Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KO 12:30 Sunday lunchtime

Been a long time since we won there so it's about time it happens, also if we were to keep any hopes of finishing above Ajax. Östlund will probably be back as he was cuptied against Sporting but would you keep Zuiverloon instead bearing in mind that he'll have to play on Thursday against Sporting?!

Other than that, I expect the same team bar perhaps Ono who'll come in for Hofs maybe?! or Hofs on the right instead of Castelen?! we got to see Ono play for 90 minutes imo as we'll definitely need him on Thursday.

Kalou imo should be brought on in lets say the last 20 minutes if we've already won the game and he should maybe play for the reserves on Monday to get back to full matchfitness.

so my team:

-------Lodewijks---------

Östlund-Saidi-Gibbs-Basto

Hofs/Castelen-Ono-Paauwe-Goor

------Kuijt-Lazovic-----

prediction: head 2-2, heart 1-2

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Always a tough match for any team, but we'll just have to work hard and put in another 7. :D Nah, I honestly don't know which Feyenoord we'll be seeing.

I'd play Ostlund and let Gyan start next week, if he's fit? I dont know.

Also I agree Ono and Kalou will play a role in this match, not completely sure if they'll be starting but it's a possibility. I'm always pro-Ono since in form he's our best midfielder. Kalou has also become one of my favourites but he hasn't hit his old form yet. He should indeed play for the reserves first.

·
Registered
59,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just read that Östlund was struck down with the flu this week so he won't make it. Some consolation for me then I guess to see that I've got the same illness in the same week as the great man :proud: :D

Gyan is injured for some time btw. so the only possible choice for Gullit will be Zuiverloon. Not too bad then I guess as he'll again be the only option for us on Thursday.

BTW Ali Boussabon's today signed his 4 year contract for next season. That'll mean we'll again have 4 strikers for next season, provided they all stay. You reckon that it'll work in the long term since Buffel didn't put up with it? I'm guessing perhaps one of them will be sold then or maybe Gullit will want to perhaps play either Kalou or Ali B on the right?! didn't Ali play on the right for ADO or Groningen in the past ?

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Lazovic,Kuyt,Kalou,de Graaf. I already count 4 strikers now. But de Graaf is played out of position, isn't he? I'm sure he's a striker by nature, and to me isn't a winger type of player at all.

Ali Bousabon, I dunno, if I had to be brutally honest, he's nowhere near a player who belongs at one of the top 3 teams. I just can't imagine us or Ajax buying this guy. Ok, we bought Sibon, but he was pretty impressive in the two previous seasons with Heerenveen, but he wasn't a player for the future, and merely a 3rd or 4th choice type of player. Bousabon it seems is somebody for Feyenoord's future, and I just don't think he's the guy who is gonna score heaps of goals. But we'll have to wait and see of course.

·
Registered
59,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
nah de Graaf has always played on the right flank but I can understand how you could have seen him for a forward type player since he often came up forward and scored for RBC just like Goor does for us from the left flank.

However it's good you mention his name since I'd forgotten a bit about him after his only appearance for us against Vitesse. Like you I reckon he lacks the real quality for the right flank and he'd be more handy for the DM position with his high work-rate, so perhaps it is more understandable that Wotte hasn't really gone after Oude Kamphuis since we potentially have another Bosvelt in our team. It's now up to de Graaf to prove that he indeed will become one one day and not only be talked as one.

Pascal will be back for tomorrow btw :happy: after a suspension for the Sporting game! I don't think he'll start though as Gullit may want to have a bit of continuity in the team by sticking with Basto.

ACtually Utrecht isn't such a scary place for us afterall as I thought :eek: see the last 5 meetings between us there:

Datum Seizoen Thuis Uit Uitslag
18/4/2004 2003/2004 Fc Utrecht Feyenoord 0-3
4/5/2003 2002/2003 Fc Utrecht Feyenoord 1-2
27/1/2002 2001/2002 Fc Utrecht Feyenoord 2-2
29/10/2000 2000/2001 Fc Utrecht Feyenoord 1-1
19/12/1999 1999/2000 Fc Utrecht Feyenoord 3-4

Still as always it should be tough with their partizan atmosphere

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Yeah, I'm not to keen on the Boussabon signing either. He's a decent player but has he really shown that he's good enough for a top 3 team? I honestly doubt it. As I said before, I would have brought in El Hamdaoui way before I'd even think of signing Ali B. Oh well, at least we'll have another benchwarmer.

The match's about to start in 50 minutes from now. I think Dirk is gonna sink his old mates today. My prediction a 2-4 win. :)

FORZA FEYENOORD! :fero:

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
i hope that Lazovic is starting :D if so.. Feyenoord will win with 0-2 if not they will win with 0-1

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Another Lazo fan! Hope you're right.

Castelen opened the score for us, 0-1!

Zuiverloon started, Ono and Kalou on the bench.

·
Registered
59,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
welcome Andorovic :thmbup:

sounds like we're now pretty much in control after the 0-1 after Utrecht started the first few minutes better. Hope we make it 2 as you never know with our wing backs.

Reporter sounds positive about Gibbs and the goal apparantly was :star:

·
Registered
59,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 3 points should be in the bag now. :happy:

0-2 Dirk Kuijt :star: after a glip from Joost Terol

hopefully we'll keep the 0, counter and pick them off when we have the chance :cool: also as they also sound a bit toothless going forward too with the over the hill Mols, and Douglas & vd Bergh who aren't having their days either. :eek:

·
Registered
59,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Drulo said:
I think Dirk is gonna sink his old mates today.
just like you ordered boss :shades: :D involved in both goals today!
Hofs, Zuiverloon and Gibbs did well too I heard.

Sounded like that Utrecht were messy and that's been the story of their season bar for the beginning of the season like when they eat us in de kuip but that shouldn't take away from our professional performance. Well done to the boys and yet again Mark Wotte who I think is the main reason for our rise as he's done well with the players he's got with limited funds. Only El Hamadoui imo has been a mistake so far.

I listened most of the second half to an Utrecht based radio also round the 93,... FM frequecy since there was too much tennis in rijnmond as you might have noticed Drulo :D dunno if you could have received it in Rotterdam though.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Well it's about time I got something right! :D

Good win, that makes 3 in a row and hopefully we keep this form for a long long time.

Yeah I listened to Radio Rijnmond and was annoyed by the constant tennis (which hadnt even started :eekani: ), but what can you do, I kept listening til the very end.

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
yeah 0-2 :shades: Utrecht isnt that dangerous team anymore as it use to be a year ago..
how did Lazovic play by the way ??

·
Registered
59,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Danko had a quiet game today. He even got a 5 from voetbal international :googly: while the other players got marks ranging from 6 (most of them) to 7 for Paauwe & Kuijt and even a 7,5 for Lodewijks who indeed did well when called upon.

I think Lazo will start against Sporting though as Kalou only got 8 minutes today. Would be surprising were he to start.

Good to see Paauwe get a good mark but I hope he stays away from our penalty area :D as Utrecht deserved to get a penalty imo. after he made that challenge.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
We were really powerless yesterday :(, our problem is we've got no real striker, a real goalscorer, of course we've got v.d. Haar and Mols, but v.d. Haar is more a 'targetman' while Mols is too old... plus Tanghe couldn't play and Somers was too bad, so we had no playmaker... that were the main problems IMO.
Feyenoord played pretty well, they didn't create much, but it was also their benefit we couldn't create something, great goal by Castelen, and good rebound by Kuijt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts