Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its nothing to get excited about..but man our signings really played well...and did u see the AMAZING goal that Chainho scored?

L

·
0 Posts
Well, I gotta admit it, it WAS a very impressive performance. I don't think you guys need to worry about Anderlecht...

B

·
0 Posts
I know it's very early, but I dare say we have a better team than last year. As some anonymous administrator at FCP supposedly said: "we have plenty of Ferraris. Remains to be seen if the pilot (FS) can drive them". This will be a real test for Fernando Santos. Can he drive the Ferraris and arrive first at the various finish lines?

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Yes we have a team that can do a lot of damage and the game showed just how much in-depth quality we have. My Portuguese friends always say how Porto could play 2 teams in the Primeiro Divisao we have so much quality.

It was a good game and although Portuguesa are not the best of sides, it was a good test.

Alenithcev was excellent and that Chainho goal was superb. Domingos looked a bit rusty but linked up well with Maric & Alenitchev.

I was alaso impressed with Candido Costa who looks like he is improving a lot and maybe next year he will be pushing for a 1st team place. I mean his 1st touch was nearly a goal!

Paredes and Pizzi both were unavailable but it was an interesting system we played and we still have Capucho, Drulovic and Jorge Costa not to mention Deco as well up our sleaves!

FS has the dilemma of too many good players to choose from - but a nice problem to have. Competition will be fierce this season so effort should be 110% from the players and it looks so so good......

Oh and Ricardo Silva could of had a hat-trick

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
speaking of Paredes

I saw the Brazil-Paraguay tape...and this guy was amazing. He drove the brazilian team crazy, scored a wonderful header and got Cafu sent off...no it was not because of talking but rather Cafu made a badly timed challenge and ended up having his foot shoved right into Paredes gut....all in all...we have a wealth of quality in the midfield this season :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts