Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FC Liverpool made an offer worth 30 million Euro for Ac milans midfielder Rui costa...And AC Milan is about to accept the offer after buying Seedorf from internazionale...

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi Doctor X..

Do you have any link or ANYTHING to support the info you've given?? We know Liverpool have been interested.. but have they made a bid?? Oh and how much is 30 M Euros in pounds? :)

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Spurs join Liverpool for available Rui Costa

17 June 2002 : by Tribal Football

Spurs boss Glenn Hoddle has joined the race for AC Milan playmaker Rui Costa.

Liverpool are also interested in the Portuguese international, who is surplus to requirements at the San Siro.

Tottenham are ready to offer £8 million after being alerted to Rui Costa's availability by Milan advisors.
-------------------------

From what I understand.. we bid 20 M for him.. would this mean Spurs are stupid or would it mean that Spurs think Milan are stupid?? :) Anyway.. whatever the price.. I hope we get Rui.. I've always been a fan of his...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Paulinho said:
How much would 30 million euros be in pounds?
abt 20mill pounds

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Let me get this right... We are bidding 20 million pounds for Rui, who is 30, I think. Would GH seriously do such a thing? I am sure Liverpool could make that kind of bid for Rivaldo and I would have been happier, but Rui? He may have class or everything, but a bid of 20 million pounds surely inflates his price a little.:rolleyes:

paw:(

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Re: Spurs join Liverpool for available Rui Costa

Yasir said:
17 June 2002 : by Tribal Football

Spurs boss Glenn Hoddle has joined the race for AC Milan playmaker Rui Costa.

Liverpool are also interested in the Portuguese international, who is surplus to requirements at the San Siro.

Tottenham are ready to offer ? million after being alerted to Rui Costa's availability by Milan advisors.
-------------------------

From what I understand.. we bid 20 M for him.. would this mean Spurs are stupid or would it mean that Spurs think Milan are stupid?? :) Anyway.. whatever the price.. I hope we get Rui.. I've always been a fan of his...
damn...i wouldn't want him at the spurs...he is already 30...i don't think he has anything left...he might still be able to play for a couple more years...but he had a bad WC tournament...and he hasn't done much for milan since he joined them last year...at 20m pound, that's too much...if u only want him for a 2 years, then go ahead...i m sure milan would be smart to make a trade like that if u offer that much... :D:D:D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
apparently, newcastle offer 10m pound for rivaldo who is the same age as rui costa...but i personally think that rivaldo has more left than rui costa...rui costa is almost done...

but u wouldn't get rivaldo if u only offer 10m pound... :howler: come on, bobby robson... :D:D:D

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
paw said:
Let me get this right... We are bidding 20 million pounds for Rui, who is 30, I think. Would GH seriously do such a thing? I am sure Liverpool could make that kind of bid for Rivaldo and I would have been happier, but Rui? He may have class or everything, but a bid of 20 million pounds surely inflates his price a little.:rolleyes:

paw:(
Paw,

If GH wants to play a proper playmaker, Rui is your man. He is a better passer and team player then Rivaldo. And he can also drop back and play proper midfielder.

I would take Rui over Rivaldo any day if i had a good team like Liverpool has.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi everyone..

I cannot believe that some of us are suggesting Rivaldo over Rui Costa!! Yes I know the 20 M is a lot.. but well what can I say.. I'm pissed at the whole players' costs thing more than anyone!! But when it comes to those two players.. Liverpool are a "team".. we have been and always will be.. I would find it absolutely impossible to fit Rivaldo into any "team" without him wanting more than 70% of the shots.. All I have to say is look at Barca.. yes.. Rivaldo is brilliant when it comes to individual skills and the things he is sometimes capable of doing.. but looking at statistics he's not that impressive.. goal to game or goal to shot ratio are simply abysmal !! Plus Barca players have voiced out they outrage at his approach to the game many times.. and in fact, the Barca wins last year and the period where they played the best was after he got injured!!

We've been saying for ages that we need a good playmaker.. and Rui is simply one of the best.. just ask Batistuta!! As for Rivaldo.. I can argue till tomorrow that he is as far from being a playmaker as Owen is from being a goal keeper!!

Again, I have to say that I hope, wish and PRAY that this deal will go through.. although I still hope Liverpool can bring down the asking fee a bit :) Ok.. I have to go back to the transfer costs issue.. IT'S ALL FIGO's FAULT!!!! :) Ever since his ludicrious transfer to Real.. prices have gone over the top.. it was followed by Zidane, Buffon, Inzaghi, Rui Costa, Crespo, Veron.. Man, even RVN's transfer now seems a bargain buy!! remember when Alan Shearer moved to Blackburn (from Southampton) for what was it 3.2 or 3.6 M.. People thought it was WAY too much!! then again.. we bought Paul Stewart from Spurs and people thought he was actually good :rolleyes: That's one transfer you should really thank us for Carson :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts