Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our preseason will start on Monday, 14. July, when the team will work in Barcelona for one week. At this point no players who played the Euro and Messi who will play the Olympics will be present. Messi could even miss the first game of the qualifications for CL.

The next week we'll have preseason camp in Scotland (21—26. July). There we will play two games:
24. July against Hibernians
26. July against Dundee United

The third week will start with two days off in Barcelona (27. and 28. July). The working day is again Tuesday 29. July, but the next day they fly to Florence to play the third preseason game:
30. July against Fiorentina in Florence

The next day they fly from Florence to US, that's when international players will join the rest of them (except Messi, who would still be unavailable). The fourth week is spent in US with the following games:

3. August against Guadalajara in Chicago
6. August against NY Red Bulls in New York

The fifth week they are back in Barcelona., possibly already on Saturday 7. August. In this week we start our qualifications. The first game will be on 12. or 13. August and the second game on 26. or 27. August. In between -- on Monday 16. August we'll play the Gamper against Boca Juniors.

The players who will start the preseason from the beginning (I put the doubtful ones in brackets), not counting the possible new additions a la Hleb:

the 3 GKs - Valdes, Pinto, Jorquera - and the field players:
Sylvinho, Pique, Caceres, Alves, (Oleguer), (Marquez)
Keita, Toure, (Gudjohnsen)
Bojan

From the above list it's obvious that a big number of Barca B players will spent first 2-3 weeks with the first team.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Fine work, Barcoslav :thumbsup:

I thnik so maybe we are watching Gai Assulin in Scotland? I hope it.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Why exactly are the international players joining in August and getting at least a month off?
Not to mention some would be out from the tournament even earlier.

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
players are burdened again...trip to us is bit much i think
I agree. When are the Euro's are over the players will be knackered enough.

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On Monday we FINALLY start working.

On Monday medical test are scheduled, from 9.15-14.00 and 16.00-20.00
On Tuesday morning at 9.15 the tests on the field are scheduled (strength, speed, stamina). On the same day in the afternoon the true training sessions will start.

The 6 players from Barca B which were called to this start of preseason:
Corcoles (85)
Busquets (88)
Abraham (85)
Victor Sanchez (87)
Pedrito (87)
Victor Vazquez (87)
Jeffren (88)

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Eh, all the same, six or seven, hell or heaven.

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but it seems Gai will do the preseason with the B team. As everybody can see, Pep called older players (supposedly he adores Victor Sanchez), and not the young supertalents. But Gai wasn't even undisputed starter in the last season.

Anyway I saw Gai playing LIVE last year. I was really impressed, it so exceeded any expectations I had about the guy, as I said back then, I'm only sorry I never saw Messi play for the B team, so that I can't make any comparisons. I hope he counts on him on the long run. Being realistic though, there are no chances that he gets any minutes at the beginning of the season. In our current state of chaos, both Laporta and Pep needs every game to end with a undisputed win. I hope he'll get some chances later on, like in the cup games.
So where's Gai? Probably doing preseason with Lucho.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Gai doesn't have an EU passport. We already have Cáceres (I think) and Hleb taking two of the three places allowed. If Pep decides to keep Henrique for the upcoming season, or if we sign Arshavin or some other non-EU player, then there won't be any room in the team for Gai.

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
The 6 players from Barca B which were called to this start of preseason:
Corcoles (85)
Busquets (88)
Abraham (85)
Victor Sanchez (87)
Pedrito (87)
Victor Vazquez (87)
Jeffren (88)
Exclude Busquets from that list and include Chico instead. Well, that is if he's going to be signed as it's rumoured.

Edit: I see now I'm wrong. That list is official from Barcelona's website. :embarass:

Gai doesn't have an EU passport. We already have Cáceres (I think) and Hleb taking two of the three places allowed. If Pep decides to keep Henrique for the upcoming season, or if we sign Arshavin or some other non-EU player, then there won't be any room in the team for Gai.
Then Gai in the end will lose his patience and leave the club. Great planning from Pep. :rollani:

·
Registered
282 Posts
We could just blow up the camp nou, masía and everything- would be the best solution for our actual problems I guess...

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Then Gai in the end will lose his patience and leave the club. Great planning from Pep. :rollani:
Not necessarily. I'm not sure about Cáceres. He may have an EU passport and I just haven't seen it mentioned, or it may be that through his family background he can get one relatively easily. Henrique with his German ancestry may be able get German citizenship. The last I heard about Gai was he'd gained permanent resident status which is a step along the way to him becoming a Spanish citizen.

And of course we may not get any more non-EU players, and Henrique might be sent out on loan which would leave the three others free to play.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Finances before everything, so the team will suffer through global tours again.

I'm not bothered, though. They deserve it for what they've shown last season.

It's unfortunate that there are no teams on the Moon. We would make a trip there as well.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
I would remind everyone that the year we won the double we traveled around Asia. Might not be the best way to prepare, but it's just another excuse and not the core of our problems.

·
ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
7,425 Posts
Our preseason will start on Monday, 14. July, when the team will work in Barcelona for one week. At this point no players who played the Euro and Messi who will play the Olympics will be present. Messi could even miss the first game of the qualifications for CL.

The next week we'll have preseason camp in Scotland (21—26. July). There we will play two games:
24. July against Hibernians
26. July against Dundee United
Sorry to nit-pick friend, but Hibernian FC is the club Barça are facing, Hibernians FC are also a respectable club no doubt, but they play in the Maltese Premier Division.
Incidentally, given your past highlights reels on youtube, you should consider contacting them for a trial. :pp

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Dilluns 14 de juliol: Valdés, Henry, Márquez, Jorquera, Oleguer, Sylvinho, Bojan, Milito, Ronaldinho, Abidal, Gudjohnsen, Touré Yaya, Pinto, Piqué, Cáceres, Marc Crosas

These players will report to training on Monday, Messi will join on Tuesday and the remaining players who played WC-qualifcation aswell as the trio of La Seleccion will join in the following week. The players will undergo some medical tests and will start the preparations.

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
Dilluns 14 de juliol: Valdés, Henry, Márquez, Jorquera, Oleguer, Sylvinho, Bojan, Milito, Ronaldinho, Abidal, Gudjohnsen, Touré Yaya, Pinto, Piqué, Cáceres, Marc Crosas

These players will report to training on Monday, Messi will join on Tuesday and the remaining players who played WC-qualifcation aswell as the trio of La Seleccion will join in the following week. The players will undergo some medical tests and will start the preparations.
Ronaldinho will report for training on Monday?

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Today I booked a trip to Italy. I'm going to be in Florence on the 30th of July to watch the Fiorentia-Barcelona game. :D :party:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts