Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Carrick suspended, Anderson injured, Hargreaves dead, and Giggsy still out... the superb Darron Gibson will be starting against Milan along with Fletch and Scholesy (thats if Scholesy doesn't get injured til then)!!

Also with Rio out, it aint looking great.

Bring on the nervy end of season fixtures!! :frustrat:

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Where's Posse Possebon?

·
Registered
6,218 Posts

·
Major
1,342 Posts
no it's an dig at previous comment regarding one of our player and a chav.
Anyways Lampard like Gibson was not rated(or was he?) in hiss younger days
Lampard has magical powers in BIG GAMES. he disappears.

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
Was he? I've always thought he was over-rated. Especially pre-Roman.

Oh, I see, yeah, you're right.

But I don't think anyone rates Gibson.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Lampard is a good player. Gibson isn't.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Lampard has magical powers in BIG GAMES. he disappears.
Like when he setup the winning goal against you in the FA Cup final? Or when he scored against you in the CL final, and the penalty, oh and hit the crossbar with a snapshot in the dying minutes. How about setting up Terry's goal this season against you? Which he has done in premiership winning seasons, as well as score. He has pretty much scored, assisted or contributed in a telling way to every major game Chelsea have had since his arrival. Look at all their quarters, semi's, finals and trophy winning seasons.

I swear XT has no memory and assumes the last game played is their entire career. :howler:

'Rob' - He was our best player at U21 level, amazing scoring record from midfield.

Gibson may turn out good but he should surely be on loan to find that out not going in against Milan to see if he can step up. Tough match without a midfield, although you just need Fletcher to man mark Pirlo and thats their 'midfield' essentially out of the way. And if you play Rooney as a second striker he can provide the creative outlet.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
Marc, I know Fat Frank (what his mates call him), and I specifically remember him mentioning he was looking for a good biographer. I'll be sure to mention you, don't you worry. It's Marc, yea?

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Lampard's a top player and has been for a number of years. He'd walk in to our midfield.

As for Gibson starting against Milan, of course it's going to depend on the system SAF plays but if he goes 4-3-3 then Giggs could return for the game to play in the centre, if not you've always got Nani to play on the left, Valencia on the right then put Park in the middle in and around Pirlo like at the San Siro with Scholes and Fletcher as the other two in the three.

If we defend properly, hunt them down when they have the ball and keep hold of the ball and make them work when we have the ball, and they're not the hardest working team, then I see us going through without too much of a problem. And that's not an underestimation of Milan, just what I'm sure most of us have gathered from the first leg and watching Milan previously this season.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Lampard's a top player and has been for a number of years. He'd walk in to our midfield.

As for Gibson starting against Milan, of course it's going to depend on the system SAF plays but if he goes 4-3-3 then Giggs could return for the game to play in the centre, if not you've always got Nani to play on the left, Valencia on the right then put Park in the middle in and around Pirlo like at the San Siro with Scholes and Fletcher as the other two in the three.

If we defend properly, hunt them down when they have the ball and keep hold of the ball and make them work when we have the ball, and they're not the hardest working team, then I see us going through without too much of a problem. And that's not an underestimation of Milan, just what I'm sure most of us have gathered from the first leg and watching Milan previously this season.
I think park will start Netws along side Nani/tony

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Park or Gibson vs. Milan, where´s the difference. :D

Watching Park frustrates me more than Gibson cause Gibson is still young enough to develop. Park isnt.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Marc, I know Fat Frank (what his mates call him), and I specifically remember him mentioning he was looking for a good biographer. I'll be sure to mention you, don't you worry. It's Marc, yea?
Keep trying, one of these posts are bound to stick one day. :thumbsup:

Why would we do that??
Because they may end up having no playmakers in midfield, or at least people who can pass a bit. Unless they just rely on Valencia all night long which could work but they may work it out and double up.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Keep trying, one of these posts are bound to stick one day. :thumbsup:

Because they may end up having no playmakers in midfield, or at least people who can pass a bit. Unless they just rely on Valencia all night long which could work but they may work it out and double up.
who are they you speak of?

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Gibson's too cocky with his long range shooting and his head annoys me but:

Gibson>Last Year-Present Carrick

1 - 20 of 36 Posts