Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GK's: Jerzy Dudek (1973, 36A), Wojciech Kowalewski (1977, 3A) i Maciej Nalepa (1978, 1A).

Defenders: Micha³ Zew³akow (1976, 36A - 1 gol), Tomasz Rzasa (1973, 14A - 1 gol), Jacek Bak (1973, 50A - 2 gole), Tomasz Hajto (1972, 55A - 6 goli), Marcin Baszczynski (1977, 10A), Jacek Kowalczyk (1981, 2A), Jaros³aw Bieniuk (1979, 4A - 1 gol), Tomasz Klos (1973, 47A - 3 gole), Marcin Wasilewski (1980, 5A).

Midfielders: Kamil Kosowski (1977, 20A - 2 gole), Sebastian Mila (1982, 4A - 2 gole), Mariusz Lewandowski (1979, 11A), Mariusz Kukielka (1976, 14A - 2 gole), Damian Gorawski (1979, 2A), Marek Zienczuk (1978, 1A), Marcin Nowacki (1981, 0A), Marcin Burkhardt (1983, 6A - 1 gol), Euzebiusz Smolarek (1981, 1A).

Napastnicy: Andrzej Niedzielan (1979, 8A - 4 gole), Grzegorz Rasiak (1979, 8A - 3 gole), Maciej Zurawski (1976, 25A - 5 goli), Ireneusz Jelen (1981, 2A - 1 gol), Pawe³ Krysza³owicz (1974, 31 A - 6 goli).

Where's Szymkowiak? :rollani:

Do we need to try Nowacki, Gorawski or Zienczuk having great players on wings (Kosa, Krzynówek, Mila, Smolarek)?

And what the hell is Wasilewski doing in the NT?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Injured. Good to see Smolarek in there. I'd like to see...

First Half
Code:
                            Dudek

Baszczynski       Klos                 Bak          Zewlakow

Smolarek          Burkhardt           Mila          Koskowski

Rasiak          Niedzielan
Second Half
Code:
                           Nalepa

Wasilewski     Kowalczyk           Bieniuk         Rzasa

Nowacki        Lewandowski         Kukielka        Zienczuk

Jelen            Zurawski
Also, where's Sobolewski?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I also can't understand why Janas obstinately calls up Wasilewski who has not progressed since he moved to Plock. Gorawski is another misunderstanding here.

Nowacki deserved his chance in my view. Versatile player, can play on the wing, behind two strikers or as a forward.

And goalkeepers... Hm... Instead of limiting to three, four names, permanently somebody new appears. Weird decision...

My eleven:
Dudek - Baszczynski, Hajto, Bak, Zewlakow - Smolarek, Kukielka, Mila, Kosowski - Zurawski, Rasiak

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
maior said:
Do we need to try Nowacki, Gorawski or Zienczuk having great players on wings (Kosa, Krzynówek, Mila, Smolarek)?
That's a good point. And as for Nowacki, he has charmed a lot of football fans in Poland. Unfortuntely, I'm not one of them and I think it's far too early for him to get a call-up.

Anyway, Janas has time on his own now and qualifiers to win ahead of him. Let's hope he knows what he's doing.

My eleven to start Slovenia game: Dudek - Zewlakow (Baszczynski), Bak, Hajto, Klos - Kosowski (Mila), Kukielka, Lewandowski, Smolarek - Rasiak, Niedzielan (Zurawski)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gorawski amazed me in the first half. Also good work from Kukielka and Niedzielan. Shame about Kosowski.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Players left for Faroe Islands:

Kowalewski, Nalepa

Baszczynski, Kowalczyk, Bieniuk, Klos, Wasilewski

Kukielka, Gorawski, Zienczuk, Nowacki, Burkhardt

Zurawski, Jelen, Kryszalowicz

Code:
                            Nalepa

Baszczynski     Klos     Kowalczyk     Wasilewski

Gorawski     Kukielka    Burkhardt     Zienczuk

Jelen              Zurawski

Subs:

Kowalewski-->Nalepa
Bieniuk--->Kowalczyk
Nowacki--->Zienczuk
Kryszalowicz--->Burkhardt

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Typical friendly game as for the level of entertainment. There are no voices of complaint though. We managed to win not playing well and that's the most important. Certainly, our opponent wasn't too strong. Slovania reminded me Poland from not that long ago. Decent team - pathetic performance. We entirely dominated in the first half, at least showing signs of team-play. Maior's remark about Gorawski is right, he did really well, although his assist to Mila was more due to luck than cross' precision. After the interval, he was the same Gorawski we got used to :) I'm not impressed by Mila performance considering fast approaching games in UEFA Cup. He lost many balls, his touch and passing accuracy was far from perfect.

Niedzielan proves that he made a right decision moving to Nijmegen. He played well, scored a goal and built up his position in the national team.

And my eleven for Faroe Islands: Nalepa - Wasilewski, Klos, Kowalczyk, Baszczynski - Gorawski, Burkhardt, Kukielka, Burkardt, Zienczuk (Nowacki) - Zurawski, Kryszlowicz.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Poland 6-0 Faroe Islands

Striker Pawel Kryszalowicz scored four goals as Poland ran out comfortable winners in today's friendly international in San Fernando, Spain.

First-half strikes
The KS Amica Wronki forward opened the scoring in the ninth minute, and had put his side 4-0 up before half-time. The 29-year-old, playing in a Polish side that was missing a number of regulars, captalised on good work from Wisla Kraków forward Maciej Zurawski and a series of errors from the Faroese defence to help his team to an emphatic win.

Sixth straight win [7th actually]
Defender Tomasz Klos made the score 5-0 a minute past the hour, and another defensive player, Mariusz Kukielka wrapped up the win three minutes from time. The win was Poland's sixth consecutive victory, equalling a record established by the 1970s side under coach Kazimerz Gorski.

World Cup challenge
The result was achieved without the vast majority of Poland’s foreign-based contingent, who returned to their club's following Wednesday's 2-0 win against Slovenia. Poland lost out to Sweden and Latvia in the race for a place in UEFA EURO 2004™, and face England, Wales, Austria, Northern Ireland and Azerbaijan in qualifying for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.

Ppl keep complaining about our style but you can't really play beautiful football with such opponent. Cause do tanga trzeba dwojga ;)
I think it's really a good sign that we can score so many goals against teams that defend with eleven men like Faroes or San Marino playing in experimental line up :)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Poland - Faroe Islands 6:0

Goals: Kryszalowicz 4 (!), Klos, Kukielka.

Poland: Maciej Nalepa (46' Wojciech Kowalewski) - Marcin Wasilewski, Jaroslaw Bieniuk (46' Jacek Kowalczyk), Tomasz Klos, Marcin Baszczynski - Damian Gorawski (46' Marcin Nowacki), Marcin Burkhardt, Mariusz Kukielka, Marek Zienczuk - Pawel Kryszalowicz (46' Ireneusz Jelen), Maciej Zurawski.

Another game without history. How came that this team drew to Scotland and troubled Germany? :rolleyes:

Three thoughts:
1. Even considering a poor class of the opponents, Kryszalowicz's 4 goals are a remarkable accomplishment.
2. Zurawski has some mental problems as for scoring in NT, that's clear. He should have score once at least. In spite of this he played well (3 and a half assists ;)) and he formed a nice duo with "Kryszal".
3. Burkhardt is still thinking a talent is all what is necessary to become a great player. Who will explain him clearly that he is wrong?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
If I were to cross out any player after yesterday's game, it would be Zienczuk. Every time he was going to cross the ball, it took him ages to make a decision :rolleyes: Useless...

Burkhardt is different story. His talent is unquestionable and I believe Janas wants to make a good use of it. But, as Kicker stated, you can anticipate a lot of problems. One of them is that Marcin isn't a first team regular at Amica :(

As for Zurawski, I think that his main problem is the pressure on him. This constant turmoil, counting games without a goal in NT etc. I mean, he had four excellent assists yesterday. And what he did when Kryszal scored for the second time, it was a masterpiece. Well done Zuraw! Relax, goals will come! This is what I expect to read in tomorrow's newspapers. But I'm pretty sure that there will be some biting remarks instead, especially due to the chance that he wasted in the second half :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts