Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 6306 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
I'd love to see Karpaty back in the Premier league, but it's not going to happen at least this season. They are in 7th place in the 2nd division, although only 7 points away from a promotion spot.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Is Maciej Nalepa still playing in Karpaty ?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Boy, Karpaty have a pretty young team. Their oldest player is 31 years old, and the next oldest is only 28.

16 players were born in the 1980's.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Poland-Cement said:
Is Maciej Nalepa still playing in Karpaty ?
No, he isn't. This winter he had been loaned out to Latvian club Venta coached by another great Karpathian, Oleg Luzhny. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
67,239 Posts
Kostja said:
No, he isn't. This winter he had been loaned out to Latvian club Venta coached by another great Karpathian, Oleg Luzhny. :thumbsup:
lol, are u TOO a great Carpathian?

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Persha Liga

Zoria - Karpaty 4:0

[Kudynov '27, '90, Shopin '50, Honcharenko '66]
Red cards: Brovchenko (KL) '26, Godwin (KL) '55
Att: 15,000

Ouch! 2 Reds aswell :depress:

Killer attendance at Luhansk though.

As it stands:

Team Points

Stal A 51
Zoria 48
Arsenal 46
Nyva T 42
Dynamo-2 37
Spartak I-F 37
Karpaty 37
Shakhtar-2 36
CSKA 33

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Haha, do you like any team that I support? Stupid question....

Anyway, I was pretty sure they wouldn't gain promotion this year anyway. I was hoping in the 2 seasons they would be up there - they have a relatively young team.

Looks like Stal Alchvesk is going to be back, with Zoria or Arsenal Kiev...Imagine that scenario again: Obolon down, Arsenal up. 1 Kiev team for another...haha, not great. Beats the days of Dynamo-2 winning the league though! And Dynamo have more depth now than they did before...

Karpaty, Ivano-Frankovsk and CSKA - all teams I would like to see in the Vischa Liga.

·
Registered
67,239 Posts
i thoguht CSKA were switched to Arsenal or something like that? CSKA produced some good players from what i heard, Shovkovsky being one of them.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
It was a semi-complicated spilt. They are two different clubs now.

I'll break it down for you, since I love you soo much Dema:

Around late 2001, Kiev mayor Omelchenko declared he wanted to buy CKSA Kiev from the Ministry of Defence. At the time there was no team by the name Arsenal Kiev.

Olexandr Omelchenko was successful in his purchase. So the fact he now controlled 51% of the shares of CSKA Kiev let him undertake the majority of the control at the club. The club was now run by the Kiev City Hall, thus the change in name to Arsenal Kiev.

This was largely a positive move as City Hall runs it better, established a new training camp and patched up the club stadium. Most of all it is a financially stable club.

However, they have been some scandals in the past...

Since CSKA Kiev was now officially Arsenal Kiev; the CSKA-2 (so the second team) was named CSKA Kiev and played as a separate club util the clubs reached a farm club agreement.

Due to the fact that the Ministry of Defence still had small shares in Arsenal Kiev, there was a deal made that CSKA would become a seperate entity with the Ministry Of Defence to hold the main stake at the club.

The links remain, and are very confusing, but they compete seperately.

The team did have some top players on their books a long time ago:

Kosyrin, Zakarliuka, Kostyshyn, Bilozor, Kyrlyk...

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Anytime Dema! Question:

List me 5 clubs, in order, whom you support. Just interested...you can send it as a Private Message if you want. (I know you are secretly a Dynamo fan :howler: )

·
Registered
67,239 Posts
Well CSKA is my team first and foremost, after that i sympathize with, Arsenal, FC Rostov, Shaktyor, and Partizan Belgrade.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Rebrov said:
Imagine that scenario again: Obolon down, Arsenal up. 1 Kiev team for another...haha, not great. Beats the days of Dynamo-2 winning the league though!
A rare case of reading Rebrov writing pure rubbish. :D Arsenal Kyiv and Obolon Kyiv are both the highest division sides. The club competing for the promotion in the First League is Arsenal Kharkiv.

Dmitriy said:
i thoguht CSKA were switched to Arsenal or something like that? CSKA produced some good players from what i heard, Shovkovsky being one of them.
I guess you're trying to recall Reva. :smileani:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Id like to see karpaty move up, but i have my doubts...it is still possible, but highly unlikely...I would also see Nyva Ternopil back in the first league within the next decade :p

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Haha :dielaugh: - sorry, my error - obvious blunder since Arsenal Kiev are in the Vischa Liga... :rolleyes: Look at the time i posted that, Im a sleep deprived child. :hangover: You know what I meant! Still stupid tho... thanks for pointing out my blunder Kostja :finger: haha, jokes :heart:

Since we are talking keepers for CSKA - question to Kostja; was Kornezenko ever contracted with CSKA or was he just on loan from Dynamo, Im pretty sure its the latter, but need some sort of confirmation...

Also the run down I gave on the split, seems pretty acurrate to me but one question does CSKA still play at cska stadium?aka Bolshevik stadium :tongue: ....to be honest Ive never seen a cska kiev match :googly: but Ive been to a Zakarpattia game- go figure!

Side note 1: As you may have noticed Im trying to break the record fot most smilies in a single post!

Side note 2: :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 6306 Posts