Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys. As the first bit of business, Stanislav Cherchesov has extended his contract through the 2010 season.

Here is the article:
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/uefacup/news/kind=1/newsid=659636.html

Stanislav Cherchesov has extended his contract as coach of FC Spartak Moskva until December 2010 after leading the Premier-Liga side into the UEFA Cup Round of 32.

Gentlemen's agreement
The 44-year-old former Spartak, Soviet Union and Russia goalkeeper has settled on a new deal with the Moscow club, saying: "We agreed all the terms at the end of 2007. Our major shareholder offered me certain conditions and we shook hands on the matter. There were no difficulties during the signing of the new contract as we have sorted out all the details."

Second place
Cherchesov took charge of Spartak two games before the half-way point in the 2007 season and succeeded in leading the club to their third consecutive second-placed finish in the Russian top flight. His side failed to beat Celtic FC in the third qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League, losing out on penalties, but progressed through the UEFA Cup group stage to meet Olympique de Marseille in the Round of 32, whom they trail 3-0 from the first leg in France.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
I don't agree...a foreign coach is needed.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kleber said:
I just think you need to give this guy a little bit more time. He took over midway through last year; give him a full year and see what he can do.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Porto&Guti said:
I just think you need to give this guy a little bit more time. He took over midway through last year; give him a full year and see what he can do.
I don't believe in russian coaches.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kleber said:
I don't believe in russian coaches.

Well, who would you suggest Spartak should hire? Just because Advocaat did well at Zenit doesn't mean that all foreigners will have success.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Porto&Guti said:
Well, who would you suggest Spartak should hire? Just because Advocaat did well at Zenit doesn't mean that all foreigners will have success.
A italian coach.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
kleber said:
A italian coach.
You've got to be kidding me, Sir kleber. No Italian coaches in Spartak, please. :yuck:

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
OAnimal said:
You've got to be kidding me, Sir kleber. No Italian coaches in Spartak, please. :yuck:
I would not mind Lippi.:D

·
I love you Vardan.M
3,180 Posts
kleber said:
Gerets by example ?
Oh shit he is at Marseille :D

PS : I come here before the second leg to begin by a joke :D

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kleber said:
I would not mind Lippi.:D

The problem is that foreign managers do not want to come to Russia unless they are paid enormous wages. Advocaat, for example, makes 4 million per year at Zenit. That is a lot of money, and Spartak may not want to pay a coach that much. A big manager like Lippi, Capello, Wenger, or Hitzfield can easily make 4 million in the big Western European leagues. So why would they come to Russia?

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Yes! I just found my Spartak jersey today. :D It's been lost in my house for like 3 years, literally.:wallbang: Now it's repping time :D Good luck against Marseille

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Dymochka are you seeing the game?

Is Cherchesov a prof coach?:googly: :wallbang:

15 min,0-0...boring game.

1-0,40 min,pavlenko..kinda of a fluke goal.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Pavluchenko.:irritate:

1-0,ht...funny thing is that Spartak can score three or more goals in this game,marseille defense sucks big time but i doubt Marseille will not score......

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
We will kick their ass this time. Go Spartak!! :boxing:

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Spartal close to the second in last min......

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
2-0!,pavluchenko 85 min.....

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
2-0,ft....well at least a win.

Vilarreal or even zenit will have no problems to eliminate Marseille.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Good fighting spirit by Spartak. I watched the last 10 minutes. They had a chance inside the box with the score at 2-0. A cross from the right squeezed through but one of Spartak's players didn't chest it down well enough to control for a shot. Gave Marseille a good scare though

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FootyFan365 said:
Good fighting spirit by Spartak. I watched the last 10 minutes. They had a chance inside the box with the score at 2-0. A cross from the right squeezed through but one of Spartak's players didn't chest it down well enough to control for a shot. Gave Marseille a good scare though

Agreed. Spartak showed heart in pressuring a quality team; now they can concentrate solely on the Russian Premier League, where it is critical that they get off to a good start.

·
I love you Vardan.M
3,180 Posts
Congrats to your team, and good luck in your championship. Your forward is very impressive :eek:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts