Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20 yo, right winger of Fiorentina, the son of Enrico Chiesa, former star of Sampdoria, Parma and Lazio among the others. UEFA have included him in a list of the fifty promising under 23 players to watch in 2018. UEFA describes him as follow "A left-winger with a powerful shot, the son of ex-Italy striker Enrico Chiesa is a key player for the Viola and Serie A's brightest young thing". Well, Federico is all but left-footed, contrarily to the father who could equally shoot with the right or the left foot. He can improve. He is just 20 yo and the father had been loaned out by Sampdoria in serie C when he was 20 yo!

·
Registered
12,545 Posts
Do you think he should be a starter for Italy? He has 0 caps as of now so he should certanly be called-up asap to show his worth.

·
Registered
29,147 Posts
Enrico was definitely a favourite of mine. Back when Mancini always ended up in a great partnerships, and Im sure many others remember the Crespo-chiesa duo.

·
Registered
12,545 Posts
Yeah, I think he should be a starter.
I watched this dude called Barella yesterday in the Milan vs Cagliari game and he looked very promising. I think he's amongst the current crop of young italian players that needs to pe called up in order to freshen the squad. Maybe Lorenzo Pellegrini should be given more chances aswell. And of course Pietro Pellegri, but he still has some way to go before being a serious challenger. I see he's 1.96 tall so he might be one of those early bloomers who only dominate because of their phisique. Never saw him play a full match.

·
Registered
45,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I watched this dude called Barella yesterday in the Milan vs Cagliari game and he looked very promising. I think he's amongst the current crop of young italian players that needs to pe called up in order to freshen the squad. Maybe Lorenzo Pellegrini should be given more chances aswell. And of course Pietro Pellegri, but he still has some way to go before being a serious challenger. I see he's 1.96 tall so he might be one of those early bloomers who only dominate because of their phisique. Never saw him play a full match.
Yeah, Pellegrini and Barella should be part of the new NT as well. Pellegri might indeed be an early bloomer instead.
Our under 19/20 team (the one which lost the Euro to France in the final and the world cup in the semifinal to England) had some very good players. I bet on the midfielder Mandragora and on Orsolini who is classy but I thought would play much more at Atalanta. I have yet to understand what is the deal with Donnarumma. I prefer Meret. And I'm not even sure we are talking about two top goalies.

·
Super Moderator
13,195 Posts
Kid has looked good every time I've seen him, has a magnet for creating danger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts