Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As usual, Zanetti played his heart out tonight! This guy has to be the best right sided player in the world! He is great defensively. He rarely gets beat one on one. He is also a very good winger too. I really feel bad for him. He loses the Serie A title on the last day of the season and now has to go home after the 1st round in the WC!

I think his best position is right wing back because he is great both offensively and defensively. Too bad he chooses to play for Argentina instead of Italy!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I too feel sorry for this guy. :(

Coming from an ac milan fan, He is the only guy I really really respect in ur team. Too bad such a talented and honest player has to go back after the first round.

Caio

·
Registered
50 Posts
ZANETTI TO UNITED

ZANETTI IS A WINNER AND INTER SHOULD SELL HIM TO MANCHESTER UNITED WHO ARE ALSO WINNERS. INTER ARE JUST GOOD AT WASTING MONEY AND NEVR WINNING TITLES. HOW STUPID IS YOUR TEAM IF THEY CAN NOT WIN THE LEAGUE WITH PLAYERS LIKE ZANETTI, RONALDO, VIERI, SEEDORF AND RECOBA??????? YOUR TEAM HAS A LOSING MENTALITY AND ZANETTI SHOULD JOIN UNITED SO HE CAN WIN THE TITLE AND THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

DI'RAGGIO

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
unfortuntelyl, that's football...u win as a team and lose as a team...u can't blame anyone...hope it wasn't zanetti's last WC though..

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Zanetti regret at bleak season Thursday 13 June, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter hero Javier Zanetti is looking to the future after Argentina were knocked out of the World Cup.

The right back is keen to close the book on the last campaign which saw his club side lose the Scudetto on the final day of the season, only to be followed by Argentina’s shock Mondiali exit.

The South Americans needed to beat Sweden yesterday if they had any hope of going through to the last 16. But it wasn’t to be as they could only salvage a 1-1 draw with a late Hernan Crespo goal.

"It is a great disappointment and a loss that has caused us great pain. It signals the end of a negative season," said the Nerazzurri captain.

"It is incredible to have exited the way we have done. Sweden never thought about playing football. All they did was defend.

"Argentina tried to break them down but we were missing that piece of luck that was needed."

The technically gifted player added: "The anger inside of me has increased and I want to get back to winning ways. Inter will give me the opportunity of success which I lacked this season."

Zanetti arrived in Italy in the summer of 1995 from Argentine side Banfield. However, his San Siro spell has brought with it just one major honour – the UEFA Cup in 1998.

channel4

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Take my opinion from a neutral supporter but I thought he was useless vs England. Gave the ball away a lot and was not so inspiring. He was along with Colina (who always got in the way of the ball) were very bad for Argentina imo.

In the first game everyone played quite well so Zanetti wasnt special and the last game well only saw half because I was at training.

There is no Argentine player that I feel sorry for at the moment. It was a team loss but why did Batiputa play and not Crespo :confused:

Good luck for the season ahead guys, if lazio cant bounce back I hope the Inter can win lo scudetto, espcially for poor Conceicao...

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
yes,inter with most NT players in WC,few of them going home.first was recoba,then zanetti,now conceicao..who will be next?:rolleyes:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
eusebio said:
yes,inter with most NT players in WC,few of them going home.first was recoba,then zanetti,now conceicao..who will be next?:rolleyes:
sorondo already going home with chino... :(

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I'll tell you this, Ronaldo will be coming back to Milano with the World Cup trophy because my national team Brazil will win the World Cup, I hope! ;)

Yahooooooo!!! :happy:

Cheers,
Patrick

·
Registered
920 Posts
Patrick said:
I'll tell you this, Ronaldo will be coming back to Milano with the World Cup trophy because my national team Brazil will win the World Cup, I hope! ;)

Yahooooooo!!! :happy:

Cheers,
Patrick
Patrick I thought you were american!!! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts