Xtratime Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
52,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drawn into Group B with Gent, Partizan and Anothorsis Famagusta.

Not a good draw... none of these teams will draw crowds or promise easy points. I was rooting for Lincoln Red Imps or HJK to end up as Flora's opponents from Pot 4, but no luck.

I guess I'll go and see one or two of those games at least... maybe Gent as I've always loved their logo.

·
1st Tier Poster
52,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I went there, it was an historic occasion after all, first ever group stage match for an Estonian club.

Hein is indeed an Arsenal keeper, not sure what his chances are to get playing time. Maybe he will get loaned out somewhere. He should be good enough to play in L1/L2.

·
1st Tier Poster
52,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Flora 0-2 Anothorsis at HT

Similar start to the game on Cyprus weeks ago, where Flora also fell 0-2 behind in the middle of 1st half but managed to draw and escape with a point.

·
1st Tier Poster
52,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And they do it again! Another comeback, another 2-2.

Plenty of chances to score the winner too...

I guess 2021 Flora pretty much cements their place as the greatest ever Estonian club team with these 2 draws. Mid-2000s Levadia held this distinction previously. No coincidence that Konstantin Vassiljev was a key part of both teams.

·
Registered
42,992 Posts
@Andy Christ

Sorry to go off topic, but have you seen any of Anett's matches recently? She's in the best form of her career and entered the top 10, honestly I doubted she'd ever achieve that. It seemed she'd bounce around the teens and twenties so far as rankings are concerned, but she is truly on fire atm.

Only thing for her to do now is to win a big title to cap things.

·
1st Tier Poster
52,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I watched her match vs Halep and was very impressed.

She seems to be one of the most in-form players right now, hopefully she can keep it up in Guadalaraja.

Navratilova in her tournament preview predicts her to win the whole thing:

·
Registered
42,992 Posts
And they do it again! Another comeback, another 2-2.

Plenty of chances to score the winner too...

I guess 2021 Flora pretty much cements their place as the greatest ever Estonian club team with these 2 draws. Mid-2000s Levadia held this distinction previously. No coincidence that Konstantin Vassiljev was a key part of both teams.
I caught the highlights and yeah some weak finishes from Sappinen.

·
1st Tier Poster
52,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Flora 1-0 Partizan HT

Great goal a minute before the half time whistle! Flora has three important players Sappinen, Vassiljev and Ojamaa on the bench for some reason. But it seems to be working.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts