Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What league/class do they play in? I will be in interlaken for a couple months, and I was looking to see if they had a football club. I searched google, but not much information. Maybe someone here can help me? thanks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Interlaken play in 2. Liga - it will possibly surprise you but that's only the 4th league. (It goes "Super League - Challenge League - 1. Liga - 2. Liga). So it's probably a few people watching amateurs play. Regarding the ladder they're even about to descend to 3. Liga... Check this out (schedule = "spielplan")

I would go for FC Thun - they aren't that far away and play in Super League (which is our best one).

It furthermore depends on the definition of "couple of months" because we're now having a rather long winter break.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, Alot of leagues get confusing when the name them. lol. Maybe so the teams in those leagues don't feel as bad when they say 2. liga, instead of 4th. I will be there in March-July. I will check out FC Thun. Does the schedule permit me to see any matches at that time?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Redblue Power said:
Interlaken play in 2. Liga - it will possibly surprise you but that's only the 4th league. (It goes "Super League - Challenge League - 1. Liga - 2. Liga).
But you do know that there is a "2. Liga interregional" between "1. Liga" and "2. Liga", don't you? ;) So this makes "2. Liga" the 5th highest league.

To clear some of the confusion, let me say that only the amateur leagues are numbered. The pro-leagues were (and some of us still prefer to call them like that) "Nationalliga A" and "Nationalliga B", nowadays called "Super League" and "Challenge League" (I will leave away the comment about lousy PR-guys deprived of their daily dose of cocaine...)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Oh right - Vlado got me. Forgot about this one - so you see they even managed to confuse me.

/insidermode-on: BTW @Vlado: good analysis on the Altstetten incidents in the fcsgforum - the "maybe they aren't that silly and actually WANT to make it escalate" thesis is also something I'm thinking about (no, I wasn't involved). /insidermode-off

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Redblue Power said:
Interlaken play in 2. Liga - it will possibly surprise you but that's only the 4th league. (It goes "Super League - Challenge League - 1. Liga - 2. Liga). So it's probably a few people watching amateurs play. Regarding the ladder they're even about to descend to 3. Liga... Check this out (schedule = "spielplan")

I would go for FC Thun - they aren't that far away and play in Super League (which is our best one).

It furthermore depends on the definition of "couple of months" because we're now having a rather long winter break.
Time to drop by again after months of abstinence (related to this forum only, not related to alcoholic substances... :D )

One more information on the FC Interlaken: (should I say former) national player Mailaim Rama first put on his boots in Switzerland for this club! Of course he played some football in his homeland Kosova, but the first time he played football on a regular pitch was in Interlaken. After some seasons with them, he was transferred to "my" FC Thun 1898 where the nicest Cinderella story in Swiss football had its beginning :rollani:

As I live in Thun and work in Interlaken I can only recommend to attend football games of both these clubs. Well I never saw a game of the FC Interlaken, which is fairly in crisis as their bomber Walter (is his first name really Walter?) Tschumi is out with a nasty injury, so far, but one has to experience football wherever one is given the possibility to do so.... :smileani:

Cheers
East Ender

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
East Ender said:
Time to drop by again after months of abstinence (related to this forum only, not related to alcoholic substances... :D )

One more information on the FC Interlaken: (should I say former) national player Mailaim Rama first put on his boots in Switzerland for this club! Of course he played some football in his homeland Kosova, but the first time he played football on a regular pitch was in Interlaken. After some seasons with them, he was transferred to "my" FC Thun 1898 where the nicest Cinderella story in Swiss football had its beginning :rollani:

As I live in Thun and work in Interlaken I can only recommend to attend football games of both these clubs. Well I never saw a game of the FC Interlaken, which is fairly in crisis as their bomber Walter (is his first name really Walter?) Tschumi is out with a nasty injury, so far, but one has to experience football wherever one is given the possibility to do so.... :smileani:

Cheers
East Ender
thank you. yes, I will be working in Interlaken so I need my footie. I was going to check out games for FC Interlaken. I find it important to support the home city. And since this will be my home for a few months, I better support them. :thmbup: Of course, I would love to see some Thun games for the professional standpoint. As I have never seen a swiss club play. I am looking forward to being in switzerland. Thank you for the information.

·
Registered
381 Posts
As promised - I think you can look for the Thun (home) games yourself ;) :

19. Runde / 19ème journée

So/Di 20.02.05
14:30 Aarau - NE Xamax
14:30 Young Boys - Thun
16:00 Zürich - Schaffhausen
16:00 Servette - Grasshopper
16:00 St. Gallen - Basel

20. Runde / 20ème journée

So/Di 27.02.05
14:30 NE Xamax - St. Gallen
14:30 Thun - Zürich
14:30 Schaffhausen - Aarau
16:00 Basel - Servette
16:00 Grasshopper - Young Boys

21. Runde / 21ème journée

Mi/Me 02.03.05
19:30 Aarau - Zürich
19:30 Grasshopper - St. Gallen
19:30 Thun - Servette
19:30 Schaffhausen - Young Boys
19:30 NE Xamax - Basel

22. Runde / 22ème journée

So/Di 06.03.05
14:30 Young Boys - Aarau
16:00 Zürich - NE Xamax
16:00 Servette - Schaffhausen
16:00 St. Gallen - Thun
16:00 Basel - Grasshopper

23. Runde / 23ème journée

So/Di 13.03.05
14:30 Aarau - Servette
14:30 Thun - Basel
14:30 Schaffhausen - St. Gallen
14:30 NE Xamax - Grasshopper
16:00 Zürich - Young Boys

24. Runde / 24ème journée

Mi/Me 16.03.05
19:30 Young Boys - NE Xamax
19:30 Servette - Zürich
19:30 St. Gallen - Aarau
19:30 Basel - Schaffhausen
19:30 Grasshopper - Thun

25. Runde / 25ème journée

So/Di 20.03.05
14:30 NE Xamax - Servette
14:30 Young Boys - St. Gallen
14:30 Aarau - Grasshopper
14:30 Schaffhausen - Thun
16:00 Zürich - Basel

26. Runde / 26ème journée

Sa 03.04.05
19:30 Basel - Aarau
19:30 St. Gallen - Zürich
19:30 Servette - Young Boys
19:30 Grasshopper - Schaffhausen

So/Di 04.04.05
14:30 Thun - NE Xamax

27. Runde / 27ème journée

Sa 09.04.05
19:30 Aarau - Thun
19:30 Zürich - Grasshopper
19:30 Young Boys - Basel
19:30 Servette - St. Gallen

So/Di 10.04.05
14:30 NE Xamax - Schaffhausen

28. Runde / 28ème journée

Sa 16.04.05
19:30 Grasshopper - Zürich
19:30 Basel - Young Boys
19:30 St. Gallen - Servette

So/Di 17.04.05
14:30 Thun - Aarau
14:30 Schaffhausen - NE Xamax

29. Runde / 29ème journée

Mi/Me 20.04.05
19:30 Aarau - Basel
19:30 Zürich - St. Gallen
19:30 Young Boys - Servette
19:30 Schaffhausen - Grasshopper
19:30 NE Xamax - Thun

30. Runde / 30ème journée

Sa 23.04.05
19:30 Servette - NE Xamax
19:30 St. Gallen - Young Boys
19:30 Basel - Zürich
19:30 Grasshopper - Aarau

So/Di 24.04.05
14:30 Thun - Schaffhausen

31. Runde / 31ème journée

Sa 30.04.05
19:30 Zürich - Servette
19:30 Aarau - St. Gallen

So/Di 01.05.05
14:30 NE Xamax - Young Boys
14:30 Schaffhausen - Basel
14:30 Thun - Grasshopper

32. Runde / 32ème journée

Sa 07.05.05
19:30 Servette - Aarau
19:30 Young Boys - Zürich
19:30 Basel - Thun
19:30 St. Gallen - Schaffhausen
19:30 Grasshopper - NE Xamax

33. Runde / 33ème journée

Mi/Me 11.05.05
19:30 NE Xamax - Aarau
19:30 Schaffhausen - Zürich
19:30 Thun - Young Boys
19:30 Grasshopper - Servette
19:30 Basel - St. Gallen

34. Runde / 34ème journée

Do/Je 19.05.05
19:30 St. Gallen - NE Xamax
19:30 Servette - Basel
19:30 Young Boys - Grasshopper
19:30 Zürich - Thun
19:30 Aarau - Schaffhausen

35. Runde / 35ème journée

21/22.05.05
NE Xamax - Zürich
Aarau - Young Boys
Schaffhausen - Servette
Thun - St. Gallen
Grasshopper - Basel

36. Runde / 36ème journée

28/29.05.05
Zürich - Aarau
St. Gallen - Grasshopper
Servette - Thun
Young Boys - Schaffhausen
Basel - NE Xamax

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you, I will be able to go to some games while I am there. Very cool. This is also an oppurtunity to get more jerseys to my collection. I hope they have a fanshop.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
beerschot_fan said:
thank you, I will be able to go to some games while I am there. Very cool. This is also an oppurtunity to get more jerseys to my collection. I hope they have a fanshop.
Thun has a little fanshop. You'll find it besides the main entrance of the stadium - but it's only open on matchdays. Btw, you'll certainly be amazed or completely shocked when first seeing our good, old Lachen :happy:

Just one thing (hopefully supported by Redblue Power): don't even think of going to Berne in order to watch some Young Boys games - they are complete crap, club, fans, players! Ugly, plain ugly those b***a**s...

Cheers
East Ender

·
Registered
381 Posts
East Ender said:
Just one thing (hopefully supported by Redblue Power): don't even think of going to Berne in order to watch some Young Boys games - they are complete crap, club, fans, players! Ugly, plain ugly those b***a**s...
I'm not part of this banter. :pp ;) All I can say is that the new Wankdorf (yeahyeah, I know...) won't be open until then - which would've been worth a trip (but maybe nevertheless still is).

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
East Ender said:
Thun has a little fanshop. You'll find it besides the main entrance of the stadium - but it's only open on matchdays. Btw, you'll certainly be amazed or completely shocked when first seeing our good, old Lachen :happy:

Cheers
East Ender

:jester: sounds good. I will take your advice.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just came back from my stint in Interlaken., what a beautiful city, I loved it. I didn't get to go to any games, due to my work load, and on the weekend I did have free, I decided to visit my family up in Belgium. But I have to say I have fallen in love with Switzerland, great people, beautiful country.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
beerschot_fan said:
Just came back from my stint in Interlaken., what a beautiful city, I loved it. I didn't get to go to any games, due to my work load, and on the weekend I did have free, I decided to visit my family up in Belgium. But I have to say I have fallen in love with Switzerland, great people, beautiful country.
Very nice to hear that you enjoyed your spell in Switzerland! Have you been in Thun once in your stay? A pity we couldn't meet. I stopped working in Interlaken at the end of April and had my month off which I spent in South Africa. I'll go back to work there from the beginning of October while preparing my next exams simultaneously... They gave me a FC Interlaken cap as a goodbye present up there - I haven't known that they even sell fan articles... :D

Cheers
East Ender

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
East Ender said:
Very nice to hear that you enjoyed your spell in Switzerland! Have you been in Thun once in your stay? A pity we couldn't meet. I stopped working in Interlaken at the end of April and had my month off which I spent in South Africa. I'll go back to work there from the beginning of October while preparing my next exams simultaneously... They gave me a FC Interlaken cap as a goodbye present up there - I haven't known that they even sell fan articles... :D

Cheers
East Ender
Sorry about the late reply, didn't even see this post.

I just took a train from Geneva to Interlaken, I passes right by Thun. But if this makes you happy, I am now playing with Thun in Fifa 2005 :thumbsup:
By the way, what formation do they normally play?

I wanted to get some fan articles when I was there from FC Interlaken, but didn't get a chance to. I would love to retire in the Bernese Oberland. Or, win the Lottery and move there. It was so nice. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
I actually visited Interlaken about 3 weeks ago funnilly enough. Its a nice place. Not too much happens there and theres a few nice restaurants. I diddnt hear or see anything about the interlaken football team though.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
beerschot_fan said:
I just took a train from Geneva to Interlaken, I passes right by Thun. But if this makes you happy, I am now playing with Thun in Fifa 2005 :thumbsup:
By the way, what formation do they normally play?
Sorry It was me who didn't really got the question this time...

As I can hardly remember my football gaming times the FIFA 2005 starts with the 2004/2005 lineup, right?

That would be

Autumn 2004
Coltorti
Zanni - Deumi - Milicevic (due to injury Hodzic had to play that part) - Cerrone
Gerber - Renggli - Aegerter - Raimondi - dos Santos
Lustrinelli

You could also move Raimondi up front for a 4-4-2. I don't kno if the game allows that, they had a tradition of labelling central midfielders as inner defenders in my times... :D

Spring 2005 (THE squad)
Coltorti
Pallas (new from FC Zurich) - Deumi - Milicevic - Cerrone
Gerber - Renggli - Aegerter - Raimondi
Lustrinelli - Gelson (new from Bellinzona)

@ Parma Talent: No wonder the football team wasn't to be heard of. They played in the 2nd interregional amateur League (which is the 5th highest league in the country) and even got relegated down into the 3th League first level (it's the 6th highest...). It pure amateur football at its best :D

Cheers
East Ender

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
East Ender said:
Sorry It was me who didn't really got the question this time...

As I can hardly remember my football gaming times the FIFA 2005 starts with the 2004/2005 lineup, right?

That would be

Autumn 2004
Coltorti
Zanni - Deumi - Milicevic (due to injury Hodzic had to play that part) - Cerrone
Gerber - Renggli - Aegerter - Raimondi - dos Santos
Lustrinelli

You could also move Raimondi up front for a 4-4-2. I don't kno if the game allows that, they had a tradition of labelling central midfielders as inner defenders in my times... :D

Spring 2005 (THE squad)
Coltorti
Pallas (new from FC Zurich) - Deumi - Milicevic - Cerrone
Gerber - Renggli - Aegerter - Raimondi
Lustrinelli - Gelson (new from Bellinzona)

@ Parma Talent: No wonder the football team wasn't to be heard of. They played in the 2nd interregional amateur League (which is the 5th highest league in the country) and even got relegated down into the 3th League first level (it's the 6th highest...). It pure amateur football at its best :D

Cheers
East Ender

Yes they start with 04/05 lineup. I was using them in a 4-3-1-2 (just because I can attack faster the style I play) but the game only gives you 2 strikers, Lustrinelli and Moser, that is why I asked about moser...

Thanks for the info...It is just a video game, but I learn a lot about teams I would not know about.

Regarding F.C. Interlaken, did they get relegated last season? I enjoy amateur football, just as much as professional. I like to collect the jerseys from the lower leagues, since they are so hard to find....

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
beerschot_fan said:
Yes they start with 04/05 lineup. I was using them in a 4-3-1-2 (just because I can attack faster the style I play) but the game only gives you 2 strikers, Lustrinelli and Moser, that is why I asked about moser...

Thanks for the info...It is just a video game, but I learn a lot about teams I would not know about.

Regarding F.C. Interlaken, did they get relegated last season? I enjoy amateur football, just as much as professional. I like to collect the jerseys from the lower leagues, since they are so hard to find....
We didn't have more than two strikers at the beginning of last season. There were just Lustrinelli and Moser (oh we had three I forgot the long-time injured Samuel Ojong!). As Moser didn't prove he belonged to the starting lineup we often had the 4-5-1 running or we had the option to let Gerber or Raimondi play as a striker. In the winter break we got Gelson Rodrigues from Challenge League club AC Bellinzona who scored 11 goals in 15 games!

Video games really are fun. Guiding Leyton Orient into the Premiership or having Sweden European Champions by beating England 4:0 in the final rules..... :D

I'll be back in Interlaken for work from October on (this spell will last 7 months). Maybe I'll see that team play once. I opted to watch their ice hockey team once last season (they became Swiss amateur champions!). Getting a kit from FCI is a hard thing I guess as they don't have club shops - I was even surprised that my office colleagues got me a cap....

Cheers
East Ender

1 - 20 of 44 Posts