Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 643 Posts

·
Registered
69,448 Posts
They are building a new stadium. They will play there at the beginning of the next season.

Nice goal by Iancu.

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
A real good box striker would've scored 10 goals in this game...incredible how many chances they wasted.

·
Registered
25,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look how many chances they created.

Viitorul will play on Farul's stadium until the new stadium will be finished. The latter will have 10,000 seats and will be built in Constanta.

·
Registered
25,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not yet. But I suspect a lot of Romanians sympathize with them and their sympathizers will increase.

·
Banned
8,880 Posts
They have players like Marius Jianu, Denis Alibec, Rusu, Chitu, simion.. they're very interesting and they have more quality strikers that are young, than defenders as a whole.

If they invest in some defenders, they'll be top 10 next season, and maybe even make it into Europe. I really like Marius Jianu, although Chitu and Rusu(former Stelest) were the top scorers this season.

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Not yet. But I suspect a lot of Romanians sympathize with them and their sympathizers will increase.
I feel the same way. In time they´ll get more support, cause they´ll be a likeable team for anyones that loves romanian football.

I hope that, in time, this project doesn´t depend entirely on Hagi. On the other hand, if it achieves half of what it intends, i think it´d be hard to find a country´s football so influenced by one single man.

Here an interview with Hagi, where he shows once again that he is a man with a unique passion for our football

http://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/liga-1/hagi-a-vorbit-in-exclusivitate-cu-gazeta-despre-planurile-sale-de-viitor-voi-sta-pe-banca-336746.html

·
Registered
25,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hagi's goal for next season: finishing on the 10th place and up. His long-term goal is to provide all the NT players. For now, his academy provides 20 players to the youth NTs. Only from Ianis' (his son) group, his academy provides 11 players.

He intends to be the general manager for the team and he traveled a lot in the Netherlands to learn how to raise good footballers from teams like Ajax, Feyenoord, Alkmaar, Eindhoven.

Interesting youngsters from his team: Iancu (a real #10), Târu, Putanu (defenders).

http://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/liga-1/hagi-a-vorbit-in-exclusivitate-cu-gazeta-despre-planurile-sale-de-viitor-voi-sta-pe-banca-336746.html

·
Registered
25,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In the meanwhile, it seems that Viitorul will play initially in Liga I on one of Academia Hagi's fields with 3,000 seats.

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Can anyone tell me a bit more about this 'project' in general? :confused:
Well, it´s quite simple. Hagi formed an academy, investing his own money, with a real project behind. It is based on models such as Ajax academy. They look after the kids and demand them to study and have good grades for example. They have offensive football as a standard in all their teams, after Hagi´s vision of football. It´s said they have training conditions similar to the ones in top leagues. They also compete regularly on international tournaments and invite big teams to Romania.

He also founded a proffesional team, FC Viitorul, that in 3 years went from Liga III to Liga I. It was formed by some players with experience and the first kids formed by the academy.

The academy has already become the main source for all of Romania´s youth teams and they dominate or are among the best in all youth cathegories.

It´s a real dream come true for romanian football.:proud:

·
Registered
25,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Simply put: Hagi opened a football academy providing everything the youngsters need and protecting them from everything they don't need. He actually did things right. He hired competent people (who do not accept money in order to favor certain players), he paid people well, he provided everything the kids need and had them think only about football. On top of that, he protected them from vultures and the media pressure and his facilities are top notch.

I remember an episode when Razvan Lucescu - the then NT coach - said after a defeat that that's our worth since we don't have talent. That time, Hagi exploded and blasted him saying that Romania has plenty of talent, it's just that we don't know how to take advantage of it. Since then, Hagi has been proving he was right.

·
Registered
25,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
http://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/liga-1/hagi-promite-fotbal-spectacol-vom-fi-iuti-smecheri-exemplul-carei-echipe-il-va-urma-viitorul-336968.html

- Hagi intends to bring 5-6 more players to Viitorul.
- He doesn't like football where the ball is in the air. In his words, "our football" is swift and slick and the individual's quality makes the group.
- Hagi liked Ajax from the '70 with their total football. Hagi told his players that they need to produce football and, in order to do so, they need possession of the ball.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Thanks for the info.

It's very ambitious but I guess a powerfull Romanian person like Hagi is the only one who can succeed with such plans.

Is there a special reason why he founded a club in in Constanta? As he's not from that city?
Also, are they going to play in a stadium of their own or will they stay at Farul's place forever?

It seems like an interesting project to follow.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
They have players like Marius Jianu, Denis Alibec, Rusu, Chitu, simion.. they're very interesting and they have more quality strikers that are young, than defenders as a whole.

If they invest in some defenders, they'll be top 10 next season, and maybe even make it into Europe. I really like Marius Jianu, although Chitu and Rusu(former Stelest) were the top scorers this season.
I think they will fight against relegation. Not to be pessimistic but his project isn't that mature yet and super talents aren't growing on trees either despite Hagi's exemplary involvement. The majority of teams based on youth have no easy life in Liga1.

I remember an episode when Razvan Lucescu - the then NT coach - said after a defeat that that's our worth since we don't have talent. That time, Hagi exploded and blasted him saying that Romania has plenty of talent, it's just that we don't know how to take advantage of it. Since then, Hagi has been proving he was right.
:thumbsup:

- Hagi intends to bring 5-6 more players to Viitorul.
- He doesn't like football where the ball is in the air. In his words, "our football" is swift and slick and the individual's quality makes the group.
- Hagi liked Ajax from the '70 with their total football. Hagi told his players that they need to produce football and, in order to do so, they need possession of the ball.
I hope he takes advantage of his influences and brings in either real good players from Liga1 or interesting prospects from abroad. I'm sure he could lure a few talents from Turkey or other countries.

1 - 20 of 643 Posts