hahahahaah... SM mate....I am from Singapore...and "Who the Fcuk are Man U?"

A recent survey was done by a local newspaper here and it showed that Liverpool are the better supported club here....and what have we won for all these years except for some 'micky mouse' cups ???

So who is this scummer calling glory hunters????? hahhahahahaha truly pathetic...
oh i see
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
utopia said:
How do I begin? Where do I begin?

Excepting two or three members like Yasir and zico, there aren't many around here who was watching our club win the European Cup 20 years back. Thus, it would not be an exaggeration if I said that last night was probably the biggest night for most of us in here as Liverpool fans. Yes, we have already won the UEFA Cup few years back and that night was unforgettable too. But ultimate greatness in European football is not credited to the UEFA Cup champion but rather the one who wins the CL.

And to think that we, yes WE THE LIVERPOOL FANS, are just one step away from witnessing that incredible thing to happen to our club for the first time in our lives is quite unimaginable, isn't it?

While I wouldn't want to predict a sure victory against Milan or PSV in the final, the very fact that we are in the CL final makes me believe that we are back in the circle, the circle of a handful of great clubs that play in the semis and finals of the top competition year in year out, the circle that we once belonged to but then disappeared for 2 decades.

Last night, in the 2nd half when our defenders were fighting their heart out to frustrate the Chelsea attack time and time again, I was fearing the worst to happen. Being a football fan who has never witnessed much glory for his teams, I am an absolute pessismist. After Argentina lost to Brazil in the Copa America final when they were leading till the last 15 seconds of the game, I had stopped taking results for granted. As the saying goes, "it ain't over till its over". I kept on fearing that sooner or later Robben or Lampard or Drogna or Kezman or even Terry will sneak in and score the goal that would break our hearts.

And then the 4th official said "6 minutes". The commentator echoed my feelings, "Where did that come from?" SIX MINUTES? Is he out of his mind? And finally when the ball reached Gudjohnsen's feet and I saw Dudek in no position to stop a goal-bound shot, my heart skipped a beat. That was it. Had Gudjohnsen scored, I would have said to myself that it was just a game of football anyways and life is a lot more than football just to console myself. But while it is true that life is a lot more than football, the defeat would have been inconsolable.

But Gudjohnsen missed. And Liverpool lived on to go on to the next step in its reutrn to its former glory. And so do we Liverpool fans live on to support our team another day.

Come on, sing with me....

:proud:



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
B*O*S*H* said:
A recent survey was done by a local newspaper here and it showed that Liverpool are the better supported club here....and what have we won for all these years except for some 'micky mouse' cups ???
Ugh... that isn't a newspaper, that's a tabloid..... you actually read that rag??? (plus their stupid football analysis done by ABU 'experts') :sleepy:

Not much worse than those pile of s*** at ESPN though, fancy one of them to think that Neil Mellor is the biggest talent in the Premiership! :dielaugh:

So who is this scummer calling glory hunters????? hahhahahahaha truly pathetic...
Read what utopia said again.... :blind: and while you are it try opening your eyes and see the big fat 'rollani' smilie.

Me a gloryhunter? Supporter since '88, true Devil since '92. Where were you at that time?
 

·
Star Player
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
numerodix said:
Mishal, how's life? :)
Ah well, life is moving on. Going through some big family trouble but that's part and parcel of life. Thanks for asking.

How about you? Mail me when you are free. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,943 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
Everyone in Singapore supports ManU,
Don't generalise, okay? I'm from Singapore too.
 

·
Winter is Coming.
Joined
·
8,131 Posts
Lets not stereotype demographic regions for their characteristics or team preferences, because in the end, we're all human beings and you all must realize that the lifestyle and culture in some of these areas are very very different. So lets not hate on people unless they are Manchester United or Chelsea supporters. :D

:D:D

JK about the last part.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,384 Posts
Zack said:
Ugh... that isn't a newspaper, that's a tabloid..... you actually read that rag??? (plus their stupid football analysis done by ABU 'experts') :sleepy:

Not much worse than those pile of s*** at ESPN though, fancy one of them to think that Neil Mellor is the biggest talent in the Premiership! :dielaugh:


Read what utopia said again.... :blind: and while you are it try opening your eyes and see the big fat 'rollani' smilie.

Me a gloryhunter? Supporter since '88, true Devil since '92. Where were you at that time?
did u at see anything about me calling u a glory hunter? :glasses: did i hit something??? haha...hmm just wondering y it takes u 4 fooking years to become a true devil?????

haaahhaaaaa .....

fyi... i am a true red b4 u were even a supporter in 88...and thats from day one .. my fellow countryman...

oh... by the way i see that u have read enuff of the 'tabloids' to know what they write huh??

hahahah cant stop myself from laughing....


Proof of Scummers are all the same...no matter where they hail from

:dielaugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,484 Posts
Owenization-NRG said:
Lets not stereotype demographic regions for their characteristics or team preferences, because in the end, we're all human beings and you all must realize that the lifestyle and culture in some of these areas are very very different. So lets not hate on people unless they are Manchester United or Chelsea supporters. :D

:D:D

JK about the last part.

Yes, I too think it's extremely unfair to critisise those Eastern Asians who support Liverpool. But it's perfectly OK to be hostile to those Eastern Asians who support Man Utd. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
woohooo....... Its been a long time!!! I smell Scums!! Feck off!! Man Yoo me arse!! :ass:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top