Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We return to real football this weekend in the ugliest stadium of the Eredivisie. If you can call it a stadium at all. Den Bosch is the team that we'll have to beat there and if that succeeds we probably gain 2 or 3 points too on Feyenoord since they play Utrecht away. It might no go as easy as we hope that since Den Bosch, the favourite to go down at the start of the season, has a good record so far at home playing with their superdefense. Also we must not forget that two years ago we almost lost at Den Bosch if there wasn't Knopper to score a late equaliser. Besides that embarrasing fact it was also the match that gave Rafael van der Vaart his debut for Ajax. I don't think we'll see that happen again though. Since almost everyone is fit and they only likely candidate for a debut is not fit (Stekelenburg).

Back to the sunday's action now. Koeman almost has his line-up ready and it looks like he will opt for more experience in the team. Which means Galasek and Vierklau in stead of Yakubu and Heitinga.:(

The line-up

Grim (if declared 100% fit, otherwise Didulica) - Vierklau, Chivu, Bergdolmo, De Cler - Galasek, Knopper, Van der Vaart - Van der Meijde, Zlatan, Wamberto

The score

FC Den Bosch - Ajax 0-3

Zlatan
Van der Vaart
Wamberto

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We won, but that's about it.

FC Den Bosch - Ajax 0-1 (0-1)

14' Van der Meyde 0-1

Didulica; Heitinga, Bergdolmo, Chivu, De Cler, Galasek, Knopper (73' Van Halst), Van der Vaart, Van der Meyde, Zlatan (76' Machlas), Wamberto (66' Maxwell)

Subs not used: Grim, O'Brien,Yakubu, Pienaar.

More comments will follow after Studio Sport.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P. Kluivert said:
I read in de Telegraaf that Vierklau is injured :rollani: he twisted his ankle or something, great news for Heitinga :)
Yeah, I don't know why Koeman has said that Vierklau will be the number 1 for the rightbackposition since he's injured for 99% of the season.

I've seen the highlights (well, that's perhaps too much praise for a goal in the first half and a ball that ended on the bar in the second), but still we did in Den Bosch what Feyenoord, Heerenveen and Vitesse couldn't do and that is score and win. Feyenoord lost two points (or should we say won a point?) in Utrecht so we're equal again now in points lost with Feyenoord.

Nice goal by Andy (who had his needed haircut) after Zlatan initially screwed up the chance (the rest of the game by him wasn't that much better). Although Koeman said he would play with a real number 10 he started with a defensive man (Galasek) on that position and during the second half he also brought in Van Halst and Maxwell in for attacking players (Knopper and Wamberto). I don't hope this will be line that he will follow the rest of the season though. :depress:

Sidenote: Van der Vaart got a yellow card and will be suspended for the next game

1 - 4 of 4 Posts