Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Possible Line-ups:
FC Bayern München:
Kahn - Sagnol, Linke, R. Kovac, Tarnat - N. Kovac, Effenberg, Jeremies - Elber, Jancker, Scholl

FC Schalke 04: 1 Reck - 18 Oude Kamphuis, 12 van Hoogdalem, 15 Waldoch, 3 Matellan - 20 Nemec - 24 Wilmots, 7 Möller, 8 Böhme - 21 Mpenza, 11 Sand

Statistics:
7 victories Schalke - 16 draws - 8 victories Bayern, 45:52 goals

I'm kinda undecided :undecide: what to predict, but since Bayern has to win ;) I will predict a 1:2 for Bayern. Kuffour won't be in the team his week.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
i think its a 2-0 Bayern win today.......well at least hittzfield feels its a win,so we guys should feel that to:)...........forza Bayern

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Tigerheart said:
FC Schalke 04 5 - 1 FC Bayern München
Always nice to hear :)

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
well as i predicted,a 1-5 loss:depress: .......

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Incredulous Hitzfeld still believes in Bayern

Saturday 26th January 2002

Bayern Munich coach Ottmar Hitzfeld insisted on Saturday that his side can still win the Bundesliga, despite lying eight points behind leaders Bayer Leverkusen.

"The title is still within our reach," claimed the coach after the 5-1 loss to Schalke 04. "But it's hard to believe after this thrashing."

It was Bayern's heaviest defeat since 1994 and the revenge was sweet for Schalke, who were pipped to the title by the Bavarian side on the final day of last season.

Belgium striker Emile Mpenza converted Jorg Bohme's excellent 40-yard pass for the opener on 34 minutes before playing in Ebbe Sand to double the lead a minute later.

Bayern were set to stage a comeback when Mehmet Scholl converted a free-kick early in the second but Jorg Bohme lobbed Oliver Kahn to take the wind out of the visitors' sails.

Marco van Hoogdalem headed home on 75 minutes and fellow Dutchman Niels Oude Kamphuis completed the rout in injury-time.

Bayern's Brazil striker Giovane Elber said: "We haven't experienced anything like that for ages. We talked a lot about reducing the gap but nothing worked out. We simply couldn't deliver."

Schalke coach Huub Stevens gave his verdict: "We're eyeing a Uefa Cup spot but maybe we'll end up in the Champions' League if we keep on playing like this."

Belgium striker Emile Mpenza scored once and set up two. "It was simply great to play alongside Emile again," said Denmark forward Ebbe Sand, who also scored. "We were in a different class to Bayern today."

·
Registered
98 Posts
another 5-1, eh..... so sad at the news....... maybe, just like German National Team qualify at the last minute, bayern will win the champion at last........ i hope so.....

·
Registered
57,319 Posts
matthausforever!

it would get boring like this, dont you think so?
the story must have another end, at least only ONE SINGLE TIME!
it can not always be the germans and the bayern who win everything, please give others a chance:angel:

·
Registered
98 Posts
sanyi said:
matthausforever!

it would get boring like this, dont you think so?
the story must have another end, at least only ONE SINGLE TIME!
it can not always be the germans and the bayern who win everything, please give others a chance:angel:
yeah, i know. every team has her own good time and bad time. but being a big bayern fan, i really hope bayern can win the champion of bundesliga and champion league, though i know it will be nealy impossible for bayern to do so this year....

anyway, you are right:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts